The Student Room Group

Student loan and tuition fee

So I studied a course in 2016, which I then changed to my the course that I’m studying now. In the 2nd year of the course that I’m studying now I failed 3 modules which meant that I have to repeat the year. I failed these modules due to a domestic violence situation that I received evidence of the situation occurring and sent to student finance with a letter explaining the situation and how it affected my studies more in depth. Before I even sent this letter SFE was fine with paying my tuition for this year but now are not accepting my application as they ‘need more evidence’ of the situation and how it affected my studies by a professional person even though at the time the only people who knew about the situation was friends and the nurse in the hospital that treated me (who already provided the letter but not mentioning my studies). The university said that SFE will provide 3 years +1 extra year, but when I called SFE they said they do that but because I studied a year in a previous course they wouldn’t be able to fund my tuition for this year but I will still be able to get maintenance loan. Does anyone know what I’ll be able to do as I’m struggling right now with options..
Original post by Meleanor1998
So I studied a course in 2016, which I then changed to my the course that I’m studying now. In the 2nd year of the course that I’m studying now I failed 3 modules which meant that I have to repeat the year. I failed these modules due to a domestic violence situation that I received evidence of the situation occurring and sent to student finance with a letter explaining the situation and how it affected my studies more in depth. Before I even sent this letter SFE was fine with paying my tuition for this year but now are not accepting my application as they ‘need more evidence’ of the situation and how it affected my studies by a professional person even though at the time the only people who knew about the situation was friends and the nurse in the hospital that treated me (who already provided the letter but not mentioning my studies). The university said that SFE will provide 3 years +1 extra year, but when I called SFE they said they do that but because I studied a year in a previous course they wouldn’t be able to fund my tuition for this year but I will still be able to get maintenance loan. Does anyone know what I’ll be able to do as I’m struggling right now with options..

Is anyone at your university aware of your situation and able to write to SFE to explain the impact on your studies?

Your student support team should be able to help you in dealing with SFE and also dealing with your universities finance team about delaying demands for tuition fees while the situation is resolved.
Original post by Meleanor1998

Hi,

It would be best for us to look into your account to help you with this query so that we can confirm why your evidence could not be accepted. Please contact us through Facebook or Twitter with your Customer Reference Number.

Warm regards, Tégan

Quick Reply

Latest