The Student Room Group

International Trade Trainee - Department for International Trade (2019)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
what's the situation with Westminster bridge? will that be totally closed off to pedastrians due to extinction rebellion?
Reply 41
Original post by RMchat
Any more updates? The waiting game is starting to get to me.....

I've heard nothing as of yet, seems that only people are being notified of assessment centres and no rejections to my knowledge which is very strange....but at least we are still in the running!
Reply 42
Original post by Maja190
I've heard nothing as of yet, seems that only people are being notified of assessment centres and no rejections to my knowledge which is very strange....but at least we are still in the running!

I am going to take this as a good thing! I wonder how many people applied.. this is only a very small thread compared to the Fast Stream
I'm also curious about the numbers. There was no eligibility criteria for applicants which in theory would rocket the numbers. However, as a new development scheme how many people know about it or are interested. I hope they publish figures after the recruitment campaign is over.
I'm also curious about the numbers. There was no eligibility criteria for applicants which in theory would rocket the numbers. However, as a new development scheme how many people know about it or are interested. I hope they publish figures after the recruitment campaign is over.
Reply 45
Original post by Wallethero

Yeah it would be interesting. To add I've never seen a role of this nature around before which was open to everyone. At the same time, I've never seen a CS campaign (besides FS of course) run this long before. I'm still waiting to hear for a rejection/acceptance, and I'm pretty sure many others are too. It's just strange that they did not send out acceptances/rejections all at the same time which they normally do, it would have lifted a load on our minds ya know...
I emailed them a couple days back and they said they have received a large number of applications and are still sifting through the video interviews...
Reply 47
Original post by whizz-kid
I emailed them a couple days back and they said they have received a large number of applications and are still sifting through the video interviews...

I messaged them 2 weeks ago and they said the same thing. Also would have thought they had been done with that once the invites for assessment centres were sent out which is the case usually with CS. Ahh the wait continues!
Reply 48
Might give it a few days then start pestering them. Good luck to those with assessment centres coming up!
Just had my assessment centre, as far as assessment centres go it wasn't bad. Good luck to everyone else, no news is good news!
Reply 50
Just had my assessment centre, as far as assessment centres go it wasn't bad. Good luck to everyone else, no news is good news!

how many candidates were there, may I ask?
Reply 51

Congrats! Did they give you any indication of when you might find out the final results?
Was told it would be a couple of weeks to find out. Not sure of the numbers but there were more than I was expecting. I reckon this is far smaller than the fast stream, instead of thousands at the assessment centres it's probably a couple of hundred that have got through to this stage.
Hi everyone,

I completed my video interview a while back. Was quite a strange experience but still happy to have been given the opportunity. I haven’t heard back since the video interview. I think I’ve been rejected because in the candidate pack it says that offers of employment will be made end of October. I haven’t been invited to an AC so I am assuming rejection email will come through end of October. Shame but maybe will apply next year! Good luck to everyone! :smile:
So I had my assessment centre on the 3rd and radio silence since. One of the assessors said at least 3 weeks... and that while people would be appointed in merit order there was potential more more places on the programme, depending on the outcome of Brexit, etc...

This will be week 3...
Reply 55
Original post by speedbird
So I had my assessment centre on the 3rd and radio silence since. One of the assessors said at least 3 weeks... and that while people would be appointed in merit order there was potential more more places on the programme, depending on the outcome of Brexit, etc...

This will be week 3...

Ah that's encouraging, then there hopefully should be a chance for the rest of us still waiting! I can't even remember how long I've been waiting for vid interview results, just keep wondering why they didn't reject the rest of us who haven't heard back yet. Still again, no news is good news I suppose!
Sorry to ask here - for those that attended assessment centre, how long did it take to receive travel/accommodation costs? It's been a week since my claim and radio silence...
Hey! I was at the assessment centre and i just heard back - i am on the reserve list and not sure what that means. anyone else in a similar situation?
Original post by Mojave.95
Hey! I was at the assessment centre and i just heard back - i am on the reserve list and not sure what that means. anyone else in a similar situation?

Congrats! If it's like anther CS job it means you didn't get it, but did well enough that if someone doesn't take up the appointment or if they decide to take on more people in the next couple of months they work down the reserve list to fill the spots.

That's me officially out of the running, I'm assuming this means they have found their 12!

Was your feedback comprehensive? It seems like half my feedback isn't there, a final score and some blank bits above it...
Original post by Mojave.95

What was your final score, out of curiosity?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending