The Student Room Group

kings maths sixth form

im in year 11 and these are the subjects and here are the grades ill prolly get could i get into kings maths school for sixth form
maths-9
physics,chemistry,bio-9
computing-9
geography-8
English language-7
literature-7
german-6 maybe a 7
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Aryan108
im in year 11 and these are the subjects and here are the grades ill prolly get could oi get into kings maths school for sixth form
maths-9
physics,chemistry,bio-9
computing-9
geography-8
English language-7
literature-7
german-6 maybe a 7

Good luck on your application then :biggrin:
Reply 2
so is that a yes or a no is it likely ill be accepted or is it just for all 9ers
Reply 3
Original post by Hazzabear
Good luck on your application then :biggrin:

i dont understand are u being sarcastuc is that nit good enough lol thats kinda stressing me out then but be honest what do u mean good luck?
i got into that school but ended up going tiffins. All you need is a 8 in maths and 7 in physics/computing to get in. You also have to do good in their interviews
Reply 5
Original post by bingbangbong11
i got into that school but ended up going tiffins. All you need is a 8 in maths and 7 in physics/computing to get in. You also have to do good in their interviews

tiffijns is better?
Reply 6
I literally want to go to the best one idgaf abouyt commute but I cant get higher than those grades
tiffijns is better?

yea for me it was cuz that's the school I was already at. But if you want to go into any mathy subject, go kings. Like physics/engineering/maths/economics etc. But all im gonna say is, last year 7 people applied to study engineering at Cambridge from tiffins, all 7 got in.

here are the leavers destination
http://www.tiffinschool.co.uk/_docs/sixthform/University%20Destinations%202019.pdf
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by bingbangbong11
yea for me it was cuz that's the school I was already at. But if you want to go into any mathy subject, go kings. Like physics/engineering/maths/economics etc. But all im gonna say is, last year 7 people applied to study engineering at Cambridge from tiffins, all 7 got in.

im applyoing for every single sixth form peple tell me that are good but uno i go drayton and the sixth form is **** so idek
im applyoing for every single sixth form peple tell me that are good but uno i go drayton and the sixth form is **** so idek

that's a good idea, apply to all the best sixth forms and chose between the ones you get accepted to. ( highly recommend tiffins tho)
Reply 10
deos where u go sixth form have an adverse effect on ur uni application I feel trhats a bit mad shouldn't it just be what ur grades are?
deos where u go sixth form have an adverse effect on ur uni application I feel trhats a bit mad shouldn't it just be what ur grades are?

nah it doesn't

It doesnt, Uni applications have nothing to do with what school you went to really.

The only time it matters is if you go to a school woefully underperforming, Unis are alerted to this as an extenuating circumstance (this is at places where the average a-levels achieved are like DDE). Most Unis only take this into consideration if a students misses their grades ie lets say they required AAA but get AAB but went to an underperforming school, the uni might let it slide.

Although indirectly it does matter, as teaching & resources is not the same at every school, hence going to schools with these makes a big difference in maximising a students ability.
i dont understand are u being sarcastuc is that nit good enough lol thats kinda stressing me out then but be honest what do u mean good luck?

You have now changed your original post, beforehand, you weren't asking if you were good enough you just said I would probably get in. I was just being friendly, not sarcastic.

Your grades are strong, so as long as you get that in the actual exams, then you might have a possibility of getting in. Does king's sixth form have entry requirements? Have you had a look?
im in year 11 and these are the subjects and here are the grades ill prolly get could i get into kings maths school for sixth form
maths-9
physics,chemistry,bio-9
computing-9
geography-8
English language-7
literature-7
german-6 maybe a 7

Your grades would be fine for KCLMS, you need a 7 in physics and an 8 in maths (and certain requirements in English), they don’t really focus on grades in the admissions process anyway, it’s more on the exam and interviews:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest