The Student Room Group

um this is actually urgent please give me advice

Please read all I’m begging u
This guy that I really liked and me were super good friends about nearly two years ago and we always spoke on snapchat and he liked me a lot. Something happened and it’s long to explain but I deleted him off Snapchat but we never argued. A year ago, he moved into my school and we looked at eachother and never spoke because he probably thought I hated him or something because Of how I randomly deleted him. He has a girlfriend and they’ve been dating for six months and it’s been nearly two years since we spoke but I always thought about him so I bit my tongue and added him on Snapchat again. He added back two hours later and he tried to talk to me at school a bit but not properly just comments to my friends while I was standing there so sort of involving me so a little bit awkward. I’m not sure if I should now just carry on normally with my life and if he wants, he can make effort with me or if I should randomly go up to him and start a conversation and ask him how he’s doing. I want to talk to to him but I feel like it looks weird if it’s been nearly two years I’ve said nothing and now all of a sudden I want to be friends. He also has a girlfriend like I said. Btw the reason I deleted him was because he had a massive argument with my best friend who I don’t like anymore
Original post by Anonymous
I want to talk to to him

You've answered your own question. Go and speak to him. Life's too short to be petty.
Reply 2
Original post by RazzzBerries
You've answered your own question. Go and speak to him. Life's too short to be petty.

If you were him would you find me weird? I’ve ignored him round school for a whole year cuz I randomly deleted him and now he has a girl and I’m trying to start talking to him??:/ it looks random and weird does it nottt???
If you were him would you find me weird? I’ve ignored him round school for a whole year cuz I randomly deleted him and now he has a girl and I’m trying to start talking to him??:/ it looks random and weird does it nottt???

Why is talking weird? You're not hooking up with him. Having a chat is perfectly fine. If you want to, throw in an apology about the whole thing.
This guy that I really liked and me were super good friends about nearly two years ago and we always spoke on snapchat and he liked me a lot. Something happened and it’s long to explain but I deleted him off Snapchat but we never argued. A year ago, he moved into my school and we looked at eachother and never spoke because he probably thought I hated him or something because Of how I randomly deleted him. He has a girlfriend and they’ve been dating for six months and it’s been nearly two years since we spoke but I always thought about him so I bit my tongue and added him on Snapchat again. He added back two hours later and he tried to talk to me at school a bit but not properly just comments to my friends while I was standing there so sort of involving me so a little bit awkward. I’m not sure if I should now just carry on normally with my life and if he wants, he can make effort with me or if I should randomly go up to him and start a conversation and ask him how he’s doing. I want to talk to to him but I feel like it looks weird if it’s been nearly two years I’ve said nothing and now all of a sudden I want to be friends. He also has a girlfriend like I said. Btw the reason I deleted him was because he had a massive argument with my best friend who I don’t like anymore

Heya,
I’d just talk to him. Explain to him why you deleted him off of snapchat and say if you want to be friends again. There’s no point in holding grudges and if you can resolve any tension it’s definitely worth it! I’d just make it clear if you don’t want a romantic connection as he has a girlfriend and I think it would all be good! Hope everything goes well for you!

it's talking, not sucking him off.
Reply 6
Original post by Retired_Messiah
it's talking, not sucking him off.

Oh god sorry I’m just shy sooo yeah. Shall I pop up on snap or in real life???
Reply 7
Original post by Chloemilton15
Heya,
I’d just talk to him. Explain to him why you deleted him off of snapchat and say if you want to be friends again. There’s no point in holding grudges and if you can resolve any tension it’s definitely worth it! I’d just make it clear if you don’t want a romantic connection as he has a girlfriend and I think it would all be good! Hope everything goes well for you!

Thank u shall I snap him or in real life?
Thank u shall I snap him or in real life?

No worries! Either is fine but personally I prefer talking face to face. It just depends on what you’re comfortable with :smile:
Oh god sorry I’m just shy sooo yeah. Shall I pop up on snap or in real life???

Either. It's not gonna matter.

Just talk to him , explain and apologise.
Deep[ends on him. He has a gf .
Two years can be a long time for a teenager so he may not see you the same anymore. The way you did it was not impressive and people can remember that.
Just talk. You can use the fact that you saw in your ex-friend what he did, only later. That way you have got a legitimate reason to catch up. The girl friend?, mmmm moving in on him is a matter for you to decide. I say F girl code.
Original post by 999tigger
Just talk to him , explain and apologise.
Deep[ends on him. He has a gf .
Two years can be a long time for a teenager so he may not see you the same anymore. The way you did it was not impressive and people can remember that.

I know it’s a long time for some people and he might have nearly forgotten me seeing as he used to speak to loads of girls and considered a fboy but after I added him, he made effort twice to try and talk to me
Original post by Welshvisitor
Just talk. You can use the fact that you saw in your ex-friend what he did, only later. That way you have got a legitimate reason to catch up. The girl friend?, mmmm moving in on him is a matter for you to decide. I say F girl code.

also when I was talking to his friend he came over and started talking to her right in my face and I think that was a way he tried to talk to me because he hardly ever randomly talks to her and this is the day after I added him so maybe he tried to start convo by talking to her first then me. And I was walking past him with chips and he was like “is that chips I smell” when he was with his friends really confidently cuz he’s loud and I was like “yeah want some” and he took one and said thanksss and that’s the last time I saw him. I feel like I should go up to him the next time I see him cuz I might regret it if I dont
also when I was talking to his friend he came over and started talking to her right in my face and I think that was a way he tried to talk to me because he hardly ever randomly talks to her and this is the day after I added him so maybe he tried to start convo by talking to her first then me. And I was walking past him with chips and he was like “is that chips I smell” when he was with his friends really confidently cuz he’s loud and I was like “yeah want some” and he took one and said thanksss and that’s the last time I saw him. I feel like I should go up to him the next time I see him cuz I might regret it if I dont

Well that broke the ice. Sure, speak to him.
I know it’s a long time for some people and he might have nearly forgotten me seeing as he used to speak to loads of girls and considered a fboy but after I added him, he made effort twice to try and talk to me

Nope ofc he remembers you but he will also remember the way you treated him imo. Friends dont do that. The gf might not like you speaking to him either.
Original post by 999tigger
Nope ofc he remembers you but he will also remember the way you treated him imo. Friends dont do that. The gf might not like you speaking to him either.

I think this is more reason for me to speak and apologies
I think this is more reason for me to speak and apologies

Update on this situation?

You should talk to him! Do you even know the reason of why he argued with your friend? And you yourself said you don't like your friend anymore! So, why don't you go to him and tell him that you are sorry for deleting his contact and that you realized that he was right. If he accepts you as a friend again then that's great! After, you have accomplished that, try to see how he reacts when he sees you and when he sees his girlfriend. If he looks at his girlfriend in a more loving way then it might be the wrong time to confess BUT if he cares about you more then propose to him saying that you always liked him but you got angry for a second and now you regret it. If he accepts you then YAY! If not then just wait for him if he still doesn't come to you then try to find someone else but don't get too attached to them because you never know that your crush might get jealous and finally realize his feelings for you! Good Luck!! But don't yout think his girlfriend will feel bad?if she's like really mean then don't care about her but if she's really nice then you might feel a bit guilty.

Latest

Trending

Trending