The Student Room Group

Police camera vans uk

I was coming from a 30 to a 40 and I spotted a camera van, it was on my side of the road and it was facing me but the camera was facing the other way as if it was catching people on the other side. I did notice a camera at the front but that plastic case wasn’t open like the back camera was. I don’t know if it can still catch me. Anyway I realised I was doing 42-43 in the 40 zone. As soon as I saw it I slowed down. Will it catch me even thought it was on the same side of the road as me?E05BDE93-41D0-47D4-A358-8A116954E5EC.jpg I have posted a picture of the camera van from my dash cam.
(edited 4 years ago)
Hey first of all don’t panic 😂 if you have been caught and it’s the only time you’ve been caught speeding in past 2 years they will most likely offer you a course to complete but you won’t pay a fine or suffer any points. The course is there to give drivers a chance to learn about speeding and change their behaviours. I went on one (35 in a 30 Zone) and I don’t speed now as I know it’s just not worth it, genuinely it’s not. I wouldn’t worry all you can do is wait you may not have been caught as they normally patrol the opposite side of the road they are monitoring for the cam distances and accuracy for reading speed. I would maybe take this as a lesson though I know you weren’t going that fast but it’s still over the speed limit and you just have to think is having £100 less in your pocket and 6 points to declare on your license for jobs and background check worth 5mp? This is the thinking that changed my mind after my experience.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Clara.vangogh
Hey first of all don’t panic 😂 if you have been caught and it’s the only time you’ve been caught speeding in past 2 years they will most likely offer you a course to complete but you won’t pay a fine or suffer any points. The course is there to give drivers a chance to learn about speeding and change their behaviours. I went on one (35 in a 30 Zone) and I don’t speed now as I know it’s just not worth it, genuinely it’s not. I wouldn’t worry all you can do is wait you may not have been caught as they normally patrol the opposite side of the road they are monitoring for the cam distances and accuracy for reading speed. I would maybe take this as a lesson though I know you weren’t going that fast but it’s still over the speed limit and you just have to think is having £100 less in your pocket and 6 points to declare on your license for jobs and background check worth 5mp? This is the thinking that changed my mind after my experience.

Thank you so much! Yeah I didn’t even realise I was speeding until I saw the van, and then looked at my speed😂 but that’s what I thought if they were on my side they wouldn’t really be catching people on the same side? But yeah guess only time will tell, in 2 weeks time😂
Reply 3
Original post by Sophie2467m
Thank you so much! Yeah I didn’t even realise I was speeding until I saw the van, and then looked at my speed😂 but that’s what I thought if they were on my side they wouldn’t really be catching people on the same side? But yeah guess only time will tell, in 2 weeks time😂

Most Police forces allow for a 10% extra anyway meaning unless you were 45mph or more you porbably won't be getting a ticket.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending