The Student Room Group

Unconditional from Harvard AMA

Hi huns.

I just woke up to an unconditional from Harvard University. I'm from the UK but my SAT was flawless, I've been doing extracurriculars and I'm on a first name basis with the hot homeless mans outside the library.

AMA.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cheerIeader
Hi huns.

I just woke up to an unconditional from Harvard University. I'm from the UK but my SAT was flawless, I've been doing extracurriculars and I'm on a first name basis with the hot homeless mans outside the library.

AMA.

Well doon.
Congrats. All I wanted to say.
Onto which course were you accepted, troll studies?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by josman
Congratulations! Did you submit any SAT subject test scores too, or just your main SAT? I'm assuming you applied with Restrictive Early Action.

Just the main SAT, I got through early admissions because of my essay discussing all the issues I faced last year. They were really sympathetic to the cause and offered me a place almost right away.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Onto which course were you accepted, troll studies?

I've worked really hard for this place, I'd appreciate it if people could actually be happy for me. I know lots of people on this forum are competitive but also very hateful/jealous it seems. Have some compassion.
:rofl:

I really can't work you out, sometimes you post BS threads like this but other times you actually say some pretty wise things. What's yo' deal gurl.
Thanks for all the support, hun. You guys are so sweet I already feel like I belong here. <3 #EarlyAdmissions #Harvard.
Oooooh how do you get in Harvard? Plus are you going to pay? I’ve heard it’s pretty expensive compared to unis on this island but that there’s scholarships right?
Original post by ArtmisKco
Oooooh how do you get in Harvard? Plus are you going to pay? I’ve heard it’s pretty expensive compared to unis on this island but that there’s scholarships right?

I'm actually going to have to fund for it myself, but yes they do offer different types of scholarships for students. The application fees/SAT fees are also much more expensive to what we're entitled to in the UK when applying to uni/sitting exams. Also, lots of people do take out loans but they have to pay back the whole amount pretty much hun.
(edited 4 years ago)
Thanks for all the support, hun. You guys are so sweet I already feel like I belong here. <3 #EarlyAdmissions #Harvard.

#getalife
I'm actually going to have to fund for it myself, but yes they do offer different types of scholarships for students. The application fees/SAT fees are also much more expensive to what we're entitled to in the UK when applying to uni/sitting exams. Also, lots of people do take out loans but they have to pay back the whole amount pretty much hun.

Wow seems like a lot 😫 but one thing I can say is that uni or college as they call it in America is really modern and cool. The weather is great too and ppl are actually willing to be friends and chill with each other. Not here though. Ppl are cold and want to stick to their own life which I get but I like ppl interacting and getting along. It makes the world seem less sad 😁
Original post by ArtmisKco
Wow seems like a lot 😫 but one thing I can say is that uni or college as they call it in America is really modern and cool. The weather is great too and ppl are actually willing to be friends and chill with each other. Not here though. Ppl are cold and want to stick to their own life which I get but I like ppl interacting and getting along. It makes the world seem less sad 😁

I know hun. America seems great for University. I think lots of British unis are just as good but the UK system has always been more study-focused compared to the extracurriculars in America so that's the difference. That aside, I feel like British and American people are the same in terms of getting on with. Just try involving yourself in more societies and stuff. Xx
Reply 13
ok
i call bs
Original post by bad bunny
i call bs

oh really hun? well you've dialed a wrong number because it definitely isn't harvard admissions *z snaps*
oh really hun? well you've dialed a wrong number because it definitely isn't harvard admissions *z snaps*

how did you not cringe whilst writing that?🤮
Original post by bad bunny
how did you not cringe whilst writing that?🤮

i hit send with the satisfaction of an unconditional at #harvard.

also you're like really pretty hun
Hi huns.

AMA.

First off amazing well done! im sure your super-proud (as you should be)

What major? Can you give us an outline of your academics ie A-levels/GCSE/IB/other?

I do think its worth mentioning as the University admission systems are so different that an 'unconditional' is a little bit different from a US uni as this is fairly standard for them, if you have the SAT/ACT & prior school track record.
I'm actually going to have to fund for it myself

youve got £300K set aside for this?

Quick Reply