The Student Room Group

Sheffield A100 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

How's everyone doing/feeling about sheffield? I stalked last years thread and the cut off score by ranking was revealed at end of october, which I'm dreading!
Original post by denaturedenzyme
How's everyone doing/feeling about sheffield? I stalked last years thread and the cut off score by ranking was revealed at end of october, which I'm dreading!

Is it posted on their website at the end of October?
Original post by anonfuturemedic
Is it posted on their website at the end of October?

I think so! deffo dreading it
Actually, if you check the actual date in last year thread, the cutoff came out in the 2nd week of November. The schools only get the UCAT scores during the 1st week of November so cutoffs cannot come out before then.
I think so! deffo dreading it

Which score did you get?
Reply 65
Which score did you get?

Seem to remember from last year that interview offers and rejections were sent out in early November, with interviews taking place from 22 Nov onwards. I think they interview oversees quite a lot later so it took a considerable time for the offers (and rejections) to come out. There is usually a very accurate timeline on their website (Julian is very transparent).
Reply 66
Original post by Jaybeuk
Seem to remember from last year that interview offers and rejections were sent out in early November, with interviews taking place from 22 Nov onwards. I think they interview oversees quite a lot later so it took a considerable time for the offers (and rejections) to come out. There is usually a very accurate timeline on their website (Julian is very transparent).

Here's the link to the timeline

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/medicine/prospective_ug/applying/whathappens
I got 2650, the cut off last year ended up being 2630 I believe so I am definitely in the danger territory, which stresses me out so much since Sheff is honestly my dream university, the medical course seems perfect for me and I am still yet to hear a negative thing about it. What about you?

You’ve got thissss 🙌🏼 the UCAT average is very similar to last year so I’m hoping for you! I got 2820 - my first choice is Warwick (purely because it’s grad entry so it’ll be easier to fund) but sheffield looks amazing!
You’ve got thissss 🙌🏼 the UCAT average is very similar to last year so I’m hoping for you! I got 2820 - my first choice is Warwick (purely because it’s grad entry so it’ll be easier to fund) but sheffield looks amazing!

Oh grad entry seems like a different pain altogether! Have you applied to sheff grad entry as well?
Oh grad entry seems like a different pain altogether! Have you applied to sheff grad entry as well?

Nope! Sheff grad entry is for widening participation students only and I don’t meet criteria. I’ve applied for standard entry Sheffield, Leicester and Manchester 😊
How's everyone doing? The wait is honestly killing me, I just want to know if I've got an interview or not :frown:
How's everyone doing? The wait is honestly killing me, I just want to know if I've got an interview or not :frown:

What was your ucat score?
2650. I'm hanging on the edge of their ranking.

You’ll probably be alright because deciles dropped so fewer people with have scores better than you
Reply 73
Original post by Sososnake
You’ll probably be alright because deciles dropped so fewer people with have scores better than you

Actually, because more people sat the exam, there are around 450 more people scoring above this level than last year
Original post by GANFYD
Actually, because more people sat the exam, there are around 450 more people scoring above this level than last year

Oh no
Reply 75
Original post by Sososnake
Oh no

Doesn’t mean any of them will apply to Sheffield though! (Though they should, it’s amazing)
Original post by GANFYD
Doesn’t mean any of them will apply to Sheffield though! (Though they should, it’s amazing)

Sheffield is supposed to be my safe uni 😂I still loved it at the open day though
Original post by GANFYD

always comforting to hear
Reply 78
always comforting to hear

Just doing the maths! 😂😂
But keep in mind the dentistry students... and as I understand It many more dentistry courses now require the UCAT so its quite possible that this is a contributing factor to the increase in number of UCAT candidates!
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending