The Student Room Group

PGDE - Scotland 2020 Applicants Thread!

Scroll to see replies

I've applied PGDE through UCAS and just found I fill "passed" in Undergraduate Education Qualification Grade in UCAS. Because I finished my study in China and I don't know what should I write about Undergraduate Grade. Does anyone know if it is okay for application? I'm so scared! thank you sooooo much!
I have also applied for pdge primary 2020! Applied to dundee, Aberdeen and Perth. Really hope I get in. Got an honours 2:2 in business and also my English and maths highers. Got a few days volunteering in a school but I need to work so I am struggling to get any more days in. Has anyone that has already applied heard back yet for interviews or anything? I am so impatient haha.
Reply 22
I sent my ucas for primary teaching a few weeks ago as I was told the sooner you get it in the better. Sometimes they hold interviews in nov/dec time. Has anyone that's applied heard anything back?
Reply 23
Original post by TinaMillar
I have also applied for pdge primary 2020! Applied to dundee, Aberdeen and Perth. Really hope I get in. Got an honours 2:2 in business and also my English and maths highers. Got a few days volunteering in a school but I need to work so I am struggling to get any more days in. Has anyone that has already applied heard back yet for interviews or anything? I am so impatient haha.

I'm so impatient too lol. No I've not heard anything. I applied for glasgow, Strathclyde and uws.
Reply 24
I've applied for the PGDE in primary at Perth. Extremely nervous if im honest.
Reply 25
I applied the day it opened and I haven’t heard anything yet, I’m still waiting on Glasgow and Strathclyde confirming that they have received my application, I’m so impatient and I’m like okay it’s October now can you tell me now???
Original post by Cattr39
I applied the day it opened and I haven’t heard anything yet, I’m still waiting on Glasgow and Strathclyde confirming that they have received my application, I’m so impatient and I’m like okay it’s October now can you tell me now???

I’m exactly the same! I went to an open day at Strathclyde last year and the guy in charge of my course, secondary RMPS, said they usually do interviews before Christmas so that would suggest I should be hearing back any day now, right? What subject or is it primary you’re going for? :smile:
Yeah I heard they do interviews in December! What has everyone done volunteering wise?
Hi I’ve applied for PGDE for P.E which I know is extremely competitive and difficult to get into. I have applied to Strathclyde, UWS and Edinburgh although logistically Strathclyde would be the best option and would be my preference either way. I will be juggling study with parenting two kids - but managed to do that with a full time job and Open University last academic year.Like everyone here, I am really keen to hear back as soon as possible.Good luck everyone 👍
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 29
Hello! I've applied to the PGDE Primary at Edinburgh, Glasgow, Strathclyde, Dundee and UWS. I've been invited to an interview at UWS in Jan, has anyone else got one? I've only heard from Dundee and Edinburgh confirming they've received my application.

Good luck to everyone applying this year!
Reply 30
Original post by Chogg0
Hello! I've applied to the PGDE Primary at Edinburgh, Glasgow, Strathclyde, Dundee and UWS. I've been invited to an interview at UWS in Jan, has anyone else got one? I've only heard from Dundee and Edinburgh confirming they've received my application.

Good luck to everyone applying this year!

Aw man you’ve got an interview?? When did you apply and when did you hear about interview??? I’ve applied to uws, Strathclyde, Glasgow and Highlands and Islands as my last resort plan z. Applied for primary :smile:
Reply 31
Yeah I heard they do interviews in December! What has everyone done volunteering wise?

I managed to get a full days toil, I work in a high school so I struggle to get time off to get into primary schools, and I managed to work a full day in a primary school last year. I volunteer at a local youth group for primary aged kids
Reply 32
Original post by kirstyjmunro
I’m exactly the same! I went to an open day at Strathclyde last year and the guy in charge of my course, secondary RMPS, said they usually do interviews before Christmas so that would suggest I should be hearing back any day now, right? What subject or is it primary you’re going for? :smile:

That’s what I thought, I haven’t even received confirmation from the two Glasgow unis that they have my application but when I emailed they said they wouldn’t get back to me until October soooooo I’m now watching my emails like a hawk! I’ve applied for primary and I didn’t get anything last year so I’m hoping this year
Reply 33
Original post by Cattr39
Aw man you’ve got an interview?? When did you apply and when did you hear about interview??? I’ve applied to uws, Strathclyde, Glasgow and Highlands and Islands as my last resort plan z. Applied for primary :smile:

Hi! I applied on the 14th of October and they got back to me on the 16th so really fast! I checked their website and they have set dates for when they do interviews. It on says on their website:

" Interviews will be held on the following days: 15 January, 26 February, 4 March, 18 March, and 25 March 2020"

They say you can only reschedule up to 2 times. Not sure what the format is like, I'll need to do a bit more digging. Hope that helps!
Reply 34
Hi guys!

I'm applying for the PGDE Secondary and plan on sending my application around December. Still need to complete my alternative maths qualification which should hopefully be completed soon. Hoping to finish this before I send my application as I've heard uni's tend to reject applicants who don't already possess their English/mathematics qualification when submitting due to how competitive the courses are.

I'm a little apprehensive about waiting until December to submit as a lot of people tend to submit September/October time.

Currently in my honours year and also attend a school one day a week.

How are we all feeling about gaining entry in 2020? :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by Chogg0
Hi! I applied on the 14th of October and they got back to me on the 16th so really fast! I checked their website and they have set dates for when they do interviews. It on says on their website:

" Interviews will be held on the following days: 15 January, 26 February, 4 March, 18 March, and 25 March 2020"

They say you can only reschedule up to 2 times. Not sure what the format is like, I'll need to do a bit more digging. Hope that helps!

Whaaaaat?!! Argh I’m emailing them today
Reply 36
Original post by Cattr39
Whaaaaat?!! Argh I’m emailing them today

Let me know how you get on! They've got an open day this Saturday, maybe worth going and asking them there? I'm not sure how they go through their applications whether they filter by qualifications and then look at your personal statement or if it's just random. Hope you hear back soon :smile:
Hi all, I'm hoping to apply to PGDE primary but it wasn't going to apply til November/December in order to get some more experience behind me. Bit worried that I'm shooting myself in the foot by leaving it so late though! Does anyone know if its still OK to apply so late? Cheers!

I was part of Stirling Uni's secondary education course and after successfully completing both primary and secondary placements, I realised I wanted to teach primary. So I applied this year to UWS, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Strathclyde and Dundee for primary education. I have experience from ASN's Schools, I worked full time for four months before the summer, three university placements and I am also working as a SfLA two days a week while completing my fourth year at Stirling. So I really hope I've got enough experience to get in this year.
Does anyone get any information from Edinburgh?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending