The Student Room Group

Missed re enrollment for 2nd year, course terminated, what should i do?

i m a continuing student in Westminster university facing financial hardship, so i couldºnt pay the tuition fee fully. therefore the finance department restricted my account so that i couldnt re enroll untill my payment was complete. therefore i wasnt able to complete my enrollment for the second year. they have passed the debt to STA debt collection agency and i could set up na installment plan with them, but i recieved an e-mail that because you havent enrolled on to the system, your university terminated, so i was wondering what does that mean? am i course terminated and cant return to the university or if i pay my tuition i could re enroll next year? if any one having or had the same difficulty as me, can they clearify my situation. What will happen, i tried to talk to the finance department as well to see if theres any way i could arrange an installment plan but they didnt accept in any way possible to arrange an installment plan and threatened that if you dont pay the whole amount it will be passed to an debt collection agency and they will raise so much more Money. please i need some advice? Am i course terminated or can i re enroll next year once settled my finances.
Only the university can answer this question. It’s their policy that matters.
Original post by sneakerdream24
i m a continuing student in Westminster university facing financial hardship, so i couldºnt pay the tuition fee fully. therefore the finance department restricted my account so that i couldnt re enroll untill my payment was complete. therefore i wasnt able to complete my enrollment for the second year. they have passed the debt to STA debt collection agency and i could set up na installment plan with them, but i recieved an e-mail that because you havent enrolled on to the system, your university terminated, so i was wondering what does that mean? am i course terminated and cant return to the university or if i pay my tuition i could re enroll next year? if any one having or had the same difficulty as me, can they clearify my situation. What will happen, i tried to talk to the finance department as well to see if theres any way i could arrange an installment plan but they didnt accept in any way possible to arrange an installment plan and threatened that if you dont pay the whole amount it will be passed to an debt collection agency and they will raise so much more Money. please i need some advice? Am i course terminated or can i re enroll next year once settled my finances.

Hi there

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulties paying your tuition fees. Which course were you studying?

The finance department sets out guidelines to students prior to them starting their degrees, so students know when they will have to pay their fees. Students can pay their yearly tuition fee through 3 installments. 50% of the fee must be paid in September then 25% in December and January respectively. If students cannot meet the payment deadline then they need to speak with the Finance Team which it seems you have done.

It's not possible to arrange separate individual instalment plans for students. From reading your message it appears that you are still owing fees from your first year. It won't be possible to continue into Year 2 if you still owe fees for Year 1. If you are a fee debtor the university will suspend your ID card and you will not be able to access Blackboard and will not be able to complete your enrolment.

You may wish to suspend your studies for a year until you can pay the debt off. This way you will be able to resume your studies once your financial situation improves.

I would recommend you speak with staff in the Registry Office on your campus or book an appointment with a student counselor to discuss your situation.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending