The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

2020 University of Glasgow applicants thread

Hey guys!

This thread is for the people who are applying/have applied this year to study at UofG.

Did you receive an acknowledgement or offer?
What course(s) have you applied to?
What other universities have you applied to?

I'll start: I applied to MEng Electronics and Electrical Engineering and have also applied to Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Strathclyde and Heriot-Watt.
Applied 7/09/2019, got an acknowledgement on 9/09/2019 and received an offer on 19/11/2019.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey!
I'm an English applicant so I'm thinking it's going to take ages to get an offer (or a rejection lol) for me. I applied to common Law on the 10th and and got an acknowledgement email the same day. We have to do the LNAT for Glasgow so they only give offers after they have our marks for it. I also applied to Oxford, Durham, Leeds and Cardiff. :smile:

update: got an offer yesterday (30/10/19)! So happy!
(edited 4 years ago)
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by leilalj
Hey!
I'm an English applicant so I'm thinking it's going to take ages to get an offer (or a rejection lol) for me. I applied to common Law on the 10th and and got an acknowledgement email the same day. We have to do the LNAT for Glasgow so they only give offers after they have our marks for it. I also applied to Oxford, Durham, Leeds and Cardiff. :smile:

I'm an EU student, so I will be waiting for a few months as well :P
Reply 3
Original post by Mirai609
I'm an EU student, so I will be waiting for a few months as well :P

oh cool! Good luck with everything ! :smile:
Hiya,
I applied 3/10/19 from England to study English Literature - I got an application recognition from Glasgow on the 8th and by the evening of the same day I had received an offer! It was a quick turnaround.
I've also applied to Cambridge, St Andrews, Edinburgh and Cardiff.
Reply 5
Original post by mollypearce123
Hiya,
I applied 3/10/19 from England to study English Literature - I got an application recognition from Glasgow on the 8th and by the evening of the same day I had received an offer! It was a quick turnaround.

Oh wow, that was quick. Good for you :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by leilalj
oh cool! Good luck with everything ! :smile:

Thanks, you too! :smile:
Oh wow, that was quick. Good for you :biggrin:

Thank you :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by mollypearce123
Hiya,

well done!!
Reply 9
Hi,I applied for Genetics at Glasgow. Got an unconditional offer today!🥳 Good luck to everyone else applying!
Reply 10
Original post by Lixy5155
Hi,I applied for Genetics at Glasgow. Got an unconditional offer today!🥳 Good luck to everyone else applying!

Wow, great job! Congratulations on your offer :h:
Did you receive an acknowledgement or offer? Received an offer (Conditional: ABB but will probably be considered with BBB) on 16/10 for Genetics (Sent my application off on the 11th)
What course(s) have you applied to? Genetics
What other universities have you applied to? Durham, Oxford, Lancaster and Sheffield (but considering switching Sheffield to Strathclyde)
Reply 12
Original post by keep_drowning
Did you receive an acknowledgement or offer? Received an offer (Conditional: ABB but will probably be considered with BBB) on 16/10 for Genetics (Sent my application off on the 11th)
What course(s) have you applied to? Genetics
What other universities have you applied to? Durham, Oxford, Lancaster and Sheffield (but considering switching Sheffield to Strathclyde)

Congrats! I see the Genetics offers are steadily rolling out
Congrats! I see the Genetics offers are steadily rolling out

I was really surprised tbh - I thought that most of the Scottish unis are meant to be quite slow (but I'm definitely not complaining!)
Reply 14
Original post by keep_drowning
I was really surprised tbh - I thought that most of the Scottish unis are meant to be quite slow (but I'm definitely not complaining!)

Me too lmao
I applied for comparative literature/film and television studies on the 15th of October... Still not heard anything from them, not even a confirmation. I'm really spooked cause they're known for getting back to students quickly and I haven't gotten a confirmation.
Also applied to Stirling, Strathclyde and Goldsmiths
Reply 16
Original post by SantanaSmithers
I applied for comparative literature/film and television studies on the 15th of October... Still not heard anything from them, not even a confirmation. I'm really spooked cause they're known for getting back to students quickly and I haven't gotten a confirmation.
Also applied to Stirling, Strathclyde and Goldsmiths

That's weird, I got my acknowledgement in just a few days after sending the application. But don't worry, it hasn't even been a week yet for you
(Original post by Mirai609)That's weird, I got my acknowledgement in just a few days after sending the application. But don't worry, it hasn't even been a week yet for you
Maybe I should send them an email asking if they got it...?
Reply 18
Original post by SantanaSmithers
(Original post by Mirai609)That's weird, I got my acknowledgement in just a few days after sending the application. But don't worry, it hasn't even been a week yet for you
Maybe I should send them an email asking if they got it...?

You definitely should. You should also keep in mind that some universities have even longer waiting times: I applied on the 7th of September and Strathclyde has yet to acknowledge me, I even emailed them and the admission officer for the department said it wasn't forwarded to him yet.
You definitely should. You should also keep in mind that some universities have even longer waiting times: I applied on the 7th of September and Strathclyde has yet to acknowledge me, I even emailed them and the admission officer for the department said it wasn't forwarded to him yet.

I called them yesterday and they said they'd received it, so that's good. Apparently the media and communications stuff hasn't started looking at admissions yet. So that's a relief

Latest