Scroll to see replies

Offer received today for BA Geography with professional placement - AAB
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by keep_drowning
Heya :smile:

What course are you applying for?: Biology (with Placement year)

What subjects are you currently studying?:Maths, Biology, Psychology, Further Maths

Predicted A level grades: Probably A*A*AA

GCSE grades: 6A*s, 3As, 1B

What other universities are you applying to?: Durham, Bath, Oxford, Glasgow

Why Lancaster?: I did a summer school at Lancaster a couple of years back and really liked the campus. Also the Biology course has lots of options and having a big choice of modules is always great

What have you done strengthen your application (extracurriculars)? Biology extra reading, work experience in a genetics lab, math tutoring, youth leader, part time job

Got an offer this morning :h:
Original post by SaveOurSchool
Offer received today for BA Geography with professional placement - AAB

Congratulations! Let me know if you have any questions I can help you with
Charlotte :smile:
3rd year Biological sciences with Biomedicine
Got an offer this morning :h:

Congratulations! Let me know if you have any questions that will help you decide whether to firm/insurance.
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Reply 24
Just received an offer for Politics and Sociology
Original post by teodor!
Just received an offer for Politics and Sociology

Congratulations! If you need an extra info in the meantime let me know
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Reply 26
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hey guys!
I'm a current student and I'll be happy to help you answer any questions you might have.
I also have a Youtube channel with lots of info you might find useful, and I also help along with other students to make content on the uni's Youtube channel.
I'm happy to help so just reply/leave a message!
2nd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine

Hello, your videos have been really helpful when I've been researching the uni. I'm applying for natural sciences and I just want to know more about the interview because I can't find much information about interviews anywhere. Would you be able to give me an idea of what to expect?
Thankyou
Original post by RAB2018
Hello, your videos have been really helpful when I've been researching the uni. I'm applying for natural sciences and I just want to know more about the interview because I can't find much information about interviews anywhere. Would you be able to give me an idea of what to expect?
Thankyou

Hello,
They didn't have interviews when I was studying. From what I know at the moment, if you get invited to an interview it's actually to see whether you're a candidate for an unconditional offer (you'll need to check exactly though). It'll probably be very simple: why do you want to study here? why do you want to do this course? and maybe a few questions. It's likely that just by turning up you'll get to see the uni and you'll probably get an offer and if you don't you'll still have a conditional. That's what it's like in the Biology department at the moment so I think it's the same for natsci.
Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!
What course are you applying for?: Law (M100)
What subjects are you currently studying?: Law, Economics and Maths
Predicted A level grades: A*A*A
GCSE grades: 98888777
What other universities are you applying to?: Cambridge, York, Manchester, Exeter
Why Lancaster?: I absolutely loved the uni when visiting back in July, I liked the law professor as well, really engaging.
What have you done strengthen your application (extracurriculars)?: Included several books, wider reading and wrote about an assignment I did on euthanasia.

Hopefully I'd get an Unconditional offer from Lancaster!! Do I have a good chance of getting that??
Got offer today for Maths with year in industry, AAB. So happy. :banana:
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hello,
They didn't have interviews when I was studying. From what I know at the moment, if you get invited to an interview it's actually to see whether you're a candidate for an unconditional offer (you'll need to check exactly though). It'll probably be very simple: why do you want to study here? why do you want to do this course? and maybe a few questions. It's likely that just by turning up you'll get to see the uni and you'll probably get an offer and if you don't you'll still have a conditional. That's what it's like in the Biology department at the moment so I think it's the same for natsci.
Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

Hi Charlotte,

I was wondering if you knew if it's possible to get a refund for travel expenses incurred by going to an interview?
Hi Charlotte,

I was wondering if you knew if it's possible to get a refund for travel expenses incurred by going to an interview?

Hey!

I'm Charlie, another ambassador for Lancaster University.

I had to interview in order to obtain my unconditional - personally I don't think I received any travel refunds but I don't think there is any harm in contacting the department which the interview is with and asking.

Hope this was helpful!

Charlie
What course are you applying for English Lit
What subjects are you currently studying? English lit, Philosophy, Politics
Predicted A level grades: A*AA
GCSE grades: 999877B654
What other universities are you applying to?: Oxford, Warwick, York, Durham
Why Lancaster? Quite well ranked for English and they seem to be on the rise.

+ Received an offer today for English lit AAB or ABB if firmed
Received an offer just now for Mathematics and Statistics with a year in industry! ^^
Reply 34
Original post by ImLeonardo
What course are you applying for?: Law (M100)
What subjects are you currently studying?: Law, Economics and Maths
Predicted A level grades: A*A*A
GCSE grades: 98888777
What other universities are you applying to?: Cambridge, York, Manchester, Exeter
Why Lancaster?: I absolutely loved the uni when visiting back in July, I liked the law professor as well, really engaging.
What have you done strengthen your application (extracurriculars)?: Included several books, wider reading and wrote about an assignment I did on euthanasia.

Hopefully I'd get an Unconditional offer from Lancaster!! Do I have a good chance of getting that??

i got one for human geography
hoping to apply to lancaster for criminology next week it’s definitely my first choice however i’m predicted ABB and even through that is the entry requirements everybody on this thread is apply with a lot higher grades, do we think i’ll still get a offer ???
I really like Lancatser Uni so I want to apply for software engineering and it requires AAB. I still don't have my predicted grades but I hope the are at least AAC/A*AC. For my AS i got A in IT, Maths and Spanish (im only doing the AS for spanish) and a D in Economics which i will be resitting as i didnt do very well. People seem to be applying with much higher grades, would I still have the possibility to get an offer? I was also wondering if they ask for an interview for this course?
Original post by STEM.lover
Hi all!

This is for anyone applying to Lancaster 2020.

To start this off:

What course are you applying for?:
What subjects are you currently studying?:
Predicted A level grades:
GCSE grades:
What other universities are you applying to?:
Why Lancaster?:
What have you done strengthen your application (extracurriculars)?:

@Puddles the Monkey

Psychology
English Literature, Maths, Psychology, EPQ
York, Leeds, Northumbria, Nottingham Trent
The campus is really nice and course is good
I just received an email saying that I have been selected for the Unconditional Offer Scheme, subsequently I need to attend an interview.

If anyone has any further information about this/ how the interview is structured, that would be very helpful
Original post by Alexx1414
hoping to apply to lancaster for criminology next week it’s definitely my first choice however i’m predicted ABB and even through that is the entry requirements everybody on this thread is apply with a lot higher grades, do we think i’ll still get a offer ???

Definitely apply anyway! Everyone's schools have different requirements for predictions (sometimes even differing a lot between subjects). The universities are looking for passion and suitability at the end of the day as well. I would also remember that the Student Room is not fully representative of the general pop. (most people actively participating on it are on the higher end of grade predictions). I wish you all the luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending