emma1468
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi I have recently qualified from uni with a 2:2 in adult nursing and have been working as a nurse for nearly 2 months. I have always wanted to be a doctor and still do even more so working in the hospital around doctors. I have researched postgrad medicine and most unis require the GAMSAT and a 2:1 at uni would i still be able to get in with a 2:2 in nursing? Thanks
Marathi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I applied with a 2.2 and it was incredibly difficult. I think only Notts may accept 2.2 on its own now (but it would be worth checking as I've not looked in a few years). I ended up doing a Masters to help open additional options up for me (like Swansea and Warwick), which is what I would recommend if your heart is set on medicine.
username1539513
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by emma1468)
Hi I have recently qualified from uni with a 2:2 in adult nursing and have been working as a nurse for nearly 2 months. I have always wanted to be a doctor and still do even more so working in the hospital around doctors. I have researched postgrad medicine and most unis require the GAMSAT and a 2:1 at uni would i still be able to get in with a 2:2 in nursing? Thanks
You might be able to at Nottingham, which takes 2:2
Swansea University Enquiries
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi emma1468,

Speaking for ourselves, you could look to do our Graduate Entry Medicine course with a 2:2 if you completed a postgraduate qualification first. Our entry requirements are as follows:

• either an upper second (2:1) or first class degree in any discipline
  • or a merit or distinction (equivalent to 2:1 or first) in an integrated undergraduate Master's degree
  • or a lower second (2:2) PLUS a Postgraduate Master's or PhD
  • GCSE Mathematics and English at grade C or above
  • GAMSAT with a minimum overall score of 50, together with a minimum of 50 in Paper III (Reasoning in Biological and Physical Sciences)

In addition, while it's not what you're asking about have you looked into a Physician Associate Studies course? Depending on the aspects of a doctor's role that interest you the most, it may potentially be an avenue of interest for you.

Jamie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (6)
4.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
16.91%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
13.97%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (40)
29.41%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.65%

Watched Threads