The Student Room Group

(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Zenitsu
Hi there.

So I’m a first year student studying computer science and I have pretty simple timetable. Except I’ve been struggling to get use to my Monday timetable where I have so many lectures and find myself skipping as I become too overwhelmed and stressed out.
However, I know that some of the computer science students have their Monday lectures split up so they have some on Tuesday and Monday I was wondering whether or not to ask my tutor if I could change my timetable and have the same. But I might get declined as my course is pretty full and they might investigate my attendance (which isn’t impressive).

You can ask, but they may not allow you to. They probably have a certain number of students doing each timetable variation, and may not want to upset that balance.
Original post by PhoenixFortune
You can ask, but they may not allow you to. They probably have a certain number of students doing each timetable variation, and may not want to upset that balance.

Thanks for responding. Yh I agree there are a lot of students doing the course and they won’t have space I guess
Original post by Zenitsu
Thanks for responding. Yh I agree there are a lot of students doing the course and they won’t have space I guess

I'd pretty much have written what @PhoenixFortune wrote verbatim! No harm in asking, but I think the chances of being able to change are slim. These things tend to be worked out quite nicely by teaching staff.
Original post by Reality Check
I'd pretty much have written what @PhoenixFortune wrote verbatim! No harm in asking, but I think the chances of being able to change are slim. These things tend to be worked out quite nicely by teaching staff.

Yh the staff don’t really care how the students feel. They just wanna get on with it and who ever can’t cope gets left behind I suppose

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending