1) Avatar (Not the air bender)
Original post by hewgcrusty
6. lost in translation
5. inglourious basterds
4. mulholland drive
3. fargo
2. 2001: a space odyssey
1. one flew over the cuckoo's nest

funny, 2001 is my #1 favourite film of all time and Cuckoo's nest isnt too far behind. Mulholland Drive is #1 on my list of films i need to see, and i've literally just watched Inglourious Basterds for the first time and was really disappointed!
6.Jurassic Park
5.Forrest Gump
4.The Green Mike
3.The Road to El Dorado
2.The Perks of Being a Wallflower
1.Back to the future
The Godfather.
Goodfellas.
Shawshank Redemption.
Pulp Fiction.
Schindler's List.
Boyz n the hood.
1 Thé Matrix
2 Dark Knight trilogy
Original post by jamal tyrone 2
What are you top 6 films?

Mine are:
6. Stand by Me
5.Dazed and Confused
4. No country for old men
3.Shawshank Redemption
2.Godfather part 2
1. Taxi Driver

Mine are (not in order)
-Goodfellas
-No Country for Old Men
-Taxi Driver
-2001 Space Odyssey
-Apocalypse Now
-Star Wars IV

Yup, all predictable. Don't @ me :tongue:
Original post by A Rolling Stone
funny, 2001 is my #1 favourite film of all time and Cuckoo's nest isnt too far behind. Mulholland Drive is #1 on my list of films i need to see, and i've literally just watched Inglourious Basterds for the first time and was really disappointed!

This list has definitely changed: in retrospect, Inglourious Basterds was a generous 5th, and given the films I've seen over the last few months I'd say it would now look like:
6. 8 1/2
5. Mulholland Drive
4. Fargo
3. Paris, Texas
2. 2001
1. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Honourable mentions would be The 39 Steps (my favourite Hitchcock film) and The Lighthouse, which I saw recently and thought was excellent. I'll be seeing Parasite next week and that looks very promising!
Original post by hewgcrusty
This list has definitely changed: in retrospect, Inglourious Basterds was a generous 5th, and given the films I've seen over the last few months I'd say it would now look like:
6. 8 1/2
5. Mulholland Drive
4. Fargo
3. Paris, Texas
2. 2001
1. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Honourable mentions would be The 39 Steps (my favourite Hitchcock film) and The Lighthouse, which I saw recently and thought was excellent. I'll be seeing Parasite next week and that looks very promising!

this is so weird, i swear we have some sort of telepathic connection!... today i was literally discussing seeing The 39 Steps with my mum as apparently it's on TV some point this week, today I was also talking about seeing Parasite with my colleague and had read a review on The Lighthouse due to apparently having a similar vibe to 2001!
Original post by A Rolling Stone
this is so weird, i swear we have some sort of telepathic connection!... today i was literally discussing seeing The 39 Steps with my mum as apparently it's on TV some point this week, today I was also talking about seeing Parasite with my colleague and had read a review on The Lighthouse due to apparently having a similar vibe to 2001!

Lol that is strange - I watched the 39 steps after the book was a pub quiz round and I was somewhat mesmerised by it - in the same way as I was mesmerised by Fritz Lang's Metropolis, both of which seem to have a quality which makes their age seem more of a characterful quirk than an audiovisual hindrance. Also, my mate literally sent me a message today asking if I was also of the opinion that The Lighthouse is a Kubrickian masterpiece haha. The ending certainly is shot in a similar way, and in some sense, it has similar themes as 2001. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's like a Kubrick work, but it really is excellent and I would highly recommend it. As Kubrick said, 'the feel of the experience is the important thing, not the ability to verbalise or analyse it' - I think Robert Eggers delivers on that front.
Original post by Stockers2002
6.Jurassic Park
5.Forrest Gump
4.The Green Mike
3.The Road to El Dorado
2.The Perks of Being a Wallflower
1.Back to the future

those are some of best films I've ever watched - el dorado is very underrated aswell
Original post by dettydettypig
those are some of best films I've ever watched - el dorado is very underrated aswell

Least someone agrees that it’s underrated😂
Pulp fiction
A star is born
Fatal attraction
Hangover
Bridget Jones
Titanic
My best films so far:

Forrest Gump
Gandhi
The Last Emporer
The Godfather part 2
Endgame
Selma

Especially the films Gandhi and Selma are precious pearls in my opinion, as they are very authebtically according to their main characters!

Quick Reply

Latest