The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by GeoElectric
For those interested in applying to Kcl, this is a complete list of all applicants last year, their gcses, predicted grades, ucat scores and whether they got an interview, an offer or a rejection.
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/593242/response/1410286/attach/2/Annex%20A.xlsx?cookie_passthrough=1

Hey where did you find this, I was wondering to find something similar to this for other universities and for gateway courses
Original post by z2002
Hey where did you find this, I was wondering to find something similar to this for other universities and for gateway courses

http://whatdotheyknow.com/
Original post by z2002

It’s a website called ‘what do they know’ (FOI). By the way, I posted this to the wrong thread- it’s for undergrad medicine
It’s a website called ‘what do they know’ (FOI). By the way, I posted this to the wrong thread- it’s for undergrad medicine

Isnt EDMP an undergraduate coourse?
Original post by THEallstar2111
Isnt EDMP an undergraduate coourse?

Yes it is- sorry! I was referring to the 5 year (a100) course
Yes it is- sorry! I was referring to the 5 year (a100) course

Yh thats what i was thinking aswell lol, its alright :smile:
Hey guys,
to be eligible for this course did you have to do your GCSE's at a non selective state school in Greater London?

I didn't know this but it said on a pdf, I thought u just had to go to a non selective state school and have a ACORN 4/5 postcode. Am I right?
That data sheet someone posted made me feel so much better because if normal people can get into A100 With avg ucat then i think i will be moderately okay with the EMDP! 😭🥺🥺
Hi does having 3A* predicted grades reduce your chance of getting in?
Original post by bubblegumflavour
Hi does having 3A* predicted grades reduce your chance of getting in?

depends if you meet their widening criteria .. the most you meet the more you likely to get an interview ...
at interview everyone ll be considered equally regardless how many A* they have
yh I meet their widening criteria

okay thnx

Original post by Mohammad Eisa
depends if you meet their widening criteria .. the most you meet the more you likely to get an interview ...
at interview everyone ll be considered equally regardless how many A* they have
Original post by aalixyh
That data sheet someone posted made me feel so much better because if normal people can get into A100 With avg ucat then i think i will be moderately okay with the EMDP! 😭🥺🥺

yhh, what was your score?
Original post by THEallstar2111
yhh, what was your score?

645 b2 😫
Hey, I've applied too but I've been told that despite me meeting the widening participation criteria, I might be put at a disadvantage due to my high predicted grades. Do you think this is the case?

My current stats:
Predictions: A*A*A*
GCSE's: 9,9,9,9,8,8,7,7,7,7
UCAT: 645
SJT: Band 1
Original post by Govvyghost
Hey, I've applied too but I've been told that despite me meeting the widening participation criteria, I might be put at a disadvantage due to my high predicted grades. Do you think this is the case?

My current stats:

YES! The whole point of this course is that it's for people that did bad at gcse's and A-levels. Your stats seem perfectly fine for a normal 5 year course and they'll question you on why you applied to the 6/7 year course....
Original post by Govvyghost

My current stats:

if you look at the data from 2017/18 year people with similar grades to yours didn't get it. I think this is because you could apply for the A100 courses. Why don't you apply for the A100 Course it seems as though your grades are fine for it.
Original post by auha54321
YES! The whole point of this course is that it's for people that did bad at gcse's and A-levels. Your stats seem perfectly fine for a normal 5 year course and they'll question you on why you applied to the 6/7 year course....

I’m a bit confused about where you got this information from? I went on the Sutton trust summer school at Kings and met the director of the EMDP. She said that even if we’re predicted above the entry requirements we’re still looked at equally. I’m starting to stress out about this now so could you clear this up lol? Thank you. :smile:
Original post by Ellieann19
I’m a bit confused about where you got this information from? I went on the Sutton trust summer school at Kings and met the director of the EMDP. She said that even if we’re predicted above the entry requirements we’re still looked at equally. I’m starting to stress out about this now so could you clear this up lol? Thank you. :smile:

hey there, i started stressing out too when i saw this. it doesnt put you at a disadvantage, the data is not even out for 2019/2020 so he cant simply judge from that. the truth is that emdp looks at you holistically and no predicted grades doesnt put you at a disadvantage, it simply says on the website consider applying to a100 if you exceed entry requirements as both courses are competitive. i have done k+ too so i dont they could reject us for being too good you know what i mean?

ALSO wth the point of this cours eisnt bad for people that did bad on GCSES, its for people that have gone to a state school. They arent expecting students with D's or c's with predicted to get in. Im just saying. also theres no point applying to standard cours ebecause i know my ucat would be too low. you guys need to stop assuming from the data because they assess applicants on a number of facts. the data is also 2 years old. I also met the people in charge of EMDP and they do look at you equally, its a fact. also dont let random people off TSR make you stressed out.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by aalixyh
hey there, i started stressing out too when i saw this. it doesnt put you at a disadvantage, the data is not even out for 2019/2020 so he cant simply judge from that. the truth is that emdp looks at you holistically and no predicted grades doesnt put you at a disadvantage, it simply says on the website consider applying to a100 if you exceed entry requirements as both courses are competitive. i have done k+ too so i dont they could reject us for being too good you know what i mean?

ALSO wth the point of this cours eisnt bad for people that did bad on GCSES, its for people that have gone to a state school. They arent expecting students with D's or c's with predicted to get in. Im just saying. also theres no point applying to standard cours ebecause i know my ucat would be too low. you guys need to stop assuming from the data because they assess applicants on a number of facts. the data is also 2 years old. I also met the people in charge of EMDP and they do look at you equally, its a fact. also dont let random people off TSR make you stressed out.

Thank you so much for this, you’ve really put my mind at rest! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending