The Student Room Group

How likely am I to get offers?

Got AAB (1 Mark off an A in Politics). Applying for International Relations and I’m being predicted an A* for my politics retake. I’m not entirely sure whereabouts yet but I’m thinking KCL (A*AA) Edinburgh (A*AA to ABB) Durham (AAA) Leeds (AAB) Manchester (AAB)
are these AS grades? if so you're a competitive applicant for all five choices and you'll almost certainly get offers from leeds and manchester

if they're A level grades, less so but you can probably still get 3/4 offers minimum
Reply 2
Original post by HoldThisL
are these AS grades? if so you're a competitive applicant for all five choices and you'll almost certainly get offers from leeds and manchester

if they're A level grades, less so but you can probably still get 3/4 offers minimum

A - Level , but like i say I’m retaking politics and I’m predicted an A*. My trouble is I’m not sure whether competitive unis such as KCL, Edin, Durham will see me as an A*AA applicant on paper or an AAB applicant if that makes sense!!
Original post by Losenzon99
A - Level , but like i say I’m retaking politics and I’m predicted an A*. My trouble is I’m not sure whether competitive unis such as KCL, Edin, Durham will see me as an A*AA applicant on paper or an AAB applicant if that makes sense!!

yeah i understand and having a retake A/A* probably doesn't count for the same as another applicant but you'll definitely get offers and there's no harm in trying
Reply 4
Original post by HoldThisL
yeah i understand and having a retake A/A* probably doesn't count for the same as another applicant but you'll definitely get offers and there's no harm in trying

Thanks for your response its so helpful, tbh I’m really nervous because Durham, Edin, KCL are the unis I’m really interested in and I don’t feel confident that I’ll get offers from them as they’re so competitive anyway!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending