The Student Room Group

Foundation Art And Design

I was wondering if I did a foundation art and design course I could centre it just around photography? And how would they do it as most people would be doing art?
a foundation course is a fantastic opportunity to explore all areas in art & design before choosing your "path" in the creative industries.

in my foundation year, the first term (sep-dec) was spent with weekly clases classified as media experimentation and exploration with a 2 hour weekly class in 1. Art History 2. Life Drawing 3. Paint 4.Ceramics 5. Visual Communication (photography and graphic design) 6. Textiles 7. Fashion 8.Print 9.Jewellery 10. Interior Design

in January we then chose 3 modules to study for "pathway" (my thing was fashion, so i chose to study textiles, fashion and graphics, but because i had the experience of the other classes I was able to incorporate print and photography into my brief)

you study these until easter and then you have Final Major Project which is an in depth study of your chosen field in preparation for exhibition.

its a fantastic course and can be done for free at some FE colleges
Original post by OpalFruit__
I was wondering if I did a foundation art and design course I could centre it just around photography? And how would they do it as most people would be doing art?

Look for a lens based or media pathway version of the course.

You’d still have to do the exploratory first section but you could explore film/moving image or different styles of photography.

Quick Reply

Latest