The Student Room Group

Law Applicants and Offers Thread 2020

This is a place for people to share and discuss their offers (or rejections) as they come in :smile:

Aberdeen (34 IB points with 555 at Higher or AAAB or AAAAA Scottish Highers for Scots & English Law)
Aberystwyth (112 points)
Aston (BBB or BCC with EPQ or contextual offer)
Birmingham (AAA/AAB or ABB with A2B scheme or 32 IB points with 666 or "attainment" offer of CCC if Firmed but AAA if Insured)
Bristol (first offers 29/11 ranging from A*AA/A*A*B to AAB contextual
38 IB points with 18 points at HL and for SL English at level 6)
Bournemouth (BCC or equivalent points)
Cambridge (A*AA)
Cardiff (AAB/ABB or BBB with A in EPQ)
City (ABB/BBB)
Dundee (AAB or unconditional with AAAAA/AAAAB Scottish Highers for Scots Law or Scots & English dual qualifying)
Durham (A*AA/AAA or AAB if Firmed or contextual or ABB Sutton Trust or 37 IB points with 666 Highers or International offer of 87% in 5 subjects)
Edinburgh (international offer of 80% in five subjects inc English or unconditional offer for Scots Law applicant with AAAAA Scottish Highers)
Edinburgh Napier (Scots Law unconditional with 7 A's at National 5 & 5 A's at Higher)
Essex (BBB - CCC inc one essay based subject)
Exeter (AAA/AAB/ABB with A in EPQ, some BBB offers/ABC, 34 IB points with 665 or BTEC L3 Extended unconditional with achieved D*DD)
Glasgow (LNAT of around 19 & standard offers for English/Scots Law)
Goldsmiths (ABB)
Hull (unconditional if Firm or 120 points)
Keele (ABC/BBB, unconditional with ABB predictions)
Kent (AAB/BBB,BBC with A in EPQ)
Kings (A*AA posted from 15/11 or AAB contextual or 35 IB points with 766. Alternative offers for some applicants with LNAT 20-22 and A*AA for History, P&E or English depending on their A level subjects)
Lancaster (AAB/ABB with B in EPQ/some unconditional offers)
Leeds (AAA/AAB with A in EPQ or ABB via Access to Leeds or 35 IB points or A plus DD in CTEC or DM contextual)
Leicester (ABB or BBB if Firmed and B in EPQ)
Liverpool (ABB or B plus DD in CTEC or
BTEC L3 Extended unconditional with achieved D*DD)
LSE (first offers late Nov International 90 90 90 90 85 85, Jan/Feb offers 38 IB points with 766 Highers or A*AA. Decisions typically take 12 weeks but can be longer although all decisions should be made by 31st March)
Manchester (AAA/AAB/ABB contextual or 36 IB points or A plus DD in CTEC)
Newcastle (AAA/AAB/ABB Contextual if Firmed/some unconditional offers
Northumbria (128 UCAS points/80 for Law Foundation Year)
Nottingham (AAA or AAB contextual, some alternative offers made for Criminology)
Nottingham Trent BBB/BBC
Oxford (AAA, first interview offers 18/11)
Portsmouth (unconditional with AAB prediction)
Queen Mary’s (A*AA/AAA/A*AB or 36 IB points with 666)
Queen's university Belfast (AAA)
Reading (ABB/BBB)
Royal Holloway (AAB/ABB)
Sheffield (AAA or AAB with A in EPQ
SOAS (A*AA but lower offers also given)
Southampton (AAA)
Stirling (unconditional offer for Scots Law with AAAAA/AAAAB at Higher)
Strathclyde (unconditional dual qualifying with 7 A's at National 5 & 5 A's at Higher)
Surrey (BBB/BBC with A in EPQ)
Sussex (AAB)
Swansea (AAB - BBB)
UCL (A*AA or AAB with UCL Access or 39 IB points first offers 13/11)
UEA (AAB/ABB with A in EPQ)
Warwick (AAA/AAB or ABB contextual or BBB from the Warwick Scholars Programme
or 38 IB points, aggregate of 88% in 5 subjects or AAA for PPL
BBB offers only for applicants on the Warwick Scholars Programme)
Westminster (BBC, unconditional)
Winchester (unconditional with AAB prediction)
York (interviews then AAA-ABB or 36 IB points)

It should be noted that whilst certain good unis like Newcastle and Lancaster are giving out some unconditional offers (or attainment offers in the case of Birmingham) offers at this type of competitive uni are reserved for people with AAA+ predictions and excellent GCSE results
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I just realised, I was going to say apparently someone received a Durham offer but surely they couldn't have as universities won't be receiving LNAT scores and essays until the 21st:confused:

Let's pray that this is the year that notoriously slow universities like LSE and UCL and KCL decide to send out decisions early:u:
Reply 3
Original post by dyingstudent101
I just realised, I was going to say apparently someone received a Durham offer but surely they couldn't have as universities won't be receiving LNAT scores and essays until the 21st:confused:

Let's pray that this is the year that notoriously slow universities like LSE and UCL and KCL decide to send out decisions early:u:

Yes I don't see how they could have received a Durham LLB offer from this cycle of applications so I'm not including it :iiam:
I haven’t sent my application in yet but I’m applying for Dundee, Strathclyde, Glasgow and Aberdeen 😊

Hoping to send it off by the end of October so will keep updating!
Reply 6
Original post by Catriona23
I haven’t sent my application in yet but I’m applying for Dundee, Strathclyde, Glasgow and Aberdeen 😊

Hoping to send it off by the end of October so will keep updating!

Thank you ....would be good to get information about responses from some Scottish unis
Hi, just received a offer from Manchester uni LBB!
conditional AA (I got a A* in A level Italian native language at the end of year 12 and they included it)

I am very pleased as I am definitely going to make it my 2nd choice if i get any offer from either from UCl, KCL or Oxford 😀
Reply 8
Original post by lancpe2002
Hi, just received a offer from Manchester uni LBB!
conditional AA (I got a A* in A level Italian native language at the end of year 12 and they included it)

I am very pleased as I am definitely going to make it my 2nd choice if i get any offer from either from UCl, KCL or Oxford 😀

:five:

That's great news, I guess you might have quite a long wait from the LNAT unis but at least you can relax a bit knowing that you have a good offer from Manchester.
Original post by harrysbar
Although it's early days, some people have started to report Law offers. This is a place for people to share and discuss their offers (or rejections) as they come in :smile:

Early offers have started trickling in from:

Cardiff
Exeter
Leeds
Liverpool
Manchester
Newcastle
Swansea
Warwick

Havent applied yet but sending my application October 23rd, so I’ll have more to offer then😂 My LNAT is November 11th and my choices are Leeds, Birmingham, Sheffield, Bristol and Aston, predicted grades A*A*A equivalent
Reply 10
Original post by nathan_nacu
Havent applied yet but sending my application October 23rd, so I’ll have more to offer then😂 My LNAT is November 11th and my choices are Leeds, Birmingham, Sheffield, Bristol and Aston, predicted grades A*A*A equivalent

Aston will bite your hand off :tongue:
Although it's early days, some people have started to report Law offers. This is a place for people to share and discuss their offers (or rejections) as they come in :smile:

Early offers have started trickling in from:

Cardiff
Exeter
Leeds
Liverpool
Manchester
Newcastle
Swansea
Warwick

Yeah I’ve had offers from Cardiff and Leeds! I know a girl who has had one from Warwick and Exeter too. I don’t know anyone else who applied for law at those unis!

I imagine the lnat unis (Durham, Oxford, Nottingham etc) will take a lot longer because the lnat scores don’t go out until Monday. Or at least I hope they take longer because I haven’t had any lnat uni offers!

hahahahaha true

😂😂😂😂😂😂 they’re only the backup in case for some God forsaken reason I get no offers
Reply 14
Original post by nathan_nacu
😂😂😂😂😂😂 they’re only the backup in case for some God forsaken reason I get no offers

You will!

Original post by leilalj
Yeah I’ve had offers from Cardiff and Leeds! I know a girl who has had one from Warwick and Exeter too. I don’t know anyone else who applied for law at those unis!

I imagine the lnat unis (Durham, Oxford, Nottingham etc) will take a lot longer because the lnat scores don’t go out until Monday. Or at least I hope they take longer because I haven’t had any lnat uni offers!

Congratulations on your two offers, great stuff :dance:
Reply 15
Hi all,
I have applied and finished my LNAT exam on 14th of October.
I applied to Oxford/Bristol/Bournemouth/Newcastle/Warwick
Haven't got any offers yet, but to be fair shouldn't be expecting them so quickly. I'm curious about whether anyone have got any law offers yet, I'm really stressed about them.
I'm predicted A*/A*/A/A, in Law/Business/Sociology/ and foreign lang.
(edited 4 years ago)
For any Uni needing LNAT - the scores are not sent to the Unis until late October so obviously you wont hear anything until after that.

Each Uni processes applications differently. and typically Russell Group and other top Unis take longer to make offers - they can be more selective and they get far more applications than places. As its less competitive you will probably hear from B'mouth first, and it could take months for you to get a decision from some of the others. Don't worry, this sort of wait is totally normal.
god damn, Warwick already giving out offers I knew it lol. It was between them and the LNAT Nottingham, but I decided to go for all 5 LNAT and went with Notts, hope to get that offer within a month if I do well in the LNAT.
I got an offer from Birmingham for AAA as insurance or minimum of all C if I choose to firm the uni (which I’m not doing). I’ve also applied to Bristol, UCL, Durham, and Cambridge. I’m sitting my LNAT on Nov 1st and am predicted A*A*A*A in Maths, Chemistry, English Lit, and History.
Reply 19
Original post by Miriam29
I got an offer from Birmingham for AAA as insurance or minimum of all C if I choose to firm the uni (which I’m not doing). I’ve also applied to Bristol, UCL, Durham, and Cambridge. I’m sitting my LNAT on Nov 1st and am predicted A*A*A*A in Maths, Chemistry, English Lit, and History.

Nice! Which Cambridge College did you apply to :smile:

(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending