The Student Room Group

how to get a girl over text

for a girl that i know likes me. after saying the norms (hey, u alright etc..) what should i do after?
Ask her questions about herself and what she likes, girls love it when guys actually talk to them about their interests and views on things. Then ask her if she wants to meet up
Follow the above advice.
Make sure to ask open ended questions that require more than a one word response and then ask follow up questions. Add your own thoughts as well.
Then if the texting is going well after 2-3 days ask her to meet for coffee - or whatever that would be casual.
Ok thanks guys. So if i ask her to go coffee shop or anywhere to eat, am i supposed to pay for her food?
sorry im new to this lol
Here's a rule: NO SMALL TALK. I can't think of one time someone has said "how are you?" that I haven't rolled my eyes in boredom. Also, girls love the chase just as much as guys - so think quality over quantity. Make everything you say online something interesting, but something that's actually something you would say. You want her to want to meet up with you; if your chat is bad online - what's it going to be like in person? Be quirky and funny. Ask them random good questions. Mention movies you like, which is a great segway to ask her to a movie. Considering I don't know whether you've met her in person yet, the movies are great because they're non-confrontational and chill. 'Coffee' is a little intense, dependent on your age.
Original post by hunzbunz123
Here's a rule: NO SMALL TALK. I can't think of one time someone has said "how are you?" that I haven't rolled my eyes in boredom. Also, girls love the chase just as much as guys - so think quality over quantity. Make everything you say online something interesting, but something that's actually something you would say. You want her to want to meet up with you; if your chat is bad online - what's it going to be like in person? Be quirky and funny. Ask them random good questions. Mention movies you like, which is a great segway to ask her to a movie. Considering I don't know whether you've met her in person yet, the movies are great because they're non-confrontational and chill. 'Coffee' is a little intense, dependent on your age.

so even when i start the conversation dont say how are u? and what do u mean by girls love the chase. im 17 btw
Original post by Anonymous
Ask her questions about herself and what she likes, girls love it when guys actually talk to them about their interests and views on things. Then ask her if she wants to meet up

Thats cleaver............Follow that
so even when i start the conversation dont say how are u? and what do u mean by girls love the chase. im 17 btw

Hey, I'm also 17. So the idea of the chase is quality over quantity. Everytime she sends you something, don't open it/reply to it for at least 5 minutes otherwise she's going to think your creepy/obsessed with her (we're over-analysers, but it's the truth). From there have like a mini convo for like half an hour/an hour, and then like randomly don't reply for a couple of hours. Sometimes, its affective (like she'll randomly start texting you heaps) if you have a very engaging convo (like 5 min back-to-back replies) and then don't reply for like 10-12 hours. but you could only do this like once a week or fortnight. You are basically an elastic band; you come close and then you spring away. As a human being, we are attracted to people who are seemingly 'ungettable;' following the saying that 'nothing good ever comes easy.' Same goes for girls. You're comments should be witty, intellectual or pointed at her if you want to gain her attention and interest.
Hey, I'm also 17. So the idea of the chase is quality over quantity. Everytime she sends you something, don't open it/reply to it for at least 5 minutes otherwise she's going to think your creepy/obsessed with her (we're over-analysers, but it's the truth). From there have like a mini convo for like half an hour/an hour, and then like randomly don't reply for a couple of hours. Sometimes, its affective (like she'll randomly start texting you heaps) if you have a very engaging convo (like 5 min back-to-back replies) and then don't reply for like 10-12 hours. but you could only do this like once a week or fortnight. You are basically an elastic band; you come close and then you spring away. As a human being, we are attracted to people who are seemingly 'ungettable;' following the saying that 'nothing good ever comes easy.' Same goes for girls. You're comments should be witty, intellectual or pointed at her if you want to gain her attention and interest.

so how often should i say how attractive she is or am i even supposed to tell her?

and when should i ask her to meet up
I’ve recently had an experience like this with a guy over text. I knew that he liked me and I think he knew that I kinda liked him. He started messaging me and what I liked was that it was never just a simple convo that lasted 5 mins. Every time he would message me he would ask me about myself and he would ask questions to show that he was interested and I would ask back until we ended up talking about something so random that had nothing to do with how the convo started. I had only met him a few times and it was always in a group setting so I never really got to know him enough to know how much I liked him and personally, I would much rather meet up and get to know eachother in person rather than over text. My advice would be to ask her if she would be interested in meeting up with you, that way you can really get to know eachother personality better and if she’s says no then atleast you know that she’s just not that into you. Neither me or the guy I was talking to ended up asking to meet up and out conversations just kinda stopped because I personally felt that I was wasting my time with him since I didn’t really get to know him well enough to know if I really liked him. I hope it all goes well with you!
so how often should i say how attractive she is or am i even supposed to tell her?

It's nice to call someone attractive; when it's in context - or if you see/hear that she's going out, tell her that she looks good. Just don't say it too much; sometimes if you say something like that too often it loses it's meaning.
and when should i ask her to meet up

If you guys are in a super convo (like you feel like she's enjoying the convo) or if she talks about a movie that's coming out/if you talk about movies (best conversation topic for this very reason) just be like oh we should go see it together or whatever

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending