The Student Room Group

Should I enter Univiersty at 15?

Hello people,

first of all let me point out the fact that age is socially constructed!

I have a deep dream, it is really dear to me. I want to break a record in my country. I want to bring something for my country and for me to do that I absolutely need to go to university... of course I can wait till I'm 18 but I dont want to. I've been planning everything since I was 14 and I want to make my plan come true next year. why? simply because next year I'll be sitting for my international SC exams of cambridge and I hope,I'll be 16, I know I can, get at least 6 distinction out of 7 (yeah maths ****s as ****!language😅) so here are my questions...

1. Do we absolutely need a letter of recommendation?
2. What did you put in your CV?
3. About how much did you spend if it's not too personal?

Don't make that face! Age doesn't matter. Just answer the questions and let me do my stuffs.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
sorry I mean next year I will be 16...
Original post by kerry0013
Hello people,

first of all let me point out the fact that age is socially constructed!

I have a deep dream, it is really dear to me. I want to break a record in my country. I want to bring something for my country and for me to do that I absolutely need to go to university... of course I can wait till I'm 18 but I dont want to. I've been planning everything since I was 14 and I want to make my plan come true next year. why? simply because next year I'll be sitting for my international SC exams of cambridge and I hope,I'll be 16, I know I can, get at least 6 distinction out of 7 (yeah maths ****s as ****!language😅) so here are my questions...

1. Do we absolutely need a letter of recommendation?
2. What did you put in your CV?
3. About how much did you spend if it's not too personal?

Don't make that face! Age doesn't matter. Just answer the questions and let me do my stuffs.

How can we answer anything if we don't know what system you're working in ?
If you meet the degree requirements then maybe
But some degrees you need to be a certain age
Then if your uni isn't in your home town and you have to move you will have the issue of a place to stay
If you are intending on starting uni in 2020 then you will need to apply by Jan 15th 2020
You need to write a person statement
You need a reference from someone at school
Spend on what? Time on the application or money?

Additionally you may struggle socially- everyone will be much older (though this shouldn't hinder you) and you won't be able to go out clubbing like most people
Reply 4
Original post by Aayush :)
How can we answer anything if we don't know what system you're working in ?

sorry

my school is based on the British system. it's obvious as I said before Cambridge exams... is that what you asked?
You absolutely stink of troll. How is age socially constructed, lmao? It’s literally the number of times you go round the sun.
If you're planning to move away at 16 for uni then you'll struggle to find accommodation, especially private, as most landlords won't rent out to anyone under 18
Wouldn't recommend it.

1. You might think you're mature at your age, but you're probably not ready for that level of maturity.
2. You're underestimating how difficult university is.
3. Finding an accomodation contract will be difficult as you're a minor
4. Having a social life may be somewhat difficult.
Reply 8
Original post by bones-mccoy
If you're planning to move away at 16 for uni then you'll struggle to find accommodation, especially private, as most landlords won't rent out to anyone under 18

hey don't worry my parents will do the necessary!
Reply 9
sorry I'm not as stupid as you are, sorry if I stink troll because compared to you have purpose in life... sorry if at that age you were stupid sorry if I dont want to waste my time with you. holà man, common I'm a troll, say intelligent troll *****... and you telling me I stink? bro you smell so bad stupidity North Korea wants you as weapon... I said age is socially constructed because it is kaffir.. I'm a sociology student and yes i know...
now go to see you mama she made milk for you... because you're not stopping me man. me!!!! I'm not dump... you smell ****

You've pretty much just confirmed you're a childish troll 😂😂.
sorry I'm not as stupid as you are, sorry if I stink troll because compared to you have purpose in life... sorry if at that age you were stupid sorry if I dont want to waste my time with you. holà man, common I'm a troll, say intelligent troll *****... and you telling me I stink? bro you smell so bad stupidity North Korea wants you as weapon... I said age is socially constructed because it is kaffir.. I'm a sociology student and yes i know...
now go to see you mama she made milk for you... because you're not stopping me man. me!!!! I'm not dump... you smell ****

And you think you are mature enough to go to university?

Yeah okay, I definitely stick to my maturity point. :rofl:
1. not because I'm 15 that means I'm immature.
2. several people did it, read QUORA
3. WHO THE HELL TOLD YOU I'M GOING TO SPEND MY TIME WITH STRANGERS? IVE GOT RELATIVES THERE.
3. WHY YOU UNDERESTIMATE MYSELF
4. WHO TOLD YOU I CAN'T
5. WHO TOLD YOU AGE MATTERS
6. AGE DOES NOT MATTER OPEN MIND DOES

Hun, you can't even spell university, apparently.
Pipe down and finish your A-levels.
We know you're a troll - just stop 😂.
(edited 4 years ago)
1. not because I'm 15 that means I'm immature.

It's not your age, it's your posts in this thread that highlight your immaturity
Reply 15
Original post by girl_in_black
And you think you are mature enough to go to university?

I think I'm mature enough to defend my dreams... i got my parents who do I want more? who do I need more? not you of course! not you😘
I think I'm mature enough to defend my dreams... i got my parents who do I want more? who do I need more? not you of course! not you😘

Well, you need a university to let you in...

And while it's possible to enter when below 18, it's a child protection nightmare for them.

What would you be studying?

Good luck. If you are looking for advice, you might want to say where you are actually planning to go to university.
Reply 18
It's not your age, it's your posts in this thread that highlight your immaturity

Let me ask you just one question. Would like if you want to become a doctor and people tell you no you cannot because
1. you're immature
2. youre a troll
3. youre too young
4. CONFORM
Reply 19
Good luck. If you are looking for advice, you might want to say where you are actually planning to go to university.

I don't believe in luck I'm a hard worker and hard work pays off. i don't care what people say, my mother made me stubborn enough to stand out and against the differences and prejudices... I said 16 because as I said 16 is the age when you're no more a child, like in the period of childhood... I can legally leave home and get a job according to the UK Laws... you guys think I'm stupid when I'm not

Latest

Trending

Trending