The Student Room Group

Muslimah

I'm a Muslim. Ask me anything you would like to know about Islam.
The reason I ask is because a lot of people have many misconceptions about it and I would like to clear them.
Speak of homophobia oh wise one and the terrible treatment LGBT Muslims endure from their community.
Original post by _i.xxy
The reason I ask is because a lot of people have many misconceptions about it and I would like to clear them.

Is the Quran right to call non-Muslims "the worst of all beasts"?
Original post by _i.xxy

Is the Quran right to support slavery?
Original post by _i.xxy

Why isn't the Quran clear enough for non-Muslim "scholars" to interpret?
Why was it delivered only in Arabic?
Original post by _i.xxy

Why is a woman's word worth less than a man's, in Islam?
Original post by Welshvisitor
Speak of homophobia oh wise one and the terrible treatment LGBT Muslims endure from their community.

In 'muslim' countries, there are no same-sex marriage, and sex outside marriage is also 'haram' so adding the cultural bit, the person is not welcomed by their own family and by society and they might get convicted.

In a 'western' country, where they have their rights, a Muslim will abide by the law. The Muslim will disagree with the homosexual person but he won't 'hate' them. Kinda like drinking alcohol, a Muslim disagrees with alcohol consumption, but won't hate or try to harm an alcohol consumer in any way.

Original post by RogerOxon
Why is a woman's word worth less than a man's, in Islam?

I just copied your question onto google.

According to Wikipedia:

He argues that Islam makes no claim that a woman's testimony is half in any case.[9] He interprets the Qur'an verse as only a recommendation and argues that it will be for the court judge to decide what kind and whose evidence will be enough to prove a case.

Right now, there are calls that men and women should get the same share in inheritance and some Muslim countries like Tunisia changed their laws from the same argument that the Quran verse is a recommendation and not an order.

Why the recommendation you ask?

See the woman's situation worldwide in the old times.

Why isn't the Quran clear enough for non-Muslim "scholars" to interpret?
Why was it delivered only in Arabic?

So are you really saying, the Quran is not clear enough for non Muslims but Muslim "scholars" are the only people who can interpret it?
If this is your point, then no, anyone can understand it. For interpretation, anyone who learns Arabic (which is a compulsory subject in Arabic countries) can interpret the Quran.

Arabic, because that is the language that God chose and it is the best language to deliver the Quran in, period.

Is the Quran right to support slavery?

It doesn't. Find me a verse encouraging taking slave. You won't find one. Quran encourages freeing slaves.

Why is it not 'haram'? A simple google search will give a satisfactory response.

Is the Quran right to call non-Muslims "the worst of all beasts"?

God can call disbelievers whatever he likes. He created them, gave them the choice to believe, but they rejected.

But that doesn't give a Muslim the right to insult a disbeliever or call him a beast.

Conclusion:
You are not the first to ask these questions.
These questions have been discussed in past threads here on TSR and repeating won't change anything.
I suggest that you search your question and read the other opinion (in this case opinions with Islam).
I am not interested in follow ups.

Good luck and No hard feelings :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by CuriosityYay
Arabic, because that is the language that God chose and it is the best language to deliver the Quran in, period.

Why not all languages, or was that too much for him?

A simple google search will give a satisfactory response.

Satisfactory for those without critical reasoning, perhaps.

God can call disbelievers whatever he likes. He created them, gave them the choice to believe, but they rejected.

Wrong again. Can he not see the future? Didn't he, therefore, create people that he knew would not believe?

You don't have any answers, just the same, tired, excuses.
Why not all languages, or was that too much for him?

That is not a very good question.
Satisfactory for those without critical reasoning, perhaps.

If you (the person with critical reasoning) searched and did not a find a satisfactory answer, then you can make a point.
Wrong again. Can he not see the future? Didn't he, therefore, create people that he knew would not believe?

God created us.
All of us have a choice whether to believe or not to believe.
God knows what the end result will be (knows who will believe and who will not).
But at the same time "God knows the end result" is not equal to "God controlled some people and made them believers and made others disbelievers".
So at The Day of Judgement God will award the believers and punish the disbelievers.

You might want to reread line 2, 3 and 4.
You don't have any answers, just the same, tired, excuses.

You are welcome.

But that doesn't give a Muslim the right to insult a disbeliever or call him a beast.

Conclusion:
You are not the first to ask these questions.
These questions have been discussed in past threads here on TSR and repeating won't change anything.
I suggest that you search your question and read the other opinion (in this case opinions with Islam).

Good luck and No hard feelings :smile:

Less of the ‘homo’ mate. That’s rude as hell.
Original post by Welshvisitor
Less of the ‘homo’ mate. That’s rude as hell.

Sorry, should've used another term.
That is not a very good question.

That's a rubbish answer .. you don't appear ot have one. Odd that.

If you (the person with critical reasoning) searched and did not a find a satisfactory answer, then you can make a point.

And I did make a point - there isn't a satisfactory answer.

God created us.

I don't believe you - prove it.

All of us have a choice whether to believe or not to believe.
God knows what the end result will be (knows who will believe and who will not).
But at the same time "God knows the end result" is not equal to "God controlled some people and made them believers and made others disbelievers".
So at The Day of Judgement God will award the believers and punish the disbelievers.

Religious illogic. If our choices are known in advance, the only "free will" is whether we're created or not.

You might want to reread line 2, 3 and 4.

You might want to try to understand again.
That's a rubbish answer .. you don't appear ot have one. Odd that.

What is 'all languages'?

So you wanted God to release a version of the Quran in each language? What about languages that were not present in the past?
What about languages that lack certain grammatical structures?

Again, God chose Arabic because it is the best language to deliver the Quran in, and translations to other languages won't give the exact intended meaning.

And I did make a point - there isn't a satisfactory answer.

Here is a tutorial
First result:
http://www.dar-alifta.org/Foreign/ViewFatwa.aspx?ID=6830

Here are the first two paragraphs:

Spoiler

Is this not a satisfactory answer?

I don't believe you - prove it.

It can't be proved by means of 'man-made' science.

It can only be felt. You make Duaa asking God for guidance or to help you in a problem, then the problem is solved or God guides you to the right way, then you become sure of God's presence with you, or it might not be solved so you accept God's will and after a long time you realise that, because of this bad happened, this huge good was received.
Most importantly, there should be a belief in the first place (or at least a neutral point of view), because you can simply say: the problem was solved not because of God, or that is life, the problem might get solved if I am lucky or it won't get solved if I am unlucky.

Similar, to the concept of soul, or the concept of The Day of Judgement. You will only know there is God when you die (I hear you saying: when I am dead, I am dead, no afterlife)

Religious illogic. If our choices are known in advance, the only "free will" is whether we're created or not.

I think you messed up the last sentence. We don't have free will to choose whether we are created or not.

That is from God's power! He knows who will believe and who will not before our creation, but at the same time we are not controlled in any way to make God's choices happen. It is all our free will.

For example: You have full control of yourself and may at one point, choose to believe in God's existence, but let's say God knows you will end up a disbeliever (remember, this is an example) then you will use your free will to become a disbeliever, without any intervention or anything 'pre-built' from God.

You might call it illogical if we are talking about some guy creating computer AIs and guessing their end results, but this is God the creator. He knows the end results without manipulating you or me.

You might want to try to understand again.

Still at it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending