The Student Room Group

What Predicted or GPA would i need or compete with to get into Kegs or Brampton?

Im in my final year of year secondary school and studying hard towards year 11 mocks and GCSE's, Im not a straight 9 student however aiming for all 8s and 9s with 1 or 2 level 7s. Im aiming to go to Brampton Manor Academy so was wondering what my GPA should be to secure an offer or interview. Especially because I intend to study A-Level Maths, Biology, Chemistry and maybe Physics. They said you need a GPA>=7.0 to get an interview but whats your opinion for a more competitive facilitating subject combination.

Scroll to see replies

Here are the requirements for Brampton Manor Academy first of all:

At least a grade 7 at GCSE in all subjects they intend to study at A Level.
A grade point average of at least 7.0 across all GCSEs studied (minimum entry criteria a grade point average of 6.5).
A minimum of a grade 5 in English Language and Mathematics, regardless of the subjects studied at A Level.

Looking at what you said about your prediction on your GCSE grades you 100% got the chance to get in. First of all your choice of A level combination is excellent however do you know what u want to do in the future? is there a subject that is not related to something you might study in the future? if not then i recommend choosing something different maybe psycology or something you enjoy but defo dont do a something which you know you dont like dont force yourself in. Your interview is also very important even if you get those grades if you dont have the confidence and show passion for those subjects there might be a problem and some other student might get the advantage over you. Your A level choices are extremely competive and can be really tough so your GCSE grades need to be best they can be for those subjects.
Original post by WoTiFix
Here are the requirements for Brampton Manor Academy first of all:

At least a grade 7 at GCSE in all subjects they intend to study at A Level.
A grade point average of at least 7.0 across all GCSEs studied (minimum entry criteria a grade point average of 6.5).
A minimum of a grade 5 in English Language and Mathematics, regardless of the subjects studied at A Level.

Looking at what you said about your prediction on your GCSE grades you 100% got the chance to get in. First of all your choice of A level combination is excellent however do you know what u want to do in the future? is there a subject that is not related to something you might study in the future? if not then i recommend choosing something different maybe psycology or something you enjoy but defo dont do a something which you know you dont like dont force yourself in. Your interview is also very important even if you get those grades if you dont have the confidence and show passion for those subjects there might be a problem and some other student might get the advantage over you. Your A level choices are extremely competive and can be really tough so your GCSE grades need to be best they can be for those subjects.

im not sure What I wanna do however I somehow enjoy the more scientific subjects and would like to explore them all

im not sure What I wanna do however I somehow enjoy the more scientific subjects and would like to explore them all further
Original post by philip.13o+++++
im not sure What I wanna do however I somehow enjoy the more scientific subjects and would like to explore them all further

Hmm so basically you want to become something related to science. Maybe a doctor?. This is a good choice of subjects but you need to make sure you don't regret your decision and end up dropping one of them and waste time. Sadly you can only study 1 field type in university so you need to find the right pathway for yourself if you enjoy maths alot and science at the same time I would recommend physics but hey its completely upto.
Original post by WoTiFix
Hmm so basically you want to become something related to science. Maybe a doctor?. This is a good choice of subjects but you need to make sure you don't regret your decision and end up dropping one of them and waste time. Sadly you can only study 1 field type in university so you need to find the right pathway for yourself if you enjoy maths alot and science at the same time I would recommend physics but hey its completely upto.

I understand and need to quickly identify whether i prefer Biology and Chemistry or Physics and maths more. Btw do you go Brampton currently or also interested in applying for 2020
Well i wish could but i live nowhere near close to Bramton Academy but i just know people who went there. Its a great school but let me tell you one thing. Your Interview matters alot. much more than you think.
Original post by WoTiFix
Well i wish could but i live nowhere near close to Bramton Academy but i just know people who went there. Its a great school but let me tell you one thing. Your Interview matters alot. much more than you think.

Thank you,I've heard about it bit never knew the importance. I know of someone who got caught lying however the person got the grades and still go the place so wondering how much of a factor it is. Do you have any tips
Thank you,I've heard about it bit never knew the importance. I know of someone who got caught lying however the person got the grades and still go the place so wondering how much of a factor it is. Do you have any tips

I'm studying their right now. The interview is important because it's about first impressions and like talking about what you want to do or considering so be informed on your a level options. Why you wanted to do them and why you picked them. Grades wise, for the science subjects, you should be predicted 7 - 9 im pretty sure (humanities student sorry). Their not expecting you to have your life planned out, just make sure you have an idea of what route you possibly want to get into. Have a predicted gpa of 7 or above and also be predicted the grades needed for your subject - its on the school website the grades you need. Also I know students studying all 3 sciences and a maths at the school currently.
Original post by student4986
I'm studying their right now. The interview is important because it's about first impressions and like talking about what you want to do or considering so be informed on your a level options. Why you wanted to do them and why you picked them. Grades wise, for the science subjects, you should be predicted 7 - 9 im pretty sure (humanities student sorry). Their not expecting you to have your life planned out, just make sure you have an idea of what route you possibly want to get into. Have a predicted gpa of 7 or above and also be predicted the grades needed for your subject - its on the school website the grades you need. Also I know students studying all 3 sciences and a maths at the school currently.

Ok thank you, I was also wondering is it top 8 GPA or total combined average of all your GCSEs.
Ok thank you, I was also wondering is it top 8 GPA or total combined average of all your GCSEs.

total combination
total combination

Would u be able to say what ur predicted grades were for the a levels you took
Would u be able to say what ur predicted grades were for the a levels you took

im assuming ur asking what my predicted grades were?
History - predicted 9
Engllish Literature - predicted 8
Sociology - didn't do it at gcse so RS instead predicted 8
Economics - didn't do it at gcse so instead maths predicted 7
im assuming ur asking what my predicted grades were?
History - predicted 9
Engllish Literature - predicted 8
Sociology - didn't do it at gcse so RS instead predicted 8
Economics - didn't do it at gcse so instead maths predicted 7

How do you think I'll do trying to get an offer with:
Predictions of
Biology 8/9
Chemistry 9
Physics 8/9
Maths 7/8
How do you think I'll do trying to get an offer with:
Predictions of
Biology 8/9
Chemistry 9
Physics 8/9
Maths 7/8

Those are really great preditions, you defo have a chance getting an offer. Make sure you have a gpa at 7 or above. But you look like you have a strong chance of getting an offer. Just make sure you can get a good reference from your head of year. But remember that an offer doesn't 100% mean your in. An offer means that on enrolment day if u meet the grades your guaranteed to get in. But, ikno ppl that got an offer but didn't meet the grades by actual results day. Dont let your predictions get to your head, work hard this year and put in the work and your sure to get the grades and go whichever sixthform you want. Good luckk.
Those are really great preditions, you defo have a chance getting an offer. Make sure you have a gpa at 7 or above. But you look like you have a strong chance of getting an offer. Just make sure you can get a good reference from your head of year. But remember that an offer doesn't 100% mean your in. An offer means that on enrolment day if u meet the grades your guaranteed to get in. But, ikno ppl that got an offer but didn't meet the grades by actual results day. Dont let your predictions get to your head, work hard this year and put in the work and your sure to get the grades and go whichever sixthform you want. Good luckk.

Yes I still know they are only predicted but don't stop me from working hard towards them
Yes I still know they are only predicted but don't stop me from working hard towards them

if those are your prediction you must be somewhere around 6 and a 7. Try your best and everything will be fine.
Original post by WoTiFix
if those are your prediction you must be somewhere around 6 and a 7. Try your best and everything will be fine.

Many thanks
Reply 17
Im in my final year of year secondary school and studying hard towards year 11 mocks and GCSE's, Im not a straight 9 student however aiming for all 8s and 9s with 1 or 2 level 7s. Im aiming to go to Brampton Manor Academy so was wondering what my GPA should be to secure an offer or interview. Especially because I intend to study A-Level Maths, Biology, Chemistry and maybe Physics. They said you need a GPA>=7.0 to get an interview but whats your opinion for a more competitive facilitating subject combination.

Don't mean to be late but at Brampton, you need minimum 8s to do any sciences and to do chemistry, you need an 8 in both chemistry and maths :smile:
Original post by gbemio
Don't mean to be late but at Brampton, you need minimum 8s to do any sciences and to do chemistry, you need an 8 in both chemistry and maths :smile:

That's fantastic I was already looking around the higher levels
Original post by gbemio

Is that 8s in everything or just sciences and maths

Latest