The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! Even I was looking for an official LSE postgrad thread for 2020 entry.
Current University: Top 5 uni of my country.
- Achieved (Expected) Grade: 75% aggregate (don't know if this qualifies as a first)
- Prospective Course: Msc Economics
- Prospective College: LSE, UCL, Warwick
- Fun fact/extracurricular activities: Quite a few including leadership roles.

Would really like some insight on other colleges I should apply to within the UK for Economics.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Hi!

- Current University: City University of London
- Achieved (Expected) Grade: 70% 1st
- Prospective Course: Sociology MSc
- Prospective College: LSE
- Fun fact/extracurricular activities: Yoga and Body combat!

Has anyone heard back yet?
Reply 3
Hey everyone

- Current University: Top economics school in France
- Achieved (Expected) Grade: equivalent of a high 2:1
- Prospective Course: Economy, Risk and Society and HR
Reply 4
Original post by yoli1998
Hi!

- Current University: City University of London
- Achieved (Expected) Grade: 70% 1st
- Prospective Course: Sociology MSc
- Fun fact/extracurricular activities: Yoga and Body combat!

Has anyone heard back yet?

I wish haha, I think they usually don't start giving acceptances till January.
Reply 5
I called today and this is exactly what they said, you will be informed of the results in January
Would be good to hear from some other MISDI applicants :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
- Current University: top law school in Chile (Universidad Calólica de Chile-already graduated)
- Achieved Grade: equivalent of a high 2:1
- Prospective Course: Masters in Public Policy (MPP) or Masters in Public Administration (MPA)

My main reason for posting is that I'm working on my LSE application but am not sure whether to apply to the MPP or MPA, besides being different lengths, I don't really know how they are different. Anyone in the same boat or than can offer advice?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by lillylawyer
- Current University: top law school in Chile (Universidad Calólica de Chile-already graduated)
- Achieved Grade: equivalent of a high 2:1
- Prospective Course: Masters in Public Policy (MPP) or Masters in Public Administration (MPA)

My main reason for posting is that I'm working on my LSE application but am not sure whether to apply to the MPP or MPA, besides being different lengths, I don't really know how they are different. Anyone in the same boat or than can offer advice?

Hola, I had applied for the two years MPA and was offered a place this year, however, I changed to the MSc Public Policy and Administration just for one year. MPA and MPP are very similar. The only reason the other one takes two years Is because of the capstone that is for 6 months and also the interdisciplinary aspect
Thread seems to be dead this year compared to last year.. less people applying? :confused:
Reply 10
Original post by Kinococo
Thread seems to be dead this year compared to last year.. less people applying? :confused:

its too early for applications I guess
Restating my application, was on the reserve list. Really hope I'll get in this time
Could someone please explain the % grading system you use? If you get A in every course, is that 100%?
Reply 13
Original post by bambinabambina
Restating my application, was on the reserve list. Really hope I'll get in this time

which course?
Original post by bambinabambina
Could someone please explain the % grading system you use? If you get A in every course, is that 100%?

In the UK, 70% is a first class, which is the highest grade boundary.

This often equates to around 90% / A in other countries grading systems, although it can vary a lot.

Which country are you from?
Original post by Kinococo
In the UK, 70% is a first class, which is the highest grade boundary.

This often equates to around 90% / A in other countries grading systems, although it can vary a lot.

Which country are you from?

I'm confused by this hehe. I'm from Norway, our grading is from A=5 to F=1(fail). We just calculate the average of all grades received (the gpa). Mine is around 4.5
Reply 16
- Current University: Glasgow University (graduated 2017)- Achieved (Expected) Grade: 1st - Prospective Course: International Development and Humanitarian EmergenciesSecond choice - Health and International Development- Prospective College: LSE- Fun fact/extracurricular activities: Been working at various NGOs for the past two years but I am keen to get back to uni and supplement my knowledge!Would be great to know from other people who have had a few years work experience after graduating (in relevant field to the course you are applying to) how you structured your CV? How did you balance the professional experience and academic stuff from your undergrad? I'm completely in the mindset of a professional CV for jobs so would be great to hear from others on what they included in their grad school CVs!
Hi!

- Current University: Nottingham
- Achieved (Expected) Grade: First
- Prospective Course: MSc Applied Social Data Science
- Fun fact/extracurricular activities: a couple of internships related to data science and some other bits and pieces

Good luck everyone. :smile:

Applied: November 8th
Offer: Jan 13th
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi! I applied on 14th October to the Law department and last Thursday my transcript dropped. Is it too early to get excited?
Is anyone else also applying for History of International Relations? I’m expecting a 2.1. I’m not too sure if I will get in because everyone else here achieves a 1st but I’m still going to give it a go.

Latest

Trending

Trending