The Student Room Group

can i do maths higher privately

so i was doing higher for maths from year 7, 8,9 when i started year 10 i was told that i was going to foundation for maths i was gutted and still am
:frown: i asked if there was any Chance of moving up and they said no.
is it like possible if i can do maths higher privately if so could you tell me how it works .
Original post by itsnonamelol
so i was doing higher for maths from year 7, 8,9 when i started year 10 i was told that i was going to foundation for maths i was gutted and still am
:frown: i asked if there was any Chance of moving up and they said no.
is it like possible if i can do maths higher privately if so could you tell me how it works .

No you can't do both - the exams are on at the same time. Year 10 is very early to make a decision on the level - can your parents get involved?
Original post by Muttley79
No you can't do both - the exams are on at the same time. Year 10 is very early to make a decision on the level - can your parents get involved?

dammn so i would have to cancel my foundation paper and do higher privately or it doesn't work that way , yeah my parents want to have a meeting but i really doubt they would let me do higher :frown:
dammn so i would have to cancel my foundation paper and do higher privately or it doesn't work that way , yeah my parents want to have a meeting but i really doubt they would let me do higher :frown:

What sort of grades are you getting?

We don't make a final decision until December of Year 11.
What sort of grades are you getting?

We don't make a final decision until December of Year 11.

my last assessment i got a grade 5 (higher paper )
(edited 4 years ago)
my last assessment i got a grade 5 (higher paper )

Why on earth have you been put down to Foundation then?
Why on earth have you been put down to Foundation then?

i generally dont know , hopefully they let me do higher
i generally dont know , hopefully they let me do higher

I teach Maths - the only people who would be just doing Foundation topics in Year 10 would be those at grade 1 or 2.
I teach Maths - the only people who would be just doing Foundation topics in Year 10 would be those at grade 1 or 2.

oh okay, im just waiting on up coming tests so i can prove my self . Thanks for the information
oh okay, im just waiting on up coming tests so i can prove my self . Thanks for the information

That was how it worked when I taught in a comp - anyone working at 3 or above in Year 10 would be a group being taught some higher topics to see how they get on with them. Final entry tier decided after Year 11 mocks.
That was how it worked when I taught in a comp - anyone working at 3 or above in Year 10 would be a group being taught some higher topics to see how they get on with them. Final entry tier decided after Year 11 mocks.

year 11 mocks ,wow i have a lot of time to move up / prove my self
year 11 mocks ,wow i have a lot of time to move up / prove my self

Only if you are being taught Higher content .... check what your school is doing.
Only if you are being taught Higher content .... check what your school is doing.

since the start of year 10 i have been doing foundation , but im learning the higher topics on the side , in case of any chances

Quick Reply

Latest