In year 11 what is the minimum amount that should be done for revision ?? Watch

Smoky saif
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
What is the minimum amount of revision that should be done daily in year 11 in order to achieve high grades?
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
to achieve good grades? - this is the wrong question imo (just saying)
crusty kebab
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
2 hours maximum a day ( 3 subjects a day) of solid revision. If you do too much revision, you won't be getting as much out of it.
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Depends what you're after, if you want all A*'s then have fun revising all day every day for the next 8 months.
username4881054
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by The Mogg)
Depends what you're after, if you want all A*'s then have fun revising all day every day for the next 8 months.
Yeah i totally agree
ellwoodj
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Smoky saif)
What is the minimum amount of revision that should be done daily in year 11 in order to achieve high grades?
Depends on your performances in past exam papers, lessons etc. Revision for me was past exams and other question based content rather than just reading revision books, etc. Making decent notes (not pretty ones). I'm guessing you're going in/just gone into Year 11, if so fit revision around what you do outside, you'll know when you've done too little is when you go to yourself "I definitely done enough today I deserve a break" every 5 minutes, and you'll know if you've done too much in one day if you are worrying yourself sick whether you have done enough revision or not, or you have spent your whole day revising. Pace yourself, don't focus on trying to organise and make a specific revision schedule as this wastes time and you will not follow it (Trust me I tried it). Best thing to do is think about the subjects you do, focus on Maths and English as you do not want to have to resit those, put subjects that you do but aren't massively important (like the extra GCSE ones) as the smallest job but don't overlook them (I did with PE and I got a low pass grade, as I thought I could just cruise the exam as it was easy and I didn't need the subject anyway). More work usually equals reward, but too much/little definitely doesn't.

Nothing is a giving but you'll know yourself when you come to revise if you have done enough for a day, do not revise everyday either, each day is different, think of the bigger picture, a few months of revising against your summer break and hopefully a successful career/life is a pretty sweet deal to me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (409)
67.6%
No (196)
32.4%

Watched Threads