The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Muez
You can call them up and ask and if they say no then definitely don’t risk it.

Just out of curiosity how hard is the interview? You must’ve done well since you got an offer

Interviews are nerve wracking no matter where you go, I found the interview really good. Though I was kicking myself afterwards as I thought of more things I could've said. People at each station are nice to you, just be social in the sense - smile and shake their hand etc. Some of the questions were typical, and others made you think. In the Role Play station its just key to manage the situation professionally and not panic (easier said then done lol), the actors are made to push you but just keep calm. Personally, I found it good,other people found it super easy or super hard, so just depends on the type of person you are.
Original post by THEallstar2111
No no im not resitting. It says on their website if ur wp from one of the schools in their list, they can lower the offer to a ABB.

Oh I see what you’re saying. Maybe call them up and ask
Original post by student0299
Oh I see what you’re saying. Maybe call them up and ask

Yh , i called them up and they said they could lower it. Hopefully i meet the cut off.
Original post by Lamerz30
I am starting the medicine course at St Georges in September 2020. (Deferred entry). I am looking for people who wish to live in non-university accommodation. I would only like to live with female, mature graduate students who are relatively quiet and do not party as I have already done an undergraduate degree and wish to study in a quiet, calm environment. If you're interested, send me a message directly.

Im also starting medicine next year :smile: Been trying to find people who’ve also got deferred offers. As for the accommodation, it really depends on the cost and location for me personally
Hi
Has anyone got an interview offer yet and does anyoneknow when the ucat threshold will be released.
Reply 45
Original post by Bio,Chem,Maths
Hi
Has anyone got an interview offer yet and does anyoneknow when the ucat threshold will be released.

no one will receive any notice of an interview till November as the ucat consortium don't send our scores till then i
Original post by MAD103
no one will receive any notice of an interview till November as the ucat consortium don't send our scores till then i

Thank youuuu.
Reply 47
no problem, if you didn't already know past cut offs have been from 2019-2013: 2490,2590,1890,2600,2550,2590,2530
Hi

It’s a bit too early to receive interview offers as our ukcat scores haven’t been sent to the university yet
In terms of the threshold they have the past cut offs listed on their website
Hi

UCAT doesn’t send the universities the results until November so I believe it’ll be around then.
Original post by ssssalma
Im also starting medicine next year :smile: Been trying to find people who’ve also got deferred offers. As for the accommodation, it really depends on the cost and location for me personally

Hey @ssssalma I’m also in the same boat as you 😁
Original post by minji.ho
Does anyone know about age limits? Do you have to be 18 by a certain age or when you enter the course?

Hi!

You need to be 18 when you start the course, give or take a few days.

If you have any further questions fire away!

Best Wishes,

Meenakshi

4th Year Medical Student

Official University Rep of St. George's University of London
Original post by MechDoge
Hey guys does anyone know whether I can compensate a C in IGCSE Language with a 7.0 in IELTS? I'm an international student.

Hi!

I would email [email protected] to find out about this, in case you have to redo English Language! They are pretty quick to respond (and if they don't give them a nudge!)

Best Wishes,

Meenakshi

4th Year Medical Student

Original post by Yashchou
What Likely hood cut off of ukat will be used at this medical school for 2020 entry.
My son has score of 2450 with SJT band 4 and wondering is it worth applying
He has 7 A* 2 A and 1 B with prediction of A*A*A in chemistry, maths and biology respectively. Thanks

Hi!

St. George's uses UKCAT scores and A levels grades in order to give an interview. So you have to make sure you get the entry requirements for both to be offered an interview.

I hope that helps!

Best Wishes,

Meenakshi

4th Year Medical Student

Any chances of getting an inetrview from SGUL for A100 (2020 Entry)
GCSE grades are
Physics-------------8
Maths---------------8
Chemistry----------7
Biology-------------7
English Language--5
English Language--6 (Resit)
English Literature--6
Religious Studies --6
Graphics-----------B
Business Studies--B

UKCAT score = 2570 Band 2

Predicted grades are AAA (Maths/ Chemistry/ Biology)

Any idea when applicants will start receiving the interviews?

Thanks in advance.
Original post by helpintransfer
Any chances of getting an inetrview from SGUL for A100 (2020 Entry)
GCSE grades are
Physics-------------8
Maths---------------8
Chemistry----------7
Biology-------------7
English Language--5
English Language--6 (Resit)
English Literature--6
Religious Studies --6
Graphics-----------B
Business Studies--B

UKCAT score = 2570 Band 2

Predicted grades are AAA (Maths/ Chemistry/ Biology)

Any idea when applicants will start receiving the interviews?

Thanks in advance.

Hi!

GCSEs:
Your GCSEs sound like they meet their 2020 entry requirements of 5 subjects at Grade 6 or Grade B and above, including a Grade 6 or B in English Language, Maths and Science (Double or Triple Award).

UKCAT:
For your UKCAT, did you receive a minimum of 500 in each section?
St George's require a minimum of 500 in each section, as well as meeting an overall UKCAT cut-off score in order to be invited to interview.

St George's releases what their minimum UKCAT cut-off score was for that year a few months after the UCAS October 15th deadline.
A good way of estimating what the minimum cut-off score might be is to look at St George's minimum cut-off in previous years: the minimum required for interview was 2490 for 2019 entry.
They have previous years' minimum scores at https://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/courses/medicine#entry-criteria under the UKCAT section.

A Levels:
Your A Level subjects are acceptable.

The great news is that George's invites everyone who meets their minimum academic requirements to an interview.

Your GCSE grades and A Level subjects sound like they meet the requirements.
The only other requirements that you personally need to meet are:
1. your UKCAT needs to be over 500 in each section, and your score needs to meet the overall cut-off when it is released
2. make sure you've read through the Entry Criteria on the website to ensure that there is nothing else that applies to you (in particular the 'Exceptions' tab and the 'English language' tab for people whose first language is not English) at sgul.ac.uk/study/courses/medicine#entry-criteria

As long as you have met those minimum academic requirements, you'll receive an interview!

As for when you will hear back about whether you have received an interview, St George's will let applicants know whether they have received an interview from November/December onwards.

If you have any other questions, do get back in touch with me or make an enquiry at https://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/contact-us

Hope that helps!

Millie (4th year medical student, official rep of St George's University of London)
Original post by St George's University of London
Hi!

GCSEs:
Your GCSEs sound like they meet their 2020 entry requirements of 5 subjects at Grade 6 or Grade B and above, including a Grade 6 or B in English Language, Maths and Science (Double or Triple Award).

UKCAT:
St George's require a minimum of 500 in each section, as well as meeting an overall UKCAT cut-off score in order to be invited to interview.

St George's releases what their minimum UKCAT cut-off score was for that year a few months after the UCAS October 15th deadline.
A good way of estimating what the minimum cut-off score might be is to look at St George's minimum cut-off in previous years: the minimum required for interview was 2490 for 2019 entry.
They have previous years' minimum scores at https://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/courses/medicine#entry-criteria under the UKCAT section.

A Levels:

The great news is that George's invites everyone who meets their minimum academic requirements to an interview.

1. your UKCAT needs to be over 500 in each section, and your score needs to meet the overall cut-off when it is released
2. make sure you've read through the Entry Criteria on the website to ensure that there is nothing else that applies to you (in particular the 'Exceptions' tab and the 'English language' tab for people whose first language is not English) at sgul.ac.uk/study/courses/medicine#entry-criteria

As long as you have met those minimum academic requirements, you'll receive an interview!

As for when you will hear back about whether you have received an interview, St George's will let applicants know whether they have received an interview from November/December onwards.

If you have any other questions, do get back in touch with me or make an enquiry at https://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/contact-us

Hope that helps!

Millie (4th year medical student, official rep of St George's University of London)

@St George's University of London
Extremely thankful for your detailed reply Millie
I have scored more than 500 marks in each section of the UCAT with an overall score of 2570 and B2
Original post by St George's University of London
Hi!

GCSEs:

UKCAT:

A Levels:

Hope that helps!

Hi Millie

That's great news. Wouldn't that mean a LOT of people would be receiving interviews , making the selection process even tougher after interviews are done ?

Does achieved A level grades play an advantage ( I have AAA)
My ucat is 2560 Band 2, so I hope I got the criteria.
I phoned today asking about interviews and offers and kinda lost a lot of faith in getting into st Georges London uni for medicine which is my dream.
They said they gave 700 interviews which idm, but they said they gave 140 offers which is ridiculous but may be true.
Just wanted to confirm with someone who knows of this matter

On a freedom of information request, it says 426 offers were made in 2019 cycle for A100. I dont know who or what to believe.
Please let me know
thanks
Original post by Banshee123
I phoned today asking about interviews and offers and kinda lost a lot of faith in getting into st Georges London uni for medicine which is my dream.
They said they gave 700 interviews which idm, but they said they gave 140 offers which is ridiculous but may be true.
Just wanted to confirm with someone who knows of this matter

On a freedom of information request, it says 426 offers were made in 2019 cycle for A100. I dont know who or what to believe.
Please let me know
thanks

Wow 140 offers?! Do you know how many places they have on their programme? That’s so little

Latest