The Student Room Group

Feeling insecure when it comes to white girls

I am a girl and I have a preference of white guys.

A few months ago I found out that a guy I liked, likes white girls.

After hearing this and other stuff, I started to view myself in a small way.
Whenever I would go out and look at the girls he would like, I started to feel bad and would think that no-one will like me.

Any advice?

I don't have much to say apart from I feel insecure from them.
Original post by Anonymous
A few months ago I found out that a guy I liked, likes white girls.

After hearing this and other stuff, I started to view myself in a small way.

why does someone having a racial preference that includes you make you feel worse?
Reply 2
Original post by HoldThisL
why does someone having a racial preference that includes you make you feel worse?

Because I liked him.

I can't say for sure, but I didn't know he had a preference. I got told and then I realised that he probably didn't go for me because he just wouldn't go for someone like me.
Because I liked him.

I can't say for sure, but I didn't know he had a preference. I got told and then I realised that he probably didn't go for me because he just wouldn't go for someone like me.

did you ever make a move on him, or even spend time with him?
Reply 4
Original post by HoldThisL
did you ever make a move on him, or even spend time with him?

Honestly speaking, I thought he liked me. I even tried to add him on social media but he didn't add me back. I fully got the impression he did. A close friend did tell me stuff about him.
There are white guys who also like brown and black girls. There's a lot of fish in the ocean. Don't rush, don't worry.
Reply 6
There are white guys who also like brown and black girls. There's a lot of fish in the ocean. Don't rush, don't worry.

It is just that I had the impression he did.

But after learning some stuff I started to view myself in a small way.
It is just that I had the impression he did.

But after learning some stuff I started to view myself in a small way.

I'm sorry to hear. What makes you view yourself in a small way due to his preference?
Reply 8
I'm sorry to hear. What makes you view yourself in a small way due to his preference?

To be honest in my view white girls are pretty and I feel as if he wouldn't go for me not because of this but because he probably wouldn't want someone like me.
To be honest in my view white girls are pretty and I feel as if he wouldn't go for me not because of this but because he probably wouldn't want someone like me.

But there's nothing wrong with you. And it's okay if he doesn't feel romantically connected to you.
But there's nothing wrong with you. And it's okay if he doesn't feel romantically connected to you.

It's perfectly fine, I just thought he did.

Thanks though :smile:
It's perfectly fine, I just thought he did.

Thanks though :smile:

No worries. Value yourself more than anything else in life.
Don't start feeling insecure. :smile:
Different people have different sexual preferences and attraction deal breakers.
Plenty of fish in the sea, guys you are attracted to who will be interested in dating you.

There are guys that you won't be attracted to.
There are also guys that won't be attracted to you.
There are also the guys that you will wish were never attracted to you- weirdos, criminals, guys that always want to borrow money.
Very few women have a preference for white guys over other ethnicities. Although some women will consider a white guy if he is a babyfaced prettyboy (but will view ugly masculine or mature-faced white men as unattractive)

It sounds like you were fixated on a guy who was in the top 10% in terms of physical appearance and personality. So he might have a few dating options while the majority of men dont have any options.
Original post by artist905
Very few women have a preference for white guys over other ethnicities. Although some women will consider a white guy if he is a babyfaced prettyboy (but will view ugly masculine or mature-faced white men as unattractive)

It sounds like you were fixated on a guy who was in the top 10% in terms of physical appearance and personality. So he might have a few dating options while the majority of men dont have any options.

In my opinion I think quite a few women do go for them.

I wasn't fixated on him. He just gave signs and now when I went to add him turns out he didn't add me.

I didn't even know him, I never spoke to him. I just wanted to get to know him because of the signs.
This is funny to me because I'm white (well actually I'm a Semite/Jew) but I only have a preference for brown skinned girls. This is a matter of taste and you shouldn't feel that every single boy out there likes a white girl, because people like me have a different preference
Original post by DR.DOOM
This is funny to me because I'm white (well actually I'm a Semite/Jew) but I only have a preference for brown skinned girls. This is a matter of taste and you shouldn't feel that every single boy out there likes a white girl, because people like me have a different preference

My problem was he gave signs and now I just feel crap, I feel as if I should have made more effort
My problem was he gave signs and now I just feel crap, I feel as if I should have made more effort

so? I've been given "signs" from countless girls in my time and they did the same to me and I made effort. This is part of the learning process because in life sometimes, even in the game of business, we are given "signs" that we are lead to something that can be amazing for us but in the end we don't get what we want. We might want to buy those pair of Yeezys that Adidas release so we can make a quick profit but in most cases we won't get them, we might think we performed brilliantly at a job interview and all the interviewers liked us but we don't get the job. I'm not trying to seem a bit mean here but this is how life is and it's good to experience it because then you learn that when people can't accept you for who you are, you shouldn't care. You move on and learn.

Never trust anyone is the main message, because behind a physical appearance, that person can be planning all sorts of things
What race are you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending