The Student Room Group

HELP!

I really want to study finance at uni and become a financial analyst but I didn’t take a level maths as it was not available to me. I achieved an A in maths at GCSE and have a maths related EPQ alongside economics a-level , does anybody know good uni’s with finance / accounting courses that do not require a level maths
You should be ok as long as your economics grades are good. If I were you I’d have a google about some of the finance courses in universities you know about and see what it comes up with. As you got an A at GCSE most unis will (in my opinion) likely accept that alongside economics. You could also check out the league tables for the top unis for finance and see what they require or checkout the UCAS website
Reply 2
Why couldn’t you take a level maths? Seems very weird to me if a college would be able to provide it. Did you not have the option to study at a different institution were maths was offered?
Reply 3
Original post by lcrabt21
You should be ok as long as your economics grades are good. If I were you I’d have a google about some of the finance courses in universities you know about and see what it comes up with. As you got an A at GCSE most unis will (in my opinion) likely accept that alongside economics. You could also check out the league tables for the top unis for finance and see what they require or checkout the UCAS website

Thank you , I will
Reply 4
Original post by Deggs_14
Why couldn’t you take a level maths? Seems very weird to me if a college would be able to provide it. Did you not have the option to study at a different institution were maths was offered?

A level maths was only eligible for student who were predicted the grade , these students had to then attend mandatory classes for the course , as I was not predicted the grade I was not allowed to attend the classes which meant I was not able to choose maths
Original post by Cstubbings
Thank you , I will

Let me know how it goes for you! I’m only assuming the maths will be ok but don’t take my word for it. I’m just making the decision based on the course I want to do (Psychology) which one Russel Groups will accept you without A level maths if you got a 7 or above (or A-A*)
Reply 6
Let me know how it goes for you! I’m only assuming the maths will be ok but don’t take my word for it. I’m just making the decision based on the course I want to do (Psychology) which one Russel Groups will accept you without A level maths if you got a 7 or above (or A-A*)

I have researched some courses LSE doesn’t require it for a finance and accounting course however Warwick do. Warwick , however , does offer a good management course with a finance aspect
Original post by Cstubbings
I have researched some courses LSE doesn’t require it for a finance and accounting course however Warwick do. Warwick , however , does offer a good management course with a finance aspect

That’s good! And do remember, you don’t need to go to a Russel group, or necessarily a top university, so there will definitely be at least a few courses out there for you!
Reply 8
That’s good! And do remember, you don’t need to go to a Russel group, or necessarily a top university, so there will definitely be at least a few courses out there for you!

Thanks for all your support!

Quick Reply

Latest