The Student Room Group

I want the meaning of this

I was very stupid and I know I did wrong.

I felt a manager liked me as she showed me signs at the time. She also showed me deep kindness by letting me not turn up to work regularly and turn up late all the time, anyway oneday I turned up drunk so she eventually sacked me.
I emailed her asking her for a reference which she gave.
But one day awhile after I was sacked I was in a town centre and I all of a sudden saw her in the corner of my eye rushing towards me with a pram nearly hitting me with it, I almost had to jump out of the way, she passed me looking non-content. I'm very confused and hurt and not sure what this mean, what did that mean?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I was very stupid and I know I did wrong.

I felt a manager liked me as she showed me signs at the time. She also showed me deep kindness by letting me not turn up to work regularly and turn up late all the time, anyway oneday I turned up drunk so she eventually sacked me.
I emailed her asking her for a reference which she gave.
But one day awhile after I was sacked I was in a town centre and I all of a sudden saw her in the corner of my eye rushing towards me with a pram nearly hitting me with it, I almost had to jump out of the way, she passed me looking non-content. I'm very confused and hurt and not sure what this mean, what did that mean?

It seems like you misinterpreted a professional working relationship and you also took advantage a little by turning up drunk to work. I think its best to just learn from mistakes (and its good you recognise this in your first sentence) and move on.
Reply 2
Original post by 0le
It seems like you misinterpreted a professional working relationship and you also took advantage a little by turning up drunk to work. I think its best to just learn from mistakes (and its good you recognise this in your first sentence) and move on.

Thanks for that, your right I should learn from mistakes. But I was just confused why she acted the way she did when she saw me again some good time after I was sacked
Reply 3
Thanks for that, your right I should learn from mistakes. But I was just confused why she acted the way she did when she saw me again some good time after I was sacked

She had her kid with her so the most likely explanation is that the kid was probably the focus of all her attention. It is also possible she didn't recognize you or see you. I guess there is an outside possibility she didn't want to talk to you but you have to remember she doesn't have to talk to you.
Don't think too deep you may drown on your own thoughts.
Reply 5
Original post by 0le
She had her kid with her so the most likely explanation is that the kid was probably the focus of all her attention. It is also possible she didn't recognize you or see you. I guess there is an outside possibility she didn't want to talk to you but you have to remember she doesn't have to talk to you.

I know she doesn't have to talk with me.
I never approached her nor was I going in her direction. I just wanted to know what were her emotions were as id hate to think she was scared or something silly like that
It means she wacko
Reply 7
It means she wacko

Why?
Didn't you post this before?
Reply 9
Original post by ageshallnot
Didn't you post this before?

Yeah but rephrased the question as people complained it was badly written
Yeah but rephrased the question as people complained it was badly written

Ok.

My conclusion is that she thinks you are a waste of space.
Original post by ageshallnot
Ok.

My conclusion is that she thinks you are a waste of space.

What makes you say that
What makes you say that

Your behaviour and her response.
Reply 13
What makes you say that

You turned up late regularly and then wanted to turn up drunk. Who wouldn’t think you’re a waste of space as an employee being that reliable and irresponsible?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Bio 7
You turned up late regularly and then wanted to turn up drunk. Who wouldn’t think you’re a waste of space as an employee being that reliable and irresponsible?

I know I was stupid and deeply regret it. Just confused by her response that day in town. We got on so well and I ruined it.
Reply 15
I know I was stupid and deeply regret it. Just confused by her response that day in town. We got on so well and I ruined it.

Clearly she isn’t interested in talking to you, or she didn’t see you. However if you haven’t had contact since she fired you then the first is quite likely.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending