King's College London
London

Is King’s College too ambitious for me?

So in GCSEs I got the following:
Grade 8 - 1
Grade 7 - 1
Grade 6 - 6
Grade 5 - 2

I’m taking A-Levels in Politics, History and Maths, and taking Maths early in 2020, then the rest in 2021. I’m a Distance Learner, so feel this also disadvantages me? Help, I really would love to go to Kings College London to study Politics!
Reply 1
bump
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
definitely not too ambitious! work hard and you can do it
Reply 3
Original post by alevels2021
definitely not too ambitious! work hard and you can do it

awh, thank you, it’s just it’s such a competitive uni, and my GCSEs are pretty varied and basic, it’s my dream!!
You can definitely get into Kings :smile:
The main obstacle for distance learners is getting work experience because normally sixth forms organise schemes for that. If you can do extra curricular activities related to politics, you'll be fine
Reply 5
Yes, I’ve done lots of WEX, particularly in this area, so I feel I have the standard qualifications, and if I knew I could definitely get into King’s, I think It’ll make me want to work so much harder!
Oxford or Cambridge would be true ambitiousness. King's College is more like a realistic goal.
Reply 7
Original post by Jang Gwangnam
Oxford or Cambridge would be true ambitiousness. King's College is more like a realistic goal.

Wow, I thought King’s was like the equivalent in Lon, apart from LSE
Original post by satsun
So in GCSEs I got the following:
Grade 8 - 1
Grade 7 - 1
Grade 6 - 6
Grade 5 - 2

I’m taking A-Levels in Politics, History and Maths, and taking Maths early in 2020, then the rest in 2021. I’m a Distance Learner, so feel this also disadvantages me? Help, I really would love to go to Kings College London to study Politics!

Hi, I know this is a bit late but I was wondering if you applied in the end and if so have you heard anything? X
I got into King's for this year coming. My GCSEs were roughly the same, if not a bit a less, I used grades A*-G rather than the new number system. I also got offers from my other choices, Southampton, Surrey, Bristol and Reading.

Good luck with your future endeavours.
Reply 10
Original post by louisag92
I got into King's for this year coming. My GCSEs were roughly the same, if not a bit a less, I used grades A*-G rather than the new number system. I also got offers from my other choices, Southampton, Surrey, Bristol and Reading.

Good luck with your future endeavours.

Congratulations on your offer! If you wouldn’t mind, in which course was this?

Quick Reply

Latest