The Student Room Group

Second degree funding

Hello,

I’ve read a lot about exemption courses and it seems to be all surrounding PT. If a uni doesn’t offer the course PT, is it still exemption course?
So I’m looking at MPHARM at University of Brighton (B231)
Could someone advise if I would get full funding as a second degree? Thank you.
Original post by NaomiS11
Hello,

I’ve read a lot about exemption courses and it seems to be all surrounding PT. If a uni doesn’t offer the course PT, is it still exemption course?
So I’m looking at MPHARM at University of Brighton (B231)
Could someone advise if I would get full funding as a second degree? Thank you.

Hi there,

If the university doesn't offer the exception course on a part time basis then it is still not funded. It needs to meet our requirements as a part time course to be eligible for funding. Also needs to be an eligible course.

Thanks, Erin
Reply 2
So do all exemption courses have to be part time?
So do all exemption courses have to be part time?

There are some exceptions that can be studied full time which are like Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Professional courses.

Thanks, Erin
Reply 4
So does this mean that pharmacy is not an allied course? Sorry for all the questions.
So does this mean that pharmacy is not an allied course? Sorry for all the questions.

No this is not one of our exception courses.

Thanks, Erin
Reply 6
Okay, so I used https://www.hesa.ac.uk/support/documentation/jacs/jacs3-detailed to find the JACS code for pharmacy and it is a B code. So I’m a bit confused why it’s not included as an exception course. Is there a list somewhere that provides the courses? Thank you
Okay, so I used https://www.hesa.ac.uk/support/documentation/jacs/jacs3-detailed to find the JACS code for pharmacy and it is a B code. So I’m a bit confused why it’s not included as an exception course. Is there a list somewhere that provides the courses? Thank you

These are only exceptions if they are studied part time. Again we would need the full course and university details to be able to confirm this. The course is not an exception when studied full time.

Thanks, Erin
Reply 8
Okay, but it’s being confirmed on others threads that you can study nursing and radiography full time - as an exception course - so I’m not too sure what the rules are haha.

Thanks again
Hi Naomi,

Certain courses which are classed as 'Allied Health Professional' or nursing and midwifery are full time exceptions. Pharmacy is not one of these courses.
Thanks, Tégan

Quick Reply

Latest