The Student Room Group

Girlfriend got me naked in front of her friends

Scroll to see replies

I have to confess that i think your making a mountain out of a molehill. Your girlfriend has chosen to go somewhere where her friends would see you naked so she is clearly sufficiently impressed with your package that she wants to show it off.

Your a man, stop being insecure and take pleasure from the fact that (unless they were fat) you have just seen your girlfriends friends naked.
Huge culture shock. You should explain to your girlfriend that you don’t want to do it again. It seems really bizarre and inappropriate for us and I wouldn’t have been able to do it. It must be normal for them.
If you're not comfortable with it, you should bring it up to her. That being said, you should have just said no at the time or something along those lines, or backed out from doing it. It'd have been a bit wiser and would have just resulted in a quip or two from her friends rather than this situation.

On the note of bathing nude with others... it's worth a try! It's pretty fun, too. When I went to Japan, I went up north. On the most northern tip, storms came. I almost missed my flight, my flight was almost diverted and/or cancelled, and when it wasn't, my ferry was cancelled due to weather. No bank machines, nothing in my pocket except a crisp 20,000 Yen (most of which was spent on a hotel) and my stuff. Covered in sweat, anxious, with 80 kph winds blowing my hair to kingdom come, I hit the onsen.

Walked in, took my shoes off, went upstairs. I'd never been anywhere with other naked folk before, much less a bunch of burly older Japanese men. It was fun though. You get naked, get your penis stared at by some 5 year old kid, who then proceeds to ask a question to his dad with his dad promptly bowing in apology, and then go in. Let me tell you, a huge guy welcomed me in, slapped me hard on the back, and I went into the baths with him. No regrets. 100% random strangers, 100% unkempt bush, and 100% fun.

The moral of the story is that bathing nude with other people that you know or don't know strengthens bonds and communal feeling! EVERYONE SHOULD DO IT! but not with your parents...
Original post by karl pilkington
I don't understand are you a guy? All her friends are female the whole thing is kind of weird but maybe they treat nudity differently over there.

I'm a girl.
Original post by Rakas21
I have to confess that i think your making a mountain out of a molehill. Your girlfriend has chosen to go somewhere where her friends would see you naked so she is clearly sufficiently impressed with your package that she wants to show it off.

Your a man, stop being insecure and take pleasure from the fact that (unless they were fat) you have just seen your girlfriends friends naked.

I'm not a man. I'm a girl. :rofl3:

I'm not sure I took "pleasure" from seeing my girlfriends friends naked, but I must confess they were quite typically Dutch, tall and blonde.
Original post by shadowdweller
I'm not sure it's quite fair to say she "made" you get naked - she probably thought you knew what the spa would be like, or assumed you would voice an objection when you were there if you weren't okay with it? If you didn't feel that you could disagree with your girlfriend, there's a much bigger underlying issue here.

"Made" is probably not the right word. I guess in my flustered state I didn't want to make my girlfriend look bad in front of her friends that I felt obliged to not make a fuss. I guess I could have said "no" and she probably would have been fine about it.
Original post by Anonymous
The title makes the situation worse than it sounds, but it still makes me feel uncomfortable.

My girlfriend is Dutch and we recently went over to the Netherlands to meet her parents and friends. The trip on the whole was great except for one afternoon when my gf suggested we went to a Sauna and meet some of her friends. I was obviously totally up for that and met her friends at the the sauna. Unfortunately for me, I didn't realise until we got to the changing rooms, that at Dutch Sauna's everyone gets their kit off (I ignorantly thought this only happened in the Scandinavian countries).

All of a sudden my girlfriend and two of her friends I had only just met her completely in the buff. I felt so awkward, but didn't want to cause an issue with my gf so got undressed too. The four of us then spent an hour in the sauna. While nothing "bad" happened, I just felt so self-conscious about myself rather than relaxing. For example, all of them were 'smooth' in the downstairs department, unlike my myself and I would be thinking "Oh god, what must they think of me!"

I know most people will think I'm just being silly, but I really found the whole experience awkward. We're back in the UK, so we won't be going to any type of saunas like that for a while, so I don't know whether I should just keep it to myself or mention it to her.

Everyone is different I suppose.
I personally would have got my clothes off with ease and start tugging at there breasts and ass etc. I would have tried to drum up a orgy.
I don't get what your problem is.
Original post by Peter.JohnsonJR
I personally would have got my clothes off with ease and start tugging at there breasts and ass etc. I would have tried to drum up a orgy.

Ever heard of thing called consent? :rolleyes:
Ever heard of thing called consent? :rolleyes:

Yeah but I'm a male slut.
Yeah but I'm a male slut.

Good job none of us in the sauna were men then I guess.
Good job none of us in the sauna were men then I guess.

Oh no, who needs a sausage fest.
Oh no, who needs a sausage fest.

Not me or my girlfriend, that's for sure.
That was brave and nice of you to go along with! When he realised that it was communal nakedness, my bf refused to go into the sauna when I took him there, so I couldn't go too..

You should tell her you were uncomfortable, but did it anyway and if you don't want to go again, tell her that too. She should respect your choice not to go.

She must've thought you looked perfectly acceptable to show her friends and they would have thought you looked fine, if this is what makes their friend happy! So don't fret about that.

Did you not enjoy it even a little? All those naked girls surrounding you? You can always go again and be more relaxed, enjoy it!

Spoiler

At least your girlfriend is confident enough that she trusts that you won't end up fancying them.
Not me or my girlfriend, that's for sure.

I am even more surprised by your reaction given it was an all-female sauna. I had intended to ask where in the Netherlands it was in case it was a sauna that I had been to, but this is unlikely unless you went on a 'damendag'.
That’s one cultural difference we Brits can find odd. So, her friends were guys? Chances are they have seen her bits long before you had. Saunas aren’t like that here so you’ll be fine, except the gay ones 😉
(edited 4 years ago)
This is just cultural difference, your GF probably assumed you understood. I would suggest at this point either get over it or forget about it.

Im sure they thought nothing of it, your GF obviously didnt mind, I would imagine her friends all thought nothing of it.

Looks like you will be crossed off the future sauna invite list, then... :aetsch:

You'd be thrown out in no time. Only a person from the UK could equate nudity with sex all the time.
Everyone was super nice. It was just me that was getting all flustered.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending