The Student Room Group

Girls, would you mind if a random guy approached you in public?

If a random guy approached you whilst shopping and was nice, complemented you and said I would love to get to know you more, then asked for your number would that be weird or would you like it? Also if he was good looking would that make it more ok?*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CraigoNufc
If a random guy approached you whilst shopping and was nice, complemented you and said I would love to get to know you more, then asked for your number would that be weird or would you like it? *

Not at all, if not done in an aggressive or creepy manner and respectfully accepts if it is a 'no'.

Also if he was good looking would that make it more ok?*

That could help :wink:
If a random guy approached you whilst shopping and was nice, complemented you and said I would love to get to know you more, then asked for your number would that be weird or would you like it? Also if he was good looking would that make it more ok?*

Compliment and complement are two different words.

And, no - it wouldn't be alright. It's alright if the other person is OK with it but you can't just be selfish and decide for them that they want to be approached by you. Have some self-restraint. Just because someone attracts you, doesn't mean you can take it upon yourself and approach them. Unless they give you a clear sign, then don't.

Don't be a creep.

Honestly, I'd find it creepy and I'd be a bit scared. In the world we live in now, and the things I know, no way would I be comfortable with a strange guy coming up to me and asking for personal details like that.
Original post by Anonymous

And, no - it wouldn't be alright. It's alright if the other person is OK with it but you can't just be selfish and decide for them that they want to be approached by you. Have some self-restraint. Just because someone attracts you, doesn't mean you can take it upon yourself and approach them. Unless they give you a clear sign, then don't.

Don't be a creep.

TBF to the OP, how is a person supposed to know that someone else doesn't want to be approached. Sometimes body language signals are unclear and they may not have even spotted you in the first place.

Plus, I bet you wouldn't be saying they were a creep if they were attractive
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous

Don't be a creep.

So how the hell are people supposed to meet? More to dating than online dating! nothing wrong at all in it, plenty of people meet like that and have kids, does it really matter how someone meets? regardless of how, we would go on a date anyway
Reply 6
Original post by DrawTheLine
Honestly, I'd find it creepy and I'd be a bit scared. In the world we live in now, and the things I know, no way would I be comfortable with a strange guy coming up to me and asking for personal details like that.

Online dating is a strange guy, you chat to him but you dont know him! Least this way you have seen him in person and you could go on a nice date and fall in love
Reply 7
Original post by MWills99
TBF to the OP, how is a person supposed to know that someone else doesn't want to be approached.

It's easier to assume that most people don't want their day interrupted by a complete stranger being creepy as ****.
Reply 8
Original post by Drewski
It's easier to assume that most people don't want their day interrupted by a complete stranger being creepy as ****.

Being nice and kind is not creepy...
um i find that its fine when someone compliments me but asking for my phone number is creepy
Being nice and kind is not creepy...

If you were truly being nice and kind you wouldn't be creeping out strangers.

You're not being nice and kind. You're being incredibly weird.
Original post by Drewski

They could just say they aren't interested and move on with their day. Approaching people, whilst it can be seen as creepy, is a bold move, especially in this society where people lack social skills
Reply 12
Original post by ساره
um i find that its fine when someone compliments me but asking for my phone number is creepy

If you chat to him and you get along well and he wants to talk to you more, how is he supposed to without your number?
Original post by MWills99
They could just say they aren't interested and move on with their day. Approaching people, whilst it can be seen as creepy, is a bold move, especially in this society where people lack social skills

This is pua bull**** and essentially nothing but a scam. It's manipulative and rude and what makes you think he'd take no for an answer?

Social skills aren't as lacking as you think.

first off how old is he second it shouldnt matter if hes good looking or not and third he approached you sp was it creepy or not and then decide coz if hes older than you by like 5 years ew and good looks are just a bonus
as long as they don't look like some pervert, aren't old looking, don't smell and are black, then I think I wouldn't mind.
If you chat to him and you get along well and he wants to talk to you more, how is he supposed to without your number?

I don't even know them at all though. I'd just say thanks and continue walking away
Original post by khikidcf
first off how old is he second it shouldnt matter if hes good looking or not and third he approached you sp was it creepy or not and then decide coz if hes older than you by like 5 years ew and good looks are just a bonus

People react differently to certain situations depending on how good someone looks, how well they are dressed, etc. Just how things are.
Original post by Drewski
This is pua bull**** and essentially nothing but a scam. It's manipulative and rude and what makes you think he'd take no for an answer?

Social skills aren't as lacking as you think.

What about approaching someone you find attractive is manipulative and rude? Like with any situation in courting, when it doesn't look like it will progress further you move on, like any normal person.

Plus in my experience there are a lot of people lacking social skills.
you can't predict what will happen, you just have to shoot your shot and be prepared for any outcome.
She might be into it, but also be prepared that she may freak out.

Do you have any mutual friends or is it a complete stranger?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending