The Student Room Group

let's talk about them: two-faced people

ok so i told myself to not make this post but i have been wanting to discuss this with someone. basically, i feel like i am really starting to think good people don't even exist anymore lol no but seriously, someone i thought was a friend and a nice person made some really nasty comments about me in a group chat. I felt hurt at first and then I blocked them on all social media. Why are people like this? Some people are just so nasty, I honestly don't get why they behave so rudely and think that being nasty is okay. It isn't. I just don't get why they said nasty **** about me. like where are noble people???? I think the machine that used to manufacture them is broken lmaoooo IDEK I have seen so much nastiness recently and I just feel like no one knows what being a decent human being is anymore.
You’ll be surprised to see how many people talk about others behind their backs. I mean, sometimes I do unintentionally but it’s never nasty lmao. I feel like people find it easier to connect by singling out other people, if you know what I mean??
Reply 2
Original post by OR321
You’ll be surprised to see how many people talk about others behind their backs. I mean, sometimes I do unintentionally but it’s never nasty lmao. I feel like people find it easier to connect by singling out other people, if you know what I mean??

yeah but like you have to be a really dysfunctional individual if you need to say really hurtful things about others to connect. I gossip too, but it is never malicious and usually is about tv drama ygm
I am not judging you btw and i sorta get u. its just that they were my 'friend' and pretended to adore me whilst they said like totally opposite things to my other friend about me. idk I feel like if the person wasn't someone who was nice to me then it would be different
Original post by Anonymous
yeah but like you have to be a really dysfunctional individual if you need to say really hurtful things about others to connect. I gossip too, but it is never malicious and usually is about tv drama ygm
I am not judging you btw and i sorta get u. its just that they were my 'friend' and pretended to adore me whilst they said like totally opposite things to my other friend about me. idk I feel like if the person wasn't someone who was nice to me then it would be different

Yeah I understand your point. People like that usually do this because they know they have nothing else to talk about so they just talk crap about people. It’s time to make new friends lmao. Ngl I used to have these two really good friends, and one of them went away for a day or something and the other friends just started saying all sorts of things about him 😬
(edited 4 years ago)
Hang in there you’ll find good people eventually
Reply 5
Original post by WillJabine
Hang in there you’ll find good people eventually

i think what worries me the most is how **** of a judge I am of others' character. like i always end up finding out that i trusted the wrong person or thought too highly of someone smh
There are good people out there I promise. That's why i keep my circle of friends small.
Being two faced is an essential part of living a successful life.

There's another more positive term for the same thing. It's called "Being professional". Where you give all your customers the same high levels of service, regardless of what you think of them personally.

I would be a huge hypocrite if I criticised someone else for being two faced. When I am two faced myself.

However, having said that, part of "being professional" is keeping your negative thoughts to yourself. And not blabbing them on a group chat.

Your "friend" made a stupid blunder.

It's possible - depending on what they said and the context they said it in - that they may still like you. Just because you have some faults that they aired in a public place, doesn't mean to say that they hate you. They may still like you enough as a person to spend time with.
Although it's also possible that they hate your guts.

Either way, I wouldn't blame you if you treated them as an enemy for life now.

Expecting anyone to be a saint is unrealistic.
And there is a huge culture amongst teenaged schoolchildren to be negative and cynical about everything and to be positive about nothing.

But yes, the world would be a better place if more people focused on the positives and suppressed their thoughts on the negatives in other people.
Reply 8
I think it's another facet of bullying. People like that are weak and think they have to follow the crowd to be popular; they haven't got the moral courage to be the one person to be different and say 'stop' because the bullies would turn on them. They'll stand in a crowd and laugh at someone being picked on, but wouldn't have the guts to be that nasty on their own. Also, people are bolder when they get behind a keyboard and type things they wouldn't say in person.

I think at some time most of us have vented about someone else, but it's usually warranted; someone being unprofessional and annoying and you may have spoken with them about it, but you choose your words carefully. We go home from uni or work and say to friends and family and partners "you won't believe what x did today." But it's not right if it's malicious gossip for no particular reason. It sounds like your 'friend' has chosen a new crowd to hang with, but I bet they cave if you spoke to them about it! It's just whether you could get over the lack of trust you would have in them not doing it again. Sadly, I think it's time to move on from them.

Hopefully we've restored your faith in human nature, and you'll see there are some nice supportive people out there! :console:
ok so i told myself to not make this post but i have been wanting to discuss this with someone. basically, i feel like i am really starting to think good people don't even exist anymore lol no but seriously, someone i thought was a friend and a nice person made some really nasty comments about me in a group chat. I felt hurt at first and then I blocked them on all social media. Why are people like this? Some people are just so nasty, I honestly don't get why they behave so rudely and think that being nasty is okay. It isn't. I just don't get why they said nasty **** about me. like where are noble people???? I think the machine that used to manufacture them is broken lmaoooo IDEK I have seen so much nastiness recently and I just feel like no one knows what being a decent human being is anymore.

Maybe you done something wrong or you pissed your friend off. There are no good people on this planet so you are going to find it difficult if you were planning to look for or 'good people'. Everyone is 2 faced so i don't know what you are expecting
some people are 2 faced snake/ rat because they like to stamp on top of people so that they can feel more superior .

One of the best example, is the United States foreign policy. Treating other countries like dirt after used them.

Or better still the best example is Donald Trump. Going to a whore house. Then getting his lawyer to pay for their services. And start cursing for their services after satisfying him.
What did they say?
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Being two faced is an essential part of living a successful life.

There's another more positive term for the same thing. It's called "Being professional". Where you give all your customers the same high levels of service, regardless of what you think of them personally.

I would be a huge hypocrite if I criticised someone else for being two faced. When I am two faced myself.

However, having said that, part of "being professional" is keeping your negative thoughts to yourself. And not blabbing them on a group chat.

Your "friend" made a stupid blunder.

It's possible - depending on what they said and the context they said it in - that they may still like you. Just because you have some faults that they aired in a public place, doesn't mean to say that they hate you. They may still like you enough as a person to spend time with.
Although it's also possible that they hate your guts.

Either way, I wouldn't blame you if you treated them as an enemy for life now.

Expecting anyone to be a saint is unrealistic.
And there is a huge culture amongst teenaged schoolchildren to be negative and cynical about everything and to be positive about nothing.

But yes, the world would be a better place if more people focused on the positives and suppressed their thoughts on the negatives in other people.

I am sorry but I am talking about a friend here making negative comments, not a professional. Two are entirely different and I am so confused how you came to connect the two. Absurd.
'two-faced' is not essential to lead a successful life, and it is not a term for being professional. Honestly, I don't even know why you are talking about professionalism in a discussion about 'friends' being nasty.
Thanks anyways.
Original post by Surnia
I think it's another facet of bullying. People like that are weak and think they have to follow the crowd to be popular; they haven't got the moral courage to be the one person to be different and say 'stop' because the bullies would turn on them. They'll stand in a crowd and laugh at someone being picked on, but wouldn't have the guts to be that nasty on their own. Also, people are bolder when they get behind a keyboard and type things they wouldn't say in person.

I think at some time most of us have vented about someone else, but it's usually warranted; someone being unprofessional and annoying and you may have spoken with them about it, but you choose your words carefully. We go home from uni or work and say to friends and family and partners "you won't believe what x did today." But it's not right if it's malicious gossip for no particular reason. It sounds like your 'friend' has chosen a new crowd to hang with, but I bet they cave if you spoke to them about it! It's just whether you could get over the lack of trust you would have in them not doing it again. Sadly, I think it's time to move on from them.

Hopefully we've restored your faith in human nature, and you'll see there are some nice supportive people out there! :console:

I am over them and thinking about them makes me laugh now. They pretended to be someone they were not, so encouraging and yet talked so negatively behind my back, putting me down. It makes it worse that I got the screenshots from the group chat. I don't know, I think for me their behaviour is so abnormal that I can't even begin to find the logic in talking **** about someone behind their back, just say it to the person but no, they have to be a coward.
Maybe you done something wrong or you pissed your friend off. There are no good people on this planet so you are going to find it difficult if you were planning to look for or 'good people'. Everyone is 2 faced so i don't know what you are expecting

no, even if i pissed them off, people need to be upfront more often, tell me. don't talk about me in a group chat with others. that is just so humiliating. and rude. and inconsiderate. and impolite. u get the picture

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending