The Student Room Group

Sky Graduate Scheme 2020

Scroll to see replies

I feel like an insight day sounds more positive than a list of questions you should practice to improve
Original post by canttouchthis
I feel like an insight day sounds more positive than a list of questions you should practice to improve

True but I haven't seen your email so I can't give my opinion. These video interviews are usually scored by AI first. Then shown to a recruiter. It's crazy.
Original post by canttouchthis

By insight day.. what does it say specifically? A specific day you’ll be going in? Which programme did you apply for? I didn’t feel like the email was a bad email, just a general overview on improving strengths. For all we know, you might be doing a programme that has an earlier assessment date.
Original post by Toffy2424
By insight day.. what does it say specifically? A specific day you’ll be going in? Which programme did you apply for? I didn’t feel like the email was a bad email, just a general overview on improving strengths. For all we know, you might be doing a programme that has an earlier assessment date.

Yeah so I'm a bit confused why I didn't get that email about improving strengths. And I'm the only one who didn't, so far. It's weird. It says they're holding an insight day at their office next week. I applied for Business Rotational - August start.
Original post by MrMusician95
Yeah so I'm a bit confused why I didn't get that email about improving strengths. And I'm the only one who didn't, so far. It's weird. It says they're holding an insight day at their office next week. I applied for Business Rotational - August start.

Hi, so this is an insight day? Not an assessment day? Like you are not asked to prepare anything etc?

What that might be is, some companies eg Lloyd’s bank do insight days on what the company is about or that sector. You’re doing business so if it’s not an assessment day, it’ll be a optional day to go in and meet recruiters etc. I’d deffo go as it’ll get your name in there. As for me, I applied for tech rotational which might be much later. If it isn’t, well you’ve deserved it to get this far and good luck! Hope I’ve gotten through, I did get the general email about strengths tho so :/
Hi, so this is an insight day? Not an assessment day? Like you are not asked to prepare anything etc?

What that might be is, some companies eg Lloyd’s bank do insight days on what the company is about or that sector. You’re doing business so if it’s not an assessment day, it’ll be a optional day to go in and meet recruiters etc. I’d deffo go as it’ll get your name in there. As for me, I applied for tech rotational which might be much later. If it isn’t, well you’ve deserved it to get this far and good luck! Hope I’ve gotten through, I did get the general email about strengths tho so :/

It was an email where they said they're eagerly awaiting my assessment, which I did in September. Then it went on about an insight day. I'm honestly confused why different people are getting different emails.
Reply 86
It was an email where they said they're eagerly awaiting my assessment, which I did in September. Then it went on about an insight day. I'm honestly confused why different people are getting different emails.

I attended an insight day in Livingston, so it's definitely not an interview/assessment centre. Just an opportunity to meet recruiters and find out more about the company :smile:
Original post by caryyys
I attended an insight day in Livingston, so it's definitely not an interview/assessment centre. Just an opportunity to meet recruiters and find out more about the company :smile:

Yeah, I know it's an insight day :smile: I'm just confused why I got that and not the improving strengths email, but for a few on here it's the opposite. They got the strengths one but not the one about the insight day.
Reply 88
Hi, I applied for the finance scheme and completed the digital assessment, it was mostly numerical with a bit of situational judgement in it. Is this the first test everyone is speaking about or ??? Unsure what’s happening because I did this about 2 weeks ago and recently got my strengths report but not heard anything else further
Original post by Hn159
Hi, I applied for the finance scheme and completed the digital assessment, it was mostly numerical with a bit of situational judgement in it. Is this the first test everyone is speaking about or ??? Unsure what’s happening because I did this about 2 weeks ago and recently got my strengths report but not heard anything else further

The digital assessment is the first test. Then for finance you have a numerical test then the job simulation. My girlfriend did her digital assessment on the 20th of September but didn't get her numerical until the 4th of October. But check your account as she didn't get an emails about numerical test or job simulation but on her account she'd been progressed.
The digital assessment is the first test. Then for finance you have a numerical test then the job simulation. My girlfriend did her digital assessment on the 20th of September but didn't get her numerical until the 4th of October. But check your account as she didn't get an emails about numerical test or job simulation but on her account she'd been progressed.

The first test had a combination of numerical and logical reasoning, there’s no separate numerical test, the first test was a SJT, video was to test your responses in a work environment
The first test had a combination of numerical and logical reasoning, there’s no separate numerical test, the first test was a SJT, video was to test your responses in a work environment

There is, for the finance scheme. There's one extra stage for the finance applicants.
Original post by caryyys
I got one too! Think it's just been sent out to everyone, assessments aren't till December so they're possibly waiting till the closing date to choose who is going through.

AC start in the first week of November unless you applied for the DevOps (i think) grad scheme. Then the AC is next May or something like that
Original post by That__guy__bob
AC start in the first week of November unless you applied for the DevOps (i think) grad scheme. Then the AC is next May or something like that

May?? Holy smokes lol.
May ? That cant be right ?
May?? Holy smokes lol.

It's something like that, forgot when exactly but they said it in the Facebook livestream i was talking about before
Original post by hasan6091
May ? That cant be right ?

Not 100% if it's may but it's defo next early next year. They said it on their Facebook livestream but i forgot when and if it is DevOps.
For those that have completed the Video Assessment, is there no competency questions (Why Sky?, Why this role?, etc) at all?

If so, how do you recommend preparing for the type of questions that do come up, and do you have any examples?

Thanks!
Original post by bradrangers
For those that have completed the Video Assessment, is there no competency questions (Why Sky?, Why this role?, etc) at all?

If so, how do you recommend preparing for the type of questions that do come up, and do you have any examples?

Thanks!

In the nicest way possible, no ones gonna hand you a free pass, we all want the best chance for the job, just prepare and be yourself and you’ll be fine
In the nicest way possible, no ones gonna hand you a free pass, we all want the best chance for the job, just prepare and be yourself and you’ll be fine

Note that I asked 'how do you recommend preparing for the type of questions that do come up' not 'what are the questions that come up'. I do see where you're coming from, I was just asking for tips on how to prepare... not for a list of answers.

Quick Reply

Latest