The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's a little early, but you do you!

Glad I'm not the only insane one. I've Christmas baubles coming tomorrow. They're bats. 🦇
Original post by 8472
It arrived in the post today :confused:

Oh, you crazy!
Reply 3
Original post by sinfonietta

Glad I'm not the only insane one. I've Christmas baubles coming tomorrow. They're bats. 🦇

My mum bought some new decorations on Saturday! :gah:
Original post by sinfonietta

You're bats if you unpack those baubles before December 1st
Original post by 8472

Yes

and then burn it and buy a new one closer to Christmas :yes:
Original post by 8472

December 1st is Christmas Decorations day! That's the day where the mince pies can come out, you get your tree and listen to Mariah Carey on repeat whilst decorating. Loudly.

Anything beforehand... :colonhash:

Though @BlinkyBill may not agree...!
Original post by 8472

Absolutely not! Where are the halloween decorations then going to go? They can never be mixed up.....:erm:
1st December. I will accept 27th November as an earliest point, since it's 4 weeks before Christmas
The traditional date for putting up a tree and decorating is 24 December. Anyone who does it before then is doomed to be mocked, suffer a plague of earwigs and spiders and to fail their exams.
Why did you ever take last year’s down. you’re a proper disgrace!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 11
jesucristo
Original post by StrawberryDreams
December 1st is Christmas Decorations day! That's the day where the mince pies can come out, you get your tree and listen to Mariah Carey on repeat whilst decorating. Loudly.

Nope disagree. Christmas is the only thing that excuses the fact that Christmas is freezing, cold and long. I say Christmas until your heart's content!

Given you've not said where you're going to put it up, I say yes.

Assuming your location is the bin.
Reply 14
Usually 24th December and down by the 26th.
Reply 15
Original post by Blue_Cow
Yes

and then burn it and buy a new one closer to Christmas :yes:

I've just plastered and painted these walls! No thanks :shakecane:

Original post by StrawberryDreams

You mean.. you don't have mince pies of some description in the cupboard already :s-smilie:

Original post by wazzupitsme
Absolutely not! Where are the halloween decorations then going to go? They can never be mixed up.....:erm:

This is a halloween free zone :naughty:
Are you joking? We're barely halfway through October. December 10th at the very least.
Original post by 8472
My mum bought some new decorations on Saturday! :gah:

What sort of decorations? Colour? Style? :biggrin:
Original post by harrysbar
You're bats if you unpack those baubles before December 1st

It has occurred to me that I don't have anything to put the baubles on, so now I'm shopping black Christmas trees.
@8472 send me your bank details cos this purchase is your fault thanks. x
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
1st December. I will accept 27th November as an earliest point, since it's 4 weeks before Christmas

:hand:
It's the thin end of the wedge (whatever that means)
You could put up but decorate with halloweeen decorations perhaps? :colondollar: :smile:

Latest