The Student Room Group

Hi, I'm Liz but might as well call me a clown.

So the title might be a little confusing but let me explain:
It all started when I received my GCSEs and then reality hit, making me more and more aware how I may not actual reach my dream job.

My GCSEs:

Spoiler

Then from there i scrapped into college, they lady doing my induction was like "ermmmm we do want kids with more 6 into college but because you got a 6 in Re we can offer you in" ( I go to a religious college) like girl why saying that, moral of that point kids do well in RE and you can get into college :laugh:

Yeah, so for A-Levels I choose:

Spoiler

Recent Assessments:

Spoiler

And for University I want to go to study Law:

Spoiler

And my college does our initial target grade based on our GCSEs, so at the moment they are targeted all at a C. But this hopefully will change by the end of first year hopefully :crossedf:.

To further explain why I'm calling myself a clown are for 4 main reasons:
1) My GCSEs are ****, okay that's a bit too harsh but they aren't AMAZING like the dream university want like UCL, the others din't have a set GCSEs requirement which I'm so happy about. I called up KCL and they said they dint look at GCSE but UCl said if the candidate is strong then we won't regret them but its up to the departments discretion if they want them or not.

2) I wanna do Law at uni so I took law at college to understand what law is like before actually doing it and from what we have done I don't like it. Like I didn't get the amount of active revision you NEED to do. I had that realisation last week, we did a test on Parliamentary Law making and the Juridical Control on Delegated Legislation and I got a A in it my first A and that was only because I did revision the night before and on the day, like ACTIVE revision for it with notes and everything.

HOWEVER, I heavily doubt myself because my teacher goes out in the open and says that when she looked at this guys profile she instantly knew he would get an A* and I was just like what did you see when you saw my profile. But its like I'm working on my confidence to do better and have a better mentality.

3) Again with my GCSE's they aren't that impressive compared to other people who want to take law at some of my chosen Universities and Law is a very competitive field so compared to them doubt I stand out. Because they are low I think law firms might reject me or universities my look at my GCSEs they won't pay attention to my application compared to those of higher GCSEs. I'm probably just over thinking this but I don't know.

4) My A-Level choose, mainly Film Studies even thought most unis accept it, I just feel like it makes me seem like a weaker candidate compared to those who have done a more academic subjects. But then again, it might just bee me who is overthinking all this.

Right, thank you very much for reading all of this I do apologise if there are errors in this. Hopefully you stick along with me on this crazy adventure of seeing whether I get into uni or not and how my grades go by each assessment.

Update 14/11/19
It's weird how I started this because I was having such a **** time in law but now law is one of the lessons I enjoy the most and I'm actually beginning to understand jt. (I'll update my recent assessment)
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by zedius
your not a clown, your the entire circus.

Aww thnx, I can entertain a whole load of people just by being an entire failure.
Original post by zedius
your not a clown, your the entire circus.

you're **

Original post by xlizzy
Aww thnx, I can entertain a whole load of people just by being an entire failure.

just work hard you can improve.
Reply 3
Tbh your GCSE’s are good and you passed them all so well done! Your doing 3 A levels so if you get BBB or BBC you could still get into uni even with film studies depending on the uni. Have you any idea what you want to do in the future now then?
Reply 4
ngl if i got those GCSE's I would be murdered by my parents :frown:. I need to get 8's and 9's in each subject.
good luck! tag me please if you’re doing tags :smile:
are you considering resitting your GCSEs in November?
Reply 7
Original post by Lukem14
Tbh your GCSE’s are good and you passed them all so well done! Your doing 3 A levels so if you get BBB or BBC you could still get into uni even with film studies depending on the uni. Have you any idea what you want to do in the future now then?

I wanna do law and hopefully get in Temple Inn and then there do my Bar Training after I passed my bar exam and then go into criminal court. and if chance will have it become a judge but who knows.
Reply 8
Original post by QEBoy101
ngl if i got those GCSE's I would be murdered by my parents :frown:. I need to get 8's and 9's in each subject.

no offence I would rather have my grades than working so hard and stressing the **** out to get high grades just for my parents approval.
Reply 9
Original post by xlizzy
I wanna do law and hopefully get in Temple Inn and then there do my Bar Training after I passed my bar exam and then go into criminal court. and if chance will have it become a judge but who knows.

I wanna study law as well but my GCSE’s are similar to yours
Reply 10
Original post by jadarose
are you considering resitting your GCSEs in November?

decided not too as it's only UCL that are picky for my GCSEs called Kings and they said they don't look at GCSEs. but it's like I wanna go UCL more than kings, but tbh I don't really mind going Kings there's nothing wrong with it.
Reply 11
Original post by Lukem14
I wanna study law as well but my GCSE’s are similar to yours

Are you in college too. Honestly I just think at the end of the day. We just have to work harder than other people with better GCSEs cause in a sense they already are one up us. I'm gonna start doing LNAT practices even though most of the don't require them but still. ya know
Original post by xlizzy
Are you in college too. Honestly I just think at the end of the day. We just have to work harder than other people with better GCSEs cause in a sense they already are one up us. I'm gonna start doing LNAT practices even though most of the don't require them but still. ya know

Yep I’m doing sociology, English and Law
Reply 13
Original post by Lukem14
Yep I’m doing sociology, English and Law

they are good subjects. what uni are you thinking of
(edited 4 years ago)
First of all - well done on your GCSEs! They're all passes (if I know the new system right...) and they're still really good grades! Please remember there is always a pathway to your dream career and you will get there no matter what :hugs:.
Original post by xlizzy
they are good subjects. what uni are you thinking of

Haven’t thought about which specific uni yet tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending