The Student Room Group

Boyfriend waited long time to say 'I love you'

Me and my bf have told each other that we just knew from the moment we met that we'd end up being together forever. He's the first person I've seriously discussed marriage with and it's seriously headed that way.

However, we waited 4 months to say 'I love you' to one another.. we had met about 15 times by this point and not been physical yet. Is this weird, considering we knew each other's importance so early on?
Reply 1
bump
Four months is definitely not a long time. You’re still in the first flush of love/lust after 15 meetings and you barely know each other after four months.
Original post by Anonymous
Me and my bf have told each other that we just knew from the moment we met that we'd end up being together forever. He's the first person I've seriously discussed marriage with and it's seriously headed that way.

However, we waited 4 months to say 'I love you' to one another.. we had met about 15 times by this point and not been physical yet. Is this weird, considering we knew each other's importance so early on?

Not at all. I salute your maturity and self-control :wink:
Reply 4
bump
Reply 5
??
Reply 6
Don't keep bumping threads after barely an hour, and don't start multiple threads asking the same question.

To answer, if it was 4 months before both of you said 'I love you' don't complain about it being your boyfriend waiting too long; how would you feel if he said that about you? There can be that initial attraction, but it takes time to get to really know someone and confirm what you thought was right. It's not weird, and it's better when it's said sincerely.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
It's better to wait to say the 'L' word than to say it fast, and not mean it.
Good that he waited till the time was right (in his mind) and you should not let this affect you.
Original post by Surnia
Don't keep bumping threads after barely an hour, and don't start multiple threads asking the same question.

To answer, if it was 4 months before both of you said 'I love you' don't complain about it being your boyfriend waiting too long; how would you feel if he said that about you? There can be that initial attraction, but it takes time to get to really know someone and confirm what you thought was right. It's not weird, and it's better when it's said sincerely.

She bumped the thread after 5 minutes initially...that has to be a record.
Reply 9
Original post by YaliaV
She bumped the thread after 5 minutes initially...that has to be a record.

Well spotted, and I'm sure you're right about the record! I kept seeing 50-something minutes on posts, but I couldn't do the maths and work out what was strange about it!! My brain isn't fully functional after a rotten cold :boring:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending