The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

I can do this! An Essex student blog

Hey All
I am so ready and determined now, now I am committed to completing my degree at University of Essex and ready to take on the challenge. I have already completed the enrolment and finally the student finance is done. Things are gonna be good this year :smile: I can feel it coming.

Although I am staying at home, the commuting is fine, I have done a lot preparation and really got myself into place where, I am a lot more of adult, there’s no way I am going to fail this year. I have had enough of saying to myself “that can wait, I will do this tomorrow” or getting up at 11am and wondering why half the day is over. So now is the day. I get my ass out of bed at 8 am.
I have also installed various applications on my iPhone that really help, for example. I use Forest and Hold so I dont use my iPhone when I’m working away on something and I also use it as timer to get self settled and also keep a log of my study days. I have also installed moodle, logged into emails and pocketessex, so I am officially ready.

I have also just started doing some pre-reading and I have also made a start on the reading materials as i already had the books on the kindle, I have spent the last 4 days including the weekend familarising myself with the key concepts and first couple of chapters and i have logged all of my deadlines and signed up to few societies while I have been online. For me its always good to get some key reading done as it gives me that chance to get a headstart.

My bag is already packed so there’s only my iPad i need to put in and headphones. I have still got to sort out the railcard and dbs, but those can wait till 18th as most of my funds are gone.

See you all later
Woohoo you can do this :rave:

What course are you on? :smile:
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Hey
I am studying a BA Social Work and now I am finally on the degree things are looking up, no more having to think about the dole queue and at least now I have sufficient reason to feel stressed, anxious and overwhelmed, so today is I’m going to finish off with more pre-reading material they have given us access to and enjoy a bit of me time before I start officially tomorrow morning.
I have practiced getting up early morning even at weekends. I even get up before my alarm clock now. It’s something I do automatically, no lays in bed for me anymore or sluggish behaviour.
@Twenty15girl Hello! How's things going for you this week? :biggrin:
Crying into a gin, maybe.
Original post by Reality Check

Reality Check coming in with a reality check :excited:

No, that's my week - you're getting confused :lol:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey

hahaha :smile: I get that! Is 3pm too early for one, do you think?
Original post by Puddles the Monkey

Stuck in AdminCP, sending help :console:
hahaha :smile: I get that! Is 3pm too early for one, do you think?

Umm.... drink responsibly? :colondollar:
Reply 10
Original post by Twenty15girl
Hey All
I am so ready and determined now, now I am committed to completing my degree at University of Essex and ready to take on the challenge. I have already completed the enrolment and finally the student finance is done. Things are gonna be good this year :smile: I can feel it coming.

Although I am staying at home, the commuting is fine, I have done a lot preparation and really got myself into place where, I am a lot more of adult, there’s no way I am going to fail this year. I have had enough of saying to myself “that can wait, I will do this tomorrow” or getting up at 11am and wondering why half the day is over. So now is the day. I get my ass out of bed at 8 am.
I have also installed various applications on my iPhone that really help, for example. I use Forest and Hold so I dont use my iPhone when I’m working away on something and I also use it as timer to get self settled and also keep a log of my study days. I have also installed moodle, logged into emails and pocketessex, so I am officially ready.

I have also just started doing some pre-reading and I have also made a start on the reading materials as i already had the books on the kindle, I have spent the last 4 days including the weekend familarising myself with the key concepts and first couple of chapters and i have logged all of my deadlines and signed up to few societies while I have been online. For me its always good to get some key reading done as it gives me that chance to get a headstart.

My bag is already packed so there’s only my iPad i need to put in and headphones. I have still got to sort out the railcard and dbs, but those can wait till 18th as most of my funds are gone.

See you all later

Hi, Just wanted to ask if u starting this September 2020?
Original post by KGB2020
Hi, Just wanted to ask if u starting this September 2020?

:pms:
Reply 12
Original post by 04MR17
:pms:

Yes I do. Was thinking to pm her anyway. Thanks for reminder.

Quick Reply