The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aalixyh
645 b2 😫

ohh that's decent I got 630, lets just hope for the best.
Also guys I sent my ucas yesterday, I put 2 medicine courses, 1 EDMP and med with foundation yr course. The last one can be biomedical sciences right?
Original post by THEallstar2111
Also guys I sent my ucas yesterday, I put 2 medicine courses, 1 EDMP and med with foundation yr course. The last one can be biomedical sciences right?

The last one can be any course but not medicine. It can be biomedical science
alright thank you.

Original post by Mohammad Eisa
The last one can be any course but not medicine. It can be biomedical science
good luck all of you guys ive just sent in my application!!!
So, I’m looking to apply to kings extended m divine as one of my options, however my address fits into band 2 out of five in their postcode ranking (It states that you must live in a band 4 or 5 area).However I do believe that this is highly unrepresentitvw of the area that I live in and the school that I attended, nor does it correlate with my living situation.When I go to other university websites, on nearly all sites I am eligible for contextual offers due to my postcode, which is very strange.Additionally, I’m predicted A*A*A and some people say that if you have grades for normal medicine they reject you.The Only reason I am still applying is as I know two people who were accepted onto the course two years ago with 3As at a level, they reassured me that I wouldn’t automatically be rejected.
Is it a waste of me applying????
Original post by SilverLipa
So, I’m looking to apply to kings extended m divine as one of my options, however my address fits into band 2 out of five in their postcode ranking (It states that you must live in a band 4 or 5 area).However I do believe that this is highly unrepresentitvw of the area that I live in and the school that I attended, nor does it correlate with my living situation.When I go to other university websites, on nearly all sites I am eligible for contextual offers due to my postcode, which is very strange.Additionally, I’m predicted A*A*A and some people say that if you have grades for normal medicine they reject you.The Only reason I am still applying is as I know two people who were accepted onto the course two years ago with 3As at a level, they reassured me that I wouldn’t automatically be rejected.

you wont be rejected because of your presicted grades but make sure you meet eligibility requirments like e.g you go non selective state school. people are spreading misinformation about the predicted im sorry because its just to scare you out of applying so they can have spaces for themselves!!
Reply 67

If Kings give a list of requirements for the EMDP and you do not meet it, then I am afraid it will not matter that you do not agree with their decision, it would be an instant rejection. So if you do not meet Kings' specific WP criteria (not what other unis may use), there is no point in applying
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by GANFYD
If Kings give a list of requirements for the EMDP and you do not meet it, then I am afraid it will not matter that you do not agree with their decision, it woul dbe an instanct rejection. So if you do not meet Kings' specific WP criteria (not what other unis may use), there is no point in applying

Yes, obviously if you meet the requirements and eligibility you will be equally considered. abut if you dont, dont apply!

Well at the open event they said if you meet the requirements for the normal A100 course they'll probably question you on why you picked the EDMP (reasons such as bad Gcse's, average UCAT ect would be adequate i presume). There are stats on this website regarding people who got an offer in 2018. There's quite a few that achieved A*A*A and got an offer ! https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/kings_emdp_statistics
Hey guys, I applied to this course and received and email about Kings Apply. I registered with it, but when I clicked on the EMDP course, there was a section saying add your English language result? we don't have to do this if we have a 6 in English Lang right?
Original post by THEallstar2111
Hey guys, I applied to this course and received and email about Kings Apply. I registered with it, but when I clicked on the EMDP course, there was a section saying add your English language result? we don't have to do this if we have a 6 in English Lang right?

Yes, you dont have to do it as that's only for international students. If you have already obtained grade 6 or above then leave the section as it is. It's a section for additional information for international students who has done IELTS etc.
havent got a confirmation email applied yesterday... 😓 little things like that make me worried
Original post by aalixyh
havent got a confirmation email applied yesterday... 😓 little things like that make me worried

don't worry you ll get it soon. Check your spam section or wait and you ll defo get it. nothing to worry about
I’ve put my application though to some unis! What have you guys done?
Original post by Hallowkin
I’ve put my application though to some unis! What have you guys done?

I applied on the 14th I also applied to Bristol, Nottingham and Leicester. wbu
Original post by Mohammad Eisa
Yes, you dont have to do it as that's only for international students. If you have already obtained grade 6 or above then leave the section as it is. It's a section for additional information for international students who has done IELTS etc.

oh ok thank you
Hi all, just to let everyone know you are not disadvantaged if you're predicted/achieved are too high. I don't know who made this up. You just have to meet the academic requirements, achieved or predicted - ABB.

They told me they accept retakes but people who've already achieved ABB or higher will be favoured for interview selection.

Last thing I was told is that 50% of the weighting for interview selection is UCAT! I'm guessing the other 50% are GCSE's and A levels. Does anyone know if they score the personal statement?

Please can we stop spreading information that we don't know on this thread, if you're going to state something tell us how you find out otherwise it's just increasing uncertainty.

Thank you, good luck everyone
omg i hope that 50% is not UCAT!! I got 585 :frown:
Original post by Diamondo097
omg i hope that 50% is not UCAT!! I got 585 :frown:

Unfortunately it is, as I was on the phone to someone from admissions and they said that. Don't worry though because the other 50% would still include grades!

Latest

Trending

Trending