The Student Room Group

How to get closer to a girl in my class?

There's this girl in my class that I've had a massive crush on for a while and I want to become friends with her but it's like she puts up a barrier between her and people, even her own friends.

Whenever she does something nice for me, I'll feel kinda special until she'll do it for another person and I lose hope. Sometimes I'll get the courage to talk to her and even though she'll look uncomfortable she'll still hold onto the conversation.

I want to at least be her friend and look after her, especially since she looks tired most of the time. I'm even trying to self teach a level maths
just in case she needs help.

Any advice please?

Scroll to see replies

Just tell her about your true intention, and stop thinking about "What if..." JUST DO IT!!! Ask her!
Reply 2
Original post by TimmArtins
Just tell her about your true intention, and stop thinking about "What if..." JUST DO IT!!! Ask her!

It's so much easier said than done. As cringey as this sounds my heart won't be able to handle it. I'm so nervous around her
Sell your possessions and pay off everyone else to go and sit in on another class or pay the person who sits next to her to be ill or swap seats. That way you can get close and have her all to yourself.
I'm in a similar situation, not exactly like yours but I'm also falling for someone that I've only spoken to briefly. In your situation though, the best way to find her attention is to appear with other girls and talk to other girls. Whenever they see you with another girl they become suspicious and they want to know more about who you're with. When you speak to her, treat her like a friend and make sure that she tells you more than you tell her.
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
Sell your possessions and pay off everyone else to go and sit in on another class or pay the person who sits next to her to be ill or swap seats. That way you can get close and have her all to yourself.

I've tried something similar where I sat in the seat next to hers where she normally sits but I got a blank stare and she went to sit in the seat in front of me. Which in turn broke me inside in many ways.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I'm in a similar situation, not exactly like yours but I'm also falling for someone that I've only spoken to briefly. In your situation though, the best way to find her attention is to appear with other girls and talk to other girls. Whenever they see you with another girl they become suspicious and they want to know more about who you're with. When you speak to her, treat her like a friend and make sure that she tells you more than you tell her.

I talked to the girl who sits next to her but she didn't care one bit, she glanced at me as she walked past to talk to her other friends.

Whenever I did get the chance to talk to her, she would somehow get me to talk more about myself than herself. Even when I was eavesdropping on her conversation with her friends (sounds creepy I know), even they say she's secretive.

I'm losing hope.
I've tried something similar where I sat in the seat next to hers where she normally sits but I got a blank stare and she went to sit in the seat in front of me. Which in turn broke me inside in many ways.

Does she do any activities like drama?
It might be that you have to talk to her.
Reply 8
Does she do any activities like drama?
It might be that you have to talk to her.

I know she likes Badminton and drawing? But that's all I know.
It's so much easier said than done. As cringey as this sounds my heart won't be able to handle it. I'm so nervous around her

Find a way to build up confidence, I know what its like but it feels great when you finally the confidence to talk to your crush, even better when they are accepting!
Original post by Greywolftwo
Find a way to build up confidence, I know what its like but it feels great when you finally the confidence to talk to your crush, even better when they are accepting!

How can I build up confidence please?
I know she likes Badminton and drawing? But that's all I know.

Bit of a stretch but ask if she wants to play badminton with you? Even if you are not so good do it just to spend time with her and get to know here better
How can I build up confidence please?

It comes in time... every dog has his day.
Bit of a stretch but ask if she wants to play badminton with you? Even if you are not so good do it just to spend time with her and get to know here better

That's a big leap I suppose, I'll see what I can do. Thanks!
That's a big leap I suppose, I'll see what I can do. Thanks!

Alternatively do some drawing
Alternatively do some drawing

How would I approach her about drawing? I don't want to draw something and ask her to look at it, I feel like that would come off of desperate
Think about your intentions she might have problems at home or be anxious to face you maybe she feels the same but she’s an introvert it may not be easy for her try small steps and get her to trust you.find out stuff she’s interested in and talk to her about that,otherwise give her a break and she might come to you herself
look, just be friendly. I have a crush on someone and and have been sitting next to them (just by chance but we now always sit in the same seats) for four or five weeks now, and they said absolutely nothing to me. I made opportunities for them to open conversation and they didn't, and I was too nervous to. I thought they really didn't like me cos the one time I did speak to them they were super cold and unfriendly. But just this week we have begun talking about our answers to questions in class that we've done etc, and every lesson we talk a bit more, and it's kinda natural. I have no idea if they even like me, but I would happily just be their friend, before doing anything else. Unless she's horrible the 'looking uncomfortable' is just nerves on her part, she might have a crush on you to and is super shy. just try and be friendly and hope she reciprocates and slowly try and get to know her.
Reply 18
Sit next to her, that’s how you “get closer”.

wtf - cant tell if srs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending