:woohoo:

Discuss...
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Glaz
:woohoo:

Discuss...

Spoiler

You want people to discuss but not talk about their opinion on abortion? Okay!!
Original post by Wired_1800
You want people to discuss but not talk about their opinion on abortion? Okay!!

Okay fair enough I didn't think that through...
About time
Original post by Glaz
Okay fair enough I didn't think that through...

That’s fair.

I hope the NI Assembly comes back to make a decision. I am not concerned about same-sex marriage but I am against abortion.
I do understand people's views about this, but this is an opinion. One person's opinion agrees with abortion, another person's opinion disagrees with abortion. Because of this, I think that abortion should be allowed by law, and it should be left up to people whether they use that right or not. Legalising abortion does not mean that you have to get an abortion, it just means that you're allowed to. If you get pregnant and you don't want to get abortion, by all means don't. If you get pregnant and you want to get an abortion, by all means do. This path should be available and it should be left up to the person whether they go down that road or not.
Does that make sense, I might have said it in a complicated way :ninja:
Original post by Glaz
I do understand people's views about this, but this is an opinion. One person's opinion agrees with abortion, another person's opinion disagrees with abortion. Because of this, I think that abortion should be allowed by law, and it should be left up to people whether they use that right or not. Legalising abortion does not mean that you have to get an abortion, it just means that you're allowed to. If you get pregnant and you don't want to get abortion, by all means don't. If you get pregnant and you want to get an abortion, by all means do. This path should be available and it should be left up to the person whether they go down that road or not.
Does that make sense, I might have said it in a complicated way :ninja:

That is an interesting point. With that logic, it means that the death penalty should be allowed because “one person's opinion agrees with it, another person's opinion disagrees with it. Because of this, I think that the death penalty should be allowed by law, and it should be left up to people whether they use that right or not.”

But then do I have to pay for another person’s abortion when I am against it? Why are my future taxes used to pay for someone killing their unborn child?
That is an interesting point. With that logic, it means that the death penalty should be allowed because “one person's opinion agrees with it, another person's opinion disagrees with it. Because of this, I think that the death penalty should be allowed by law, and it should be left up to people whether they use that right or not.”

But then do I have to pay for another person’s abortion when I am against it? Why are my future taxes used to pay for someone killing their unborn child?

There is very clearly a difference.
If someone gets the death penalty, their death will clearly affect people. Firstly it will affect them because they will know that they will die. Secondly it will affect their family who don't want them to die.
The thing with abortion (outside of life threatening causes) is that the family don't want the unborn baby - they are choosing to get rid of it. Unlike the death penalty, the family want the unborn child to be gone. Also, the unborn child itself is unborn, it will not know that it's been "killed". It will not affect it. It's not as if someone took a gun to it's head the day after it's been born. It will not know and it will not care.
Original post by Glaz
There is very clearly a difference.
If someone gets the death penalty, their death will clearly affect people. Firstly it will affect them because they will know that they will die. Secondly it will affect their family who don't want them to die.
The thing with abortion (outside of life threatening causes) is that the family don't want the unborn baby - they are choosing to get rid of it. Unlike the death penalty, the family want the unborn child to be gone. Also, the unborn child itself is unborn, it will not know that it's been "killed". It will not affect it. It's not as if someone took a gun to it's head the day after it's been born. It will not know and it will not care.

How do you know that the unborn baby is not wanted? What happens if the family wants the baby, but the woman does not want the baby? Is it wrong then?

Also, did the baby tell you that they want to be killed? If you made a decision for the baby, why cant you make a decision for another person with the death penalty?

I think we should be consistent with our support for certain causes. If we want to be allowed to kill, then it should be across the board.
Progress is a wonderful thing.

This is such a bad false equivalence that all you do is demonstrate that logic is not your strong point.
How do you know that the unborn baby is not wanted? What happens if the family wants the baby, but the woman does not want the baby? Is it wrong then?

The family consists of two people. The mother and the father. The mother's parents don't count. The father's parents don't count. They are not directly affected by this new person. The only two relevant people are the parents. If the mother wants the kid but the father doesn't or vice versa, they need to reach a consensus. They are in a relationship, meaning that they need to make a joint decision. Once the joint decision has been made then there will be no problem.
Also, did the baby tell you that they want to be killed? If you made a decision for the baby, why cant you make a decision for another person with the death penalty?

I think we should be consistent with our support for certain causes. If we want to be allowed to kill, then it should be across the board.

The baby is less than 0 years old. It cannot talk, it cannot communicate. It has no opinions. It literally cannot do anything.

TW: SUICIDAL THOUGHTS

Spoiler

Original post by Glaz
The family consists of two people. The mother and the father. The mother's parents don't count. The father's parents don't count. They are not directly affected by this new person. The only two relevant people are the parents. If the mother wants the kid but the father doesn't or vice versa, they need to reach a consensus. They are in a relationship, meaning that they need to make a joint decision. Once the joint decision has been made then there will be no problem.

The baby is less than 0 years old. It cannot talk, it cannot communicate. It has no opinions. It literally cannot do anything.

TW: SUICIDAL THOUGHTS

Spoiler

I am so sorry to read what you are going through. Nobody should go through such thoughts or feelings. I don't think you should wish that you were aborted. I bet you are a beautiful soul with lots to give to this world. Don't put yourself down.

If you have anything you want to share or discuss, we are here for you.
Original post by Kitten in boots
This is such a bad false equivalence that all you do is demonstrate that logic is not your strong point.

Ok
I am so sorry to read what you are going through. Nobody should go through such thoughts or feelings. I don't think you should wish that you were aborted. I bet you are a beautiful soul with lots to give to this world. Don't put yourself down.

If you have anything you want to share or discuss, we are here for you.

Thank you, but I didn't post that to get sympathy from you. I posted it to alert you to the fact that regardless of the "baby's choice", what's happened has happened, so the "baby's choice" must be discounted. Therefore the choice is up to the parents, and as I said if they both want it then you shouldn't stop them.
Original post by Glaz
Thank you, but I didn't post that to get sympathy from you. I posted it to alert you to the fact that regardless of the "baby's choice", what's happened has happened, so the "baby's choice" must be discounted. Therefore the choice is up to the parents, and as I said if they both want it then you shouldn't stop them.

I was not giving you sympathy but reaching out to discuss with you, if you need to do so.

To your point, I don't think the baby’s choice should or must be discounted. To imagine that my parents could have aborted me, when I wanted to be born is appalling.

To your previous post, what happens if the mother wants to kill the baby, but the father does not want that to happen. What happens them?
Reply 16
I was not giving you sympathy but reaching out to discuss with you, if you need to do so.

To your point, I don't think the baby’s choice should or must be discounted. To imagine that my parents could have aborted me, when I wanted to be born is appalling.

To your previous post, what happens if the mother wants to kill the baby, but the father does not want that to happen. What happens them?

But you didn’t want to be born, you didn’t have a developed enough brain to even be called alive and had no idea what life or death was. The child will know no different if it is never born so we don’t need to take it’s feelings into consideration because it won’t have any for years.
Original post by Bio 7
But you didn’t want to be born, you didn’t have a developed enough brain to even be called alive and had no idea what life or death was. The child will know no different if it is never born so we don’t need to take it’s feelings into consideration because it won’t have any for years.

This is a disgusting way to see an unborn child.
Reply 18
This is a disgusting way to see an unborn child.

As an incomplete creaure with no mind or thoughts? Your idea of disgusting is very different to mine.

If you weren't born and were aborted you wouldn't have known about it so it makes no difference.

As I said, they would talk and reach a final decision as a couple.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending