The Student Room Group

crush on teacher

is it normal to develop feelings for a teacher. i’ve had numerous crushes on teachers for the past 3 years which seem to go away after they have stopped teaching me for a few weeks. but i seem to always have one and it affects my work in there class.
Reply 1
@santanalopez

Yes, its normal. Its just a crush, you will grow out of it. Your education is very important - its a very competitive world out there and you will soon find that out. Concentrate on doing the best you can in your studies.
I had a friend who was in the same situation. I don't think it is uncommon to have a crush on a teacher but if it starts to affect your studies/mental health then definitely it is a problem.
When I was in infant school I kissed my teacher after school and in primary school I had an obsession with my teacher's thighs and leopard print mini skirt. It's normal. However, this was the 80's. Be a big no, no nowadays.
Original post by Danelius
When I was in infant school I kissed my teacher after school and in primary school I had an obsession with my teacher's thighs and leopard print mini skirt. It's normal. However, this was the 80's. Be a big no, no nowadays.

haha this is cute, im obviously not going to act on it but i do enjoy admiring her from a distance :smile:
Original post by santanalopez
i do enjoy admiring her from a distance :smile:

Welcome to the club. I use to sit next to her at every opportunity. I hated when someone took a certain seat. I still have vivid memories 30 years on.
I find it very strange reading this as it reminds of my crush I had on my RE teacher in my first two years of secondary school, but by the end of secondary school, I absolutely hated her and still do now, the very thought of the crush I had on her is almost laughable to myself. :redface:
Original post by santanalopez
is it normal to develop feelings for a teacher. i’ve had numerous crushes on teachers for the past 3 years which seem to go away after they have stopped teaching me for a few weeks. but i seem to always have one and it affects my work in there class.

It’s okay to like a teacher. You just have to know, that nothing can happen. Teachers have lots of good traits, but you shouldn’t date your teacher. Just do your best in school!
Yes! I can relate too! Honestly there was this history teacher at my high school and he was so crashworthy. I think there was more than me at the school who had a crush on this teacher but they were pretty closeted with their secret crush on him. (Just to give you some kind of image, he looked like if Robert Irwin and Iain Stirling had a clone of both of them)

Anyway, NEVER act on it. Don’t embarrass yourself and them and keep your fantasies with this person securely locked in your imagination. It’s just your hormones playing roulette, randomising on whoever you actually find attractive and unfortunately, that’s your teacher. I would be surprised if any young teacher hasn’t had at least one of their students have a crush on them; they are probably used to hormonal teenagers just finding them good looking, nothing more.

(Ps, I replied to this because I had a dream last night of me and this teacher competing on Strictly together. Random I know 😂)
Original post by Just-lucy
Yes! I can relate too! Honestly there was this history teacher at my high school and he was so crashworthy. I think there was more than me at the school who had a crush on this teacher but they were pretty closeted with their secret crush on him. (Just to give you some kind of image, he looked like if Robert Irwin and Iain Stirling had a clone of both of them)

Anyway, NEVER act on it. Don’t embarrass yourself and them and keep your fantasies with this person securely locked in your imagination. It’s just your hormones playing roulette, randomising on whoever you actually find attractive and unfortunately, that’s your teacher. I would be surprised if any young teacher hasn’t had at least one of their students have a crush on them; they are probably used to hormonal teenagers just finding them good looking, nothing more.

(Ps, I replied to this because I had a dream last night of me and this teacher competing on Strictly together. Random I know 😂)

Great advice. Sadly, the OP was last active in 2019. I hope they've moved on now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending