The Student Room Group

Exeter A100 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by radhi_e
hey guys,
so i've applied to Exeter but really unsure whether I'll have a chance of getting an interview
My stats are:
I'm a resit student but my a-level predictions for this year are A*,A,A
GCSE's:5a*,3a,1b
UCAT: 2830 (707.5 average) band 2
thanks guys

I think that your predictions may be a tad low as I think last year and the year before you needed 2a*a and the year before 3a*
Reply 41
Original post by DGeorge13
I think that your predictions may be a tad low as I think last year and the year before you needed 2a*a and the year before 3a*

Don't exeter put you into tiers based on your predicted grades, and then look at your UCAT. Do you think my UCAT is too low considering i'm only predicted A*,A,A ?
Original post by radhi_e
Don't exeter put you into tiers based on your predicted grades, and then look at your UCAT. Do you think my UCAT is too low considering i'm only predicted A*,A,A ?

Exeter tier people first and then go down so if more people have higher predictions than you than they have spaces to interview they would apply a cutoff in the tier above and so your UCAT would be irrelevant. I don’t think your UCAT in itself is too low though and I think that if your other options are safe then I don’t see what’s wrong with trying Exeter if you like it but you may have safer options for interviews even with your resitting due to your UCAT being high
Reply 43
Original post by radhi_e
hey guys,
so i've applied to Exeter but really unsure whether I'll have a chance of getting an interview
My stats are:
I'm a resit student but my a-level predictions for this year are A*,A,A
GCSE's:5a*,3a,1b
UCAT: 2830 (707.5 average) band 2
thanks guys

Exeter selet using A levels, only using UCAT if they need to select between people who fall in the same tier.
Last year the cut off was A*A*A predicted with no UCAT used and the 2 years before this it was A*A*A* and 667 UCAT for an interview
I want to go to Exeter but my grades this year were AAA and I would be the lowest tier. I was wondering if I could use Adjustments to get into Exeter even when my UCAT is low (2390)
If I get my grades up to A*A*A*
Original post by Edenaciel
I want to go to Exeter but my grades this year were AAA and I would be the lowest tier. I was wondering if I could use Adjustments to get into Exeter even when my UCAT is low (2390)

I personally don't know of any med schools using UCAS adjustments. A few went into Clearing but as far as I know, none used adjustment.

Exeter could, but no one (who's not from Exeter) would be able to tell you.

Post originally created by ecolier.
Do I stand a good chance with A*A*A predicted and 2640 (660) UCAT?
Hey, Has anyone applied with IB, and how will they rank my points if they rank A levels into tiers?
Reply 49
Original post by ciperalfust1
Hey, Has anyone applied with IB, and how will they rank my points if they rank A levels into tiers?

Same as with your HLs i think, and A*=7 A=6 B=5 and so on. So if you have 665, for example, that will be the equivalent of AAB
Original post by ciperalfust1

Hello ciperalfust1,

The equivalency between IB and A Levels for the BMBS tiering can be found here:

A*A*A*/IB42/HL777
A*A*A/IB40/HL776
A*AA/IB38/HL766
AAA/IB36/HL666

The tiers can be found in our BMBS policy. I hope this helps. Do let us know if you have any further questions that we can help you with.

Melody
What are my chances of getting an interview from university Exeter A100

GCSE : 3A*, 5A, 2B, 1C
A level (Achieved) : AAA ( biology, chemistry and maths)
Ucat : 2560 Band 2
Reply 52
Original post by Banshee123
What are my chances of getting an interview from university Exeter A100

GCSE : 3A*, 5A, 2B, 1C
A level (Achieved) : AAA ( biology, chemistry and maths)
Ucat : 2560 Band 2

For those with achieved grades, last year they needed A*AA and the 2 years before that A*A*A and a UKCAT of 670 for and interview. Nobody knows what this year will bring
Original post by GANFYD
For those with achieved grades, last year they needed A*AA and the 2 years before that A*A*A and a UKCAT of 670 for and interview. Nobody knows what this year will bring

so everyone in tier 4 and below was automatically rejected last year ?
so everyone in tier 4 and below was automatically rejected last year ?

Yes
Original post by DGeorge13
Yes

damn, well honestly they give quite a lot of preference to people with predicted grades. Half of them wont even get the requirement ( statistics shown across many unis. Exeter has reserve pools for this reason).
Reply 56
damn, well honestly they give quite a lot of preference to people with predicted grades. Half of them wont even get the requirement ( statistics shown across many unis. Exeter has reserve pools for this reason).

People with predicted grades are required to get one grade higher than those with achieved to be in the same year, so needed A*A*A predicted last year and A*A*A* for the two years before
Original post by GANFYD
People with predicted grades are required to get one grade higher than those with achieved to be in the same year, so needed A*A*A predicted last year and A*A*A* for the two years before

I phoned Exeter twice and they said they had between 1400-1600 applications , 800 interviews, 500-600 offers. Excluding people who had WP point etc that gave them guaranteed interviews, all other ppl had interview had A*A*A prediction or more ?

Btw Just wanted to get it out there; the typical offer is AAA, so if they're gonna give out typical offers to these students, why not just give it someone who already has it instead of taking risks with ppl who just have predictions.

I feel like it's kinda pointless applying Exeter with AAA if the outcome is no interview. They should completely remove tier 5. People who are predicted AAA without WP are under the impression they have a 'chance'. Completely ridiculous.

Anyways thank YOU. You are always replying to ppl post. Gotta give credit where it's due ygm.
Reply 58
I phoned Exeter twice and they said they had between 1400-1600 applications , 800 interviews, 500-600 offers. Excluding people who had WP point etc that gave them guaranteed interviews, all other ppl had interview had A*A*A prediction or more ?

Btw Just wanted to get it out there; the typical offer is AAA, so if they're gonna give out typical offers to these students, why not just give it someone who already has it instead of taking risks with ppl who just have predictions.

I feel like it's kinda pointless applying Exeter with AAA if the outcome is no interview. They should completely remove tier 5. People who are predicted AAA without WP are under the impression they have a 'chance'. Completely ridiculous.

Anyways thank YOU. You are always replying to ppl post. Gotta give credit where it's due ygm.

They are like all med schools, and do not want to put anybody off applying, even if, like you say, they have stood no chance of being interviewed in recent years!
Hi, when are the interview dates in Exeter?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending