The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Computer Science/Royal Holloway

I was thinking of applying to Computer Science at Royal Holloway with AAB (CHEM,PHYS,BIO) (in order) and with a 6 in Math for GCSE. Do you think I would be offered a place and if I get in, would I be able to handle the course.
Original post by Marcuston
I was thinking of applying to Computer Science at Royal Holloway with AAB (CHEM,PHYS,BIO) (in order) and with a 6 in Math for GCSE. Do you think I would be offered a place and if I get in, would I be able to handle the course.

A level maths is the important thing if not a requirement, even more than physics.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Iahmed512
A level maths is the important thing if not a requirement, even more than physics.

I did check their requirements and they said Physics could be a substitute.
I did check their requirements and they said Physics could be a substitute.

You should be fine then, so why you asking. Whether you'd be able to handle it is compeltely to do with you not anything we can know.
If you get the grades you'll most likely be fine, as long as you like the subject and will be willing to put a lot of work in, which you will need to.
Not sure about drop out rates but it'll probably be low, hey have an open day next Saturday you should consider going
(edited 4 years ago)

You do need Mathematics I think for the course but call them up and ask. If you got AAB then you are certainly capable of doing the course. First year especially is pretty easy as the Computer Science course starts from the very basics in first year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending