The Student Room Group

Traffic light câmara or just a sensor?

I was going on the street and sudently go to yellow. I never saw the red light but I did not have time to stop before the lines.I think I saw a flash but it could be the car behind me going throw the bump on the street.I am going to post a picture of the cameras

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Patriciammm
I was going on the street and sudently go to yellow. I never saw the red light but I did not have time to stop before the lines.I think I saw a flash but it could be the car behind me going throw the bump on the street.I am going to post a picture of the cameras

Screenshot_20191021_202129_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg
Reply 2
Oh thank you. I was so worried because of the flash of light I saw.
Reply 3
Screenshot_20191021_203547_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg
I just saw these ones two. Are these ones cameras?
Reply 4

Yep you're going to get fined and lose your licence. New rules say you'll never be able to drive again and can be jailed for up to five years.
Reply 5
Original post by IWMTom
Yep you're going to get fined and lose your licence. New rules say you'll never be able to drive again and can be jailed for up to five years.

Not funny
Reply 6
Not funny

No, it's absolutely not. Shouldn't have gone through the light if you didn't want the ban!
Reply 7
Screenshot_20191021_203547_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

Is this a traffic light camera? Does it flash?
I went in the amber color. So it might catch a bit of the back of car. Will I get a fine?
You’re gonna find out when a letter comes or doesn’t😂 I’ve been in the same position, checking maps to look for cameras, but nothing ever got sent to me!
Reply 9
Original post by twist-and-shout
You’re gonna find out when a letter comes or doesn’t😂 I’ve been in the same position, checking maps to look for cameras, but nothing ever got sent to me!

Yeah. I am kind of paranoic now. Just because of the flash. It is a second decision that it is impossible to make. Stop sudently on the traffic light with car behind or go through the amber light.
Yeah. I am kind of paranoic now. Just because of the flash. It is a second decision that it is impossible to make. Stop sudently on the traffic light with car behind or go through the amber light.

Well technically you should slow down even if the light is green; you learn that during lessons. Additionally, I don’t think (don’t bank on this) that traffic cameras flash. I once thought a speed camera flashed behind me but it turned out to be the car behind me (plus my colleagues said I’d know for sure if it had flashed because they’re so bright), so I wouldn’t worry about it
Reply 11

Infrared cameras do not flash visibly. Enjoy your ban.
Original post by IWMTom

You don’t get straight-up banned for going through a red light😂
Well technically you should slow down even if the light is green; you learn that during lessons. Additionally, I don’t think (don’t bank on this) that traffic cameras flash. I once thought a speed camera flashed behind me but it turned out to be the car behind me (plus my colleagues said I’d know for sure if it had flashed because they’re so bright), so I wouldn’t worry about it

I was going on 20 mph. But I only saw the âmbar light really close. Maybe it would be possible to stop. I couldnt react that fast and I my first instinct was not to do a sudently stop. Maybe I was stupid xD let's find out.
I was going on 20 mph. But I only saw the âmbar light really close. Maybe it would be possible to stop. I couldnt react that fast and I my first instinct was not to do a sudently stop. Maybe I was stupid xD let's find out.

You can go through amber anyway. Risky ambers are the best.
Original post by IWMTom

You get a fine and 3 points. But thank you. You made me smile :smile:
Reply 16
You don’t get straight-up banned for going through a red light😂

It's called trolling. Should be banned though.

You get a fine and 3 points. But thank you. You made me smile :smile:

Get off the roads if you can't see a red light.
Reply 17
£2000 fine as well.
Incorrect, research Truvelo cameras.
Example: If it's a pedestrian crossing, the lights will be the same on both sides. But the camera is not behind the line for the traffic facing towards the camera - a Truvelo camera can do both sides.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending