The Student Room Group

I'm no robot but I'm trying - A Year 11 GYG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Obolinda
What is the point of a granola bar the bunny can't eat 😅

We can also buy bubble tea. I'll buy the bubble tea for the aesthetic of the cafe background. There's also a bowl of ramen. I'm definitely going to buy that. I love ramen so much!
Reply 21
keep me tagged please I enjoy this GYG !!
Original post by Amen4
keep me tagged please I enjoy this GYG !!

I tagged you!!!:bban:
Original post by rajayasaswini
Post 3
20/10/2019

I fell asleep after my Chemistry class yesterday. What was supposed to be a short nap turned into 10 hours of sleep. I half woke up at 11 p.m. and heard my mom talking about how she didn't wake me up because I looked so peaceful. I woke up at 5:45 because my watch was vibrating so loudly(it was the alarm). I feel totally rested but I didn't eat dinner or do my 30-minutes session of exercise yesterday.

Anyways, I woke up today to see that I had an acne breakout. Again. I'm pretty jealous of almost every single person in my year because I never see anyone with acne or even a pimple.

What I need to do today:

Screenshot_20191020-072116_Study_Bunny[1].jpg

Tags:

Spoiler

Update:
It's 12:35 a.m right now and I should really go sleep. Anyways, the stuff I managed to finish today:
Screenshot_20191021-002819_Study_Bunny[2].jpg
I procrastinated a bit during my break times. I watched the whole of Black Butler: Book of Atlantic today. I also watched a few (read many) videos (maybe around 10 because I really wanted to clear my Watch Later but there are only 50 right now and the majority of them are just study music playlists) on YouTube.

I am planning to upload the number of hours I've studied this month around the end of every month as Study Bunny records all the time I've spent studying and I can keep track of how much time I spend on every subject every day. I need to sleep now:boring:. Bye bye!

Thank you for reading! Have a great day!

Upcoming Topic in the Next Post:
What I need to buy for my Bunny. Very important. I have literally been studying at least two hours a day for this!!! But at least it helped me study.

What app do you use to write your to do list?
Original post by sciencepotato1
What app do you use to write your to do list?

The app is called Study Bunny.
Reply 25
Omg you get so much done, the thing with me is, I lack motivation to revise. I'll sit there not knowing how to start 😭😭you got any tips?
Post 5

22/10/2019

It's Tuesday today and I intend to get stuff done. The sky is so bright that I can't even look at it. It's so sunny! Sunlight is seeping into my room and it's kinda dim due to the curtains which are a very very light brown colour; it's like when you tear a cardboard box and there's the much lighter colour than the usual colour. You know what I mean?

Anyways the stuff I need to get done:

Spoiler

Update

I give up on making the CAD model!!!. It's so annoying!. I'll just make a bunch of sketches tomorrow to show the development of one of the designs. It's already 12:26 and I have been working on it for 2 hours! I forgot to record it on Study Bunny. That's okay, it's not such a big deal. I had 2 classes today - Economics and Maths! Maths was fun! Why you may ask; it's because it's maths and everything is so logical and makes sense that I don't have to lose my sanity to do more than 5 tries on simultaneous equations and I actually get the answer right. I wish I could show what's going on in my mind right: me kissing my fingers like I made the best food ever and exclaiming: "Mwah! Maths!" in an anime form.

Anyways, I haven't been able to to do much today:

Spoiler

I'm going to decide what I need to do tomorrow(it's actually today since it's past midnight) now!

Spoiler

R.Y.S (that's my initials) Answers!
So a user called @mreji04 asked me for study tips:
Original post by mreji04
Omg you get so much done, the thing with me is, I lack motivation to revise. I'll sit there not knowing how to start 😭😭you got any tips?

Spoiler

That's all the tips I have! I hope they help and have a great day!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by mreji04

I wrote a few tips in today's post(Post 5).
Reply 28
Post 5

22/10/2019

It's Tuesday today and I intend to get stuff done. The sky is so bright that I can't even look at it. It's so sunny! Sunlight is seeping into my room and it's kinda dim due to the curtains which are a very very light brown colour; it's like when you tear a cardboard box and there's the much lighter colour than the usual colour. You know what I mean?

Anyways the stuff I need to get done:

Spoiler

R.Y.S (that's my initials) Answers!
So a user called @mreji04 asked me for study tips:

Spoiler

That's all the tips I have! I hope they help and have a great day!

Thank you! Hope your exams go well and I look forward to you posting.
Post 6
23/10/2019

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen! It's Wednesday and I NEED to get stuff done. It's quite sunny today too. I have a Biology class at 2 p.m. and a Physics class at 7 p.m. I need to do so much stuff! Half-term is almost ending and I feel like I haven't done anything. I wanted to wake up 6:45 but I woke up at 8:45. Woohoo.

I miss school. I miss my friends and my teachers because some of them are the best teachers you will ever get. My social life outside of school is almost non-existent. Almost because I still have a friend in the apartment building I live in who I can hang out with and talk about K-Pop, theories and life. I don't think I've ever been to my school friends' house in the 4 years of me being in this school. I also miss my sister but I text her every day so it ain't that bad(we talk about K-Pop too).

*me to all my friends and my sister*

*whatever you read up there is due to the author of this post slowly losing her sanity due to staying inside her house for too long and not going to school*

Anyways, this is my to-do list for today:

Spoiler

Note:
I know many of you guys wouldn't care that much but recently, an ex-member of a K-Pop girl group called f(x) committed suicide at the age of 25 last week.

I supported and loved her because of her outspoken personality. Sulli got a lot of hate comments on social media just because she was open-minded, supported feminism and was being herself. She was really affected by it and left f(x) as it was affecting her mental health and thought things would get better if she left. They didn't. Hate comments kept piling up. She died from depression caused by cyber-bullying.

All I want to say after this is please think about what you are posting on the internet. Anything you post on the internet can have a huge effect on someone's life: it can make them laugh, it can make them cry, it can change their life, it can harm them, it can make them feel better etc. If someone does something wrong while not knowing what was wrong, educate them, not bash them. There's no point in posting something if it's going to hurt the person who's reading it.

P.S. There's a difference between criticism and hate and they both can hurt people. However, criticism is your point of view on how someone can improve. Hate doesn't do that - it just shows your hostility towards someone.
(edited 4 years ago)
Post 7
24/10/2019

'Sup guys? I hope you're having a nice day! I apologise for going all out yesterday. I felt like I had to say something since I recently read a post that there is cyber-bullying going on in TSR. There are a lot of people who are reporting them but if the thread starter or someone like that read it, it could seriously affect them. I care about you guys and if you ever want to talk with me, you can spill out your feelings and I will do my best to help. I'm pretty sure there is also a thread or forum in TSR about mental health and you can also go there. Take care everyone!

Back to the post:

Yesterday. I could not do any work at all because I was busy filling in paperwork for a visa I'm applying for a school trip. I spent so long doing that. Before that, my dad took me to get photos of the paperwork. My mom clipped my hair at the back so I looked like a raindrop. My hair is short - it can't be tied into a proper ponytail and all the hair sticks out if I try to tie it up.

I'm not planning to grow out my hair. My mom wants it long. I look like an idiot with long hair. I still have to shave it if something I prayed for happens by the end of 2019.

This is the stuff I managed to finish yesterday:

Spoiler

I have so much work left! I still don't know what I'm supposed to do for ongoing research!:afraid::cry:

The stuff I have to finish:

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
I agree with what you said in the last post!
Post 8
25/10/2019

Hello everyone! It's 2 p.m and I haven't started anything at all:ahee:. Hahhahahahahahahah. I don't know why I did that. I just felt like laughing. I laugh at pretty much everything since I was around 10 or 11. You know when your stress and anxiety peaks so much that you just randomly start laughing for no reason. That's pretty much every day. It's not that bad tbh when you get used to it. You just deal with it...by laughing. Also, it may also be that time of your life when everything is really funny for no reason at all.

Anyways, the stuff I finished yesterday:

Spoiler

The stuff I need to do today:

Spoiler

I have Biology and Maths (I feel like I'm fully capable of doing this of my own but I should probably try not to be cocky when it comes to maths because I keep making mistakes while solving simultaneous equations as I overcomplicate trying to find the answer when the solutions might as well be 2 and 3 and not 6.34kjj829j64 and 7.9qwe87234) today.

P.S. I added in the letter purposely in the decimals

Reply 33
Post 8
25/10/2019

when it comes to maths because I keep making mistakes while solving simultaneous equations as I overcomplicate trying to find the answer when the solutions might as well be 2 and 3 and not 6.34kjj829j64 and 7.9qwe87234) today.

I relate to that, totally :frown:
Post 9
26/10/2019

Hello everyone!:bhangra: It's like 2:05 a.m. now. I'm going to sleep after writing this! Thankfully, my sanity has been restored!!! I finally found something to research for DT!

This is the stuff I managed to finish yesterday (and a bit today):

Spoiler

My to-do list for today:

Spoiler

One of my cycle's tire is kinda flat so I couldn't cycle at all yesterday. I hope I can find the inflator but school's starting tomorrow but I need to take some time to learn how to ride the cycle pretty quickly.
Right now, this is how I cycle:

It's not because I'm too tall for the bicycle but because I still have to get rid of the fear that I will fall down and break all my arms and legs.

Edit: I'm the dude on the right.

Thanks for reading! Hope you have a great day!
(edited 4 years ago)
Post 9
26/10/2019

Hello everyone!:bhangra: It's like 2:05 a.m. now. I'm going to sleep after writing this! Thankfully, my sanity has been restored!!! I finally found something to research for DT!

This is the stuff I managed to finish yesterday (and a bit today):

Spoiler

My to-do list for today:

Spoiler

One of my cycle's tire is kinda flat so I couldn't cycle at all yesterday. I hope I can find the inflator but school's starting tomorrow but I need to take some time to learn how to ride the cycle pretty quickly.
Right now, this is how I cycle:

It's not because I'm too tall for the bicycle but because I still have to get rid of the fear that I will fall down and break all my arms and legs.

Thanks for reading! Hope you have a great day!

haha i can totally relate for DT its so long. How much have you done and when is it due by? im struggling on my design ideas
Original post by sciencepotato1
haha i can totally relate for DT its so long. How much have you done and when is it due by? im struggling on my design ideas

I need to finish all the product development sketches and models, the ongoing research and suggested proposed design based on development so far by next Tuesday. I am so dead.:ahee: :afraid::bawling:I took 5 days to develop one model but I'm trying to finish everything else by Tuesday. They only gave us a week (half term) to finish all of this. I just realised I haven't really had a day off from studying in the whole half term. :afraid:

Have a great day and thanks for reading my GYG!
Well done on the to-do list you got most of it done.
Unfortunately, not the same can be said for me this half term.
i really like your to-do lists:yep:
:hugs: you're doing great! good luck:wink:
and super glad you are looking after (+ talking about) your mental health:thumbsup:
Post 10:bban:
27/10/2019

This is the 10th post on this blog! I can't believe I managed to update this every day - only because it was half term. Anyways, even though I did manage to get through a lot of stuff, I feel like I haven't really gotten the chance to relax (apart from getting enough sleep every day). I did procrastinate sometime in breaks so I guess you could call that relaxing. I managed to watch like 2.5 anime series in my breaks in half-term

Stuff I watched:

Spoiler

The stuff I managed to do yesterday:

Spoiler

I can't sleep since I'm so nervous about school. I feel like I'm not ready for anything right now. I also have an Economics test I haven't studied for today.

Thank you for reading! Have a great day at school!
BTW it's 12:57 a.m. and I haven't packed my bags for school yet.
Update 1
The weather today isn't so bad. It was cloudy in the morning but I'm pretty sure it'll clear out in 2 hours. I almost died in the first few minute I got on the bus because it was so hot and I was really nervous to go and ask the driver to switch on the AC. I saw my friend approaching the bus along with her brother and I suddenly got the courage to go and ask him. Idk what happened.
I'm at school right now and we have 2 free study periods today, The first lesson and fourth lesson are study periods for our form. I have an Economics test in the 3rd period and I'm still like:

I only got 4.5 hours of sleep. I can barely function right now but I'm a bit more awake than JK in the picture above. I need sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.:yawn:

Update 2
What happened at school today:
Biology - We did more revision questions on Homeostasis. I learnt a bit more about the menstrual cycle but seriously, this is such a complex topic when it comes to positive and negative feedback.

Economics - We didn't have the test today and it's actually tomorrow. Our teacher discussed a bit more on Balance of Payments. We have a test on economic growth, inflation, unemployment and balance of payments so I have to revise for that.

English - We started watching the Macbeth movie. I have always hated Macbeth, only because we keep doing it over and over again every other year - We did it in Yr 8, 9 and now in Yr 11.

Those are all the subject I have today as I have 2 study lessons, 3 subject lessons and the last 2 lessons are PE.

Update 3
I'm back from school! Today is Diwali so to anyone who's reading - Happy Diwali! Diwali is also called the festival of lights as people all put loads of colourful light inside their house. I have a friend who's visiting and it's been ages since I saw him. I still have a lot of stuff to do so I have to manage my time somehow.

The stuff I need to do today:

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending