The Student Room Group

Cambridge SAQ Law

Hi,

I'm aware that many leave the additional information section blank, but I was wondering if it was worth mentioning the Erasmus+ scheme, specifically concerning the opportunity to study in France. I perhaps could draw examples from my A-Level French course to demonstrate my interest.
I could also talk about how Roman Law is compulsory in the first year there and how the French legal system is based on civil rather than common law - the former being heavily influenced by the Romans.

Would it be worth mentioning or shall I not concern myself too much with it?

Thank you in advance.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by anonymous_1947
Hi,

I'm aware that many leave the additional information section blank, but I was wondering if it was worth mentioning the Erasmus+ scheme, specifically concerning the opportunity to study in France. I perhaps could draw examples from my A-Level French course to demonstrate my interest.
I could also talk about how Roman Law is compulsory in the first year there and how the French legal system is based on civil rather than common law - the former being heavily influenced by the Romans.

Would it be worth mentionning or shall I not concern myself too much with it?

Thank you in advance.

I know that most ATs would prefer that you left it blank rather than filled it in for the sake of it. I don't really think you're saying anything valuable here, so I'd leave it blank. Oh, and Civil Law is BORING!
Original post by Reality Check
I know that most ATs would prefer that you left it blank rather than filled it in for the sake of it. I don't really think you're saying anything valuable here, so I'd leave it blank. Oh, and Civil Law is BORING!

Thanks for your advice and honesty - and you're probably right about civil law (more of a reflection on me as a person tbh).
Original post by anonymous_1947
Thanks for your advice and honesty - and you're probably right about civil law (more of a reflection on me as a person tbh).

You're welcome :smile: I was being a bit flippant about Civil - I remember the vast majority of us really didn't like it, but there was a hardcore of people who loved it (and did Civil 2). You might end up in the latter camp.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending