The Student Room Group

ILR

I have made an application and forwarded all the supporting documents requested; passport, BRP, children's birth certificates, home office letters (showing I'm permitted to access public funds), etc.
My ILR came on 9th September, before the start of my course (16th September); what seems to be the hold up in my application?
Original post by Thelott
I have made an application and forwarded all the supporting documents requested; passport, BRP, children's birth certificates, home office letters (showing I'm permitted to access public funds), etc.
My ILR came on 9th September, before the start of my course (16th September); what seems to be the hold up in my application?

Hi there,

As your indefinite leave to remain was granted after the start of the academic year which is the 1st September 2019. You aren't eligible for funding under those rules. What status did you hold in the UK before this was granted? Also how many years have you lived here?

Thanks, Erin
Reply 2
Thank you Erin,

As I stated and confirmed via telephone conversation with one of your colleagues; the actual course commenced after my BRP arrival, with my Indefinite clearly indicating that I'm allowed to work, study and be funded.
I arrived in the UK on a spousal settlement visa 5yrs 6 months ago and thereafter was eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain which was granted.
How then am I not eligible for funding?
I have sent all these documents to you.

Regards,
Original post by Thelott
Thank you Erin,

As I stated and confirmed via telephone conversation with one of your colleagues; the actual course commenced after my BRP arrival, with my Indefinite clearly indicating that I'm allowed to work, study and be funded.
I arrived in the UK on a spousal settlement visa 5yrs 6 months ago and thereafter was eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain which was granted.
How then am I not eligible for funding?
I have sent all these documents to you.

Regards,

You need to have been granted ILR before the start of the academic year and not the start of your course. Based on the above information you are not eligible to for funding for a September intake. You will be eligible for funding for courses that start from January 2020.

Thanks, Erin
Reply 4
Thanks Erin,

So would this be a decision I could appeal considering I've missed the academic 1st of September start date by 8 days? Sounds quite draconian.

Also, should I be in a position to pay for my 1st year (needless to say it would be through borrowed funds) would I thereafter be funded by SFE for years 2 and 3?

Regards,
Original post by Thelott
Thanks Erin,

So would this be a decision I could appeal considering I've missed the academic 1st of September start date by 8 days? Sounds quite draconian.

Also, should I be in a position to pay for my 1st year (needless to say it would be through borrowed funds) would I thereafter be funded by SFE for years 2 and 3?

Regards,

Unfortunately not you need to meet our residency requirements before the start of your first academic year.

If you wish to appeal the decision you can email them at [email protected].

Thanks, Erin
Reply 6
Thanks Erin,
I'll take it up with appeals.

Kind regards,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending