The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London (KCL) ~ Undergraduate Applicants for 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by MrDystopia
This thread is for everyone considering applying, or who has applied, to KCL for the September 2020 entry. Hopefully it can be a good hub for you to discuss any concerns, questions or anything else on your mind regarding the uni

I'm a KCL alumni (BSc and MSc) so if you have any general questions I can assist. Do bear in mind I won't be able to answer the vast majority of course specific questions. Those are better answered in the specific forums for whatever subject it is they concern. I may take a while responding given I work full time but nonetheless, feel free to fire away.

Useful links

KCL 2020 Undergraduate prospectus: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra...rospectus.aspx

KCL Postgraduate portal: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/index.aspx

KCL Accommodation information: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/accommodation/index.aspx

KCL Fees and Funding information: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra...ing/index.aspx

TSR UniMatch KCL database: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...london/courses

Hello. I am currently enrolled in a Canadian high-school in Toronto, Ontario. I just enrolled 4 weeks ago.
I want to apply to BA Social Science(L300) for 2020/9 entry.
I have a bit of a problem. I need 6 of 12-grade courses but I will only have 4 when I apply this December. I know that it will make me less competitive compared to others without my predicted grades... What should I do? My school said they cannot provide predicted grades for the other courses that I did not take... My school runs on semester bases which means
2019/9~2020/12(4 of 12-grade courses + 10 grade English)/What I am doing right now
2020/1~2020/2(11 grade English)
2020/3~2020/6(12 grade English + 1 of 12 grade( I think this course will open next year..)
I need 3 predicted grades for 11 grade English + 12 grade English + 12-grade course(not sure which yet)
"KCL requirements are 83% grade average of 6 12-grade courses"
If I lack in theses 3 predicted grades will my chance be super lower?? I will have all of my grades my the end on 2020/6. I currently have IELTS score and thats all I got.. I just started my personal statement this week too. Should I ask my subject teacher to include that the school's policy does not allow predicted grade? If he writes on the personal statement will the University be a bit generous??
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Hey guys
I'm applying for Chemistry BSc, predicted A*A*A (bio, chem, maths).
I've just received my acknowledgement email for PPE and am now anxiously awaiting my offer as I've heard that they can come quickly. I'm predicted H1H1H1H2H2H2, which are exactly the requirements, and I have an A in junior cert higher level maths.
(edited 4 years ago)
Yes just received acknowledgement! :smile:
Subject of interest: Classics
Currently studying: English, History and RE
Predicted: A*AA
Why KCL?: I quite like the atmosphere, the university looks very nice, but I have not visited it yet. Also I've hear its very diverse,which is important to me at an university, as I want to meet a wide variety of people

is anyone else considering classics?
Subject of interest: Computer Science
Currently studying: Maths, Economics and Chemistry
Why KCL?: Its a Russell Group London university and I like the diversity and the atmosphere there.
Hi all! Applying for History, predicted A*A*A* for History, Chemistry, Maths :smile:
Original post by Aptitude.
Hello everyone!

I haven’t seen a post on this so I thought I’d start one! I recently attended the open day at King’s College London in June 2019 and was left in absolute awe at the university. I was lost for words by the central location, whereby there is so much to do/see within walking distance. That actual university was beautiful and the style of teaching seemed impeccable.

I’m looking to study LLB Law at King’s in 2020 and look forward to applying. I’m also currently studying Law, Psychology and English Literature and I’ve almost finished year 12!

If any prospective students would like to begin conversations below, go ahead; if you’d like to follow a format:

Subject of interest:
Currently studying:
Why KCL?

Also, if anyone is currently studying at King’s or will be studying in 2019, it would be appreciated if you’d leave any tips/advice on applying, what it’s like to study there and any general topics you’d like to discuss!

Hi!! I'm looking at doing LLB Law at KCL as well in September 2020 (fingers crossed I get an offer). I agree, when I visited the university I was left speechless; it is such a gorgeous university and library looked wonderful! When I was visiting unis, I had my mind set on UCL but as soon as I saw KCL, I knew that was where I wanted to go. I was especially drawn by the lecturer at the Law talk, she was amazing!
I'm currently studying Spanish, History and Psychology (my school doesn't offer Law at A Level, unfortunately).
Can I ask, have you applied yet? And where else are you looking at?
Sent my application for BSc Social Sciences on Monday. I got all the other four acknowledgements a day and two after I applied, but I'm still waiting for King's.
Original post by i&lt
Hi!! I'm looking at doing LLB Law at KCL as well in September 2020 (fingers crossed I get an offer). I agree, when I visited the university I was left speechless; it is such a gorgeous university and library looked wonderful! When I was visiting unis, I had my mind set on UCL but as soon as I saw KCL, I knew that was where I wanted to go. I was especially drawn by the lecturer at the Law talk, she was amazing!
I'm currently studying Spanish, History and Psychology (my school doesn't offer Law at A Level, unfortunately).
Can I ask, have you applied yet? And where else are you looking at?

Great to hear you’re applying!

I’m awaiting my teacher to send my application off in the coming days.

The other universities I’m applying for are Queen Mary, Royal Holloway, South Bank and Westminster. If I were to not get an offer form KCL, although I really hope I do, I think I’d go to Royal Holloway as the campus is absolutely beautiful.

What other universities are you looking to apply for?
Great to hear you’re applying!

I’m awaiting my teacher to send my application off in the coming days.

The other universities I’m applying for are Queen Mary, Royal Holloway, South Bank and Westminster. If I were to not get an offer form KCL, although I really hope I do, I think I’d go to Royal Holloway as the campus is absolutely beautiful.

What other universities are you looking to apply for?

I'm hoping to send my application off as soon as we go back after half term - just touching up the last parts of my personal statement and relentlessly trying to get my Spanish predicted grade up :wink:

I'm applying for KCL, UCL, Warwick and haven't decided on my last two yet (it's between LSE, Southampton, Nottingham and Reading). Preferably, though, I'd rather stay in London. Have you done the LNAT yet?
Original post by i&lt
I'm hoping to send my application off as soon as we go back after half term - just touching up the last parts of my personal statement and relentlessly trying to get my Spanish predicted grade up :wink:

I'm applying for KCL, UCL, Warwick and haven't decided on my last two yet (it's between LSE, Southampton, Nottingham and Reading). Preferably, though, I'd rather stay in London. Have you done the LNAT yet?

Sounds great! I’ve got my LNAT booked for early November, so hopefully that all goes well. Hopefully...

I really have no idea how to prepare for the LNAT and haven’t done much research into it yet; I probably should...
Sounds great! I’ve got my LNAT booked for early November, so hopefully that all goes well. Hopefully...

I really have no idea how to prepare for the LNAT and haven’t done much research into it yet; I probably should...

mines booked for early December.. and me too! I'm so confused I've heard mixed reviews about the preparation books, and different unis prefer different things (eg. UCL prefers the essay but apparently KCL completely discards it)
Original post by punksofsuburbia
Sent my application for BSc Social Sciences on Monday. I got all the other four acknowledgements a day and two after I applied, but I'm still waiting for King's.

this happened to me but i found my emails in my junk folder so maybe look in there?
Reply 54
Original post by punksofsuburbia

Good for you men. I am trying to apply this December for 2020/9 entry. I am applying from Canada
guys do King's read Ps? I applied for International relations and History with a medicine PS
Original post by MechDoge
guys do King's read Ps? I applied for International relations and History with a medicine PS

Assuming that PS means Personal Statement, then yes they do look at your PS.
Does anyone know someone who applied to KCL with one grade lower than the required predicted grades and got an offer?
Reply 58
Predicted A*A*A*A*A* physics, maths, further maths, computer science, Chinese(Aiming for A*A*A*A)
Applied for electronic engineering (required grade AAB)
999887766 (didn’t care about GCSEs)
Submitted UCAS on 15th October (no offers yet)
When will offers come out? Last year they started coming out around this time.....

Quick Reply

Latest